On Hold For Dining

OK, I have to vent.
I happened to be up at 7 so I figured I’d call in and get my reservations out of the way and hopefully grab Le Cellier 90 days out.
After holding for 11 minutes, a CM comes on the line, great.
I inform him that these reservations are for June and he says he has to transfer my call to someone else.
After holding for an additional 20 minutes, my call gets disconnected.
I right call back and I’ve been holding for another 20 minutes and just as I was typing this, a CM came on the line.
But of course, even though it is 90 days out from June 15, le Cellier is already fully booked for dinner that day and I am [B]LIVID[/B]!

Note: (7/26/09) If you are reading this thread for the first time, there is a new post regarding my finally getting a reservation for Le Cellier for Oct. 24. on page 3 and that is why this seemingly dead thread came back to life.

This sounds like the morning I made mine!! I was on hold for 40 min before I got to the right person.

If you have to call back again, call the main line, it gives a 90 day out option so you skip the first cm and go straight to the correct reservation line!!

Good Luck!:wacko::blink:

The second call I accidentally said I was in Orlando and then I was given the option to press “1” for reservations after “X” date, so there was only one CM involved.

How insane.I know Canada gets booked up quick,but common.Hope you get your ressies.

This is the latest in a LONG line of complaints I have been reading about the new system. The other system wasn’t broken, so I cannot understand why they felt they needed to fix it.

What a nightmare.

I wonder why there are all the disconnections. It seems crazy for the phone to disconnect just because they got a new computer system… That is the part that does not make sense to me. good luck with the ADR.

My only real complaint is that it’s 90 days out and at 8 AM I was already being told that all the dinner reservations were taken, but I was kind of expecting that because Babets already reported a couple days ago that she wasn’t able to get a dinner reservation for June 13 and I’m trying for June 15.
Sadly, lunch reservations were available, but we’re eating breakfast at 11 both mornings we’re there and I’m not giving up Chef Mickey’s (especially at the time I wanted) or 1900 Park Fare (certainly not the morning after my birthday!) just to eat a steak for lunch.

Oh by the way, I changed my mind at the last minute and decided on California Grill on my birthday instead of Citrico’s.
The menu just didn’t capture me.

And for those interested:

June 14 California Grill 6 PM
June 15 1900 Park Fare 11 AM
Tokyo Dining 7 PM (this was supposed to be Le Cellier)
June 16 Chef Mickey’s 11 AM.

:confused: Is Tokyo Dining the same as Teppan Edo? I don’t think I’ve ever seen that one.

What are the numbers you are calling? The WDW-Dine number? Are there other numbers?

NO!!!

Tokyo Dining and Teppan Edo are two different restaurants in Japan.
Tokyo Dining is the one up front with all the windows and specializes in sushi and tempura. Teppan Edo is in the middle of the building and is divided into 6 sub rooms with 4 hibachi tables each, like a semi private Benihana.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;945163]And for those interested:

June 14 California Grill 6 PM
June 15 1900 Park Fare 11 AM
Tokyo Dining 7 PM (this was supposed to be Le Cellier)
June 16 Chef Mickey’s 11 AM.[/QUOTE]

Well… you still have really nice ADRs.

I am really hoping I get the ressies I want…haven’t heard anything GOOD about this new system at all. I don’t really understand why they changed it. 90 days in Disneyland is sufficient and I have always gotten the ADR’s I wanted, but it doesn’t sound like that is the case w/ WDW. Guess I better go make some back up choices.

I called about a month ago for our May trip and I did not have any problems. I am sad to hear all the problems people are having.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;945162]My only real complaint is that it’s 90 days out and at 8 AM I was already being told that all the dinner reservations were taken, but I was kind of expecting that because Babets already reported a couple days ago that she wasn’t able to get a dinner reservation for June 13 and I’m trying for June 15.
Sadly, lunch reservations were available, but we’re eating breakfast at 11 both mornings we’re there and I’m not giving up Chef Mickey’s (especially at the time I wanted) or 1900 Park Fare (certainly not the morning after my birthday!) just to eat a steak for lunch.

Oh by the way, I changed my mind at the last minute and decided on California Grill on my birthday instead of Citrico’s.
The menu just didn’t capture me.[/QUOTE]

I think the problem with getting LeCellier is that one can book 90 days plus 10. So, for me, that took me to June 17th with an arrival on June 7th. I would still continue to try-some people do cancel!

I called on the 12th to make by June reservations. I made a weeks worth of ressies, including LeCellier, and was on the phone a total of 12 minutes. I must have gotten extremely lucky. Now, I just hope they don’t lose them all.

There are a couple problems for me here.
First, we’re only going for June 14-16, so I couldn’t even call until yesterday, no matter what.
Second, I haven’t booked the hotel yet, so I am treated as a day guest and can only book exactly 90 days out.
You are arriving on the 7th and it looks like you’re staying at least 10 days.
With my length of stay and arrival, I couldn’t have booked for June 15 any earlier than yesterday no matter what.
Now based on what a few others have posted, all dinner reservations were already gone for the days that I could use them.

>>I was on hold for 40 min before I got to the right person.<<
I haven’t called in a while. Do they still grill you with questions. Yikes. I just want a reservation. WHEN will this be available on line like so many other restaurants.
Frank

Soundgod- were you able to make hotel reservations yet? It may help because they are tying dining to the hotel reservations, per the cm that I spoke with. She said that the new system only lets guests with hotel reservations make the 90+10 reservations. She said that in the past that people would call and lie about their hotel reservations and they they had no way to check… At least now those of us that are honest will get the perk. Too bad that you are being honest, and getting penalized for it. Hopefully you will get what you are looking for in your reservations.

Hanwill, I’m holding off on making the reservation for a little while because there seems to be plenty of availability and I’m mostly holding off on using the credit card until the last possible minute.
Actually, I don’t really recall being asked for my reservation or if I just volunteered the information that I hadn’t booked my room yet. However that shouldn’t have been an issue because I was 90 days out from the date that I wanted Le Cellier.
At 90 days or even 88 days, nothing was really an issue with the exception of Le Cellier.
I bet I could even call back today and get the Donald’s breakfast at Tusker House for the 17th (hmm, make that tomorrow) just in case I decide we’ll be doing three days instead of two.
FJS, I asked about the on line reservations and if or when it would be rolled out. It is still planned, but they don’t have a set date.
Back to the 90+10 rule for resort guests. From what I’ve been told, it’s length of stay of as much as 10 days. So if you are only staying for 5 days, you won’t be allowed to book any more than your last day as a guest.
But this still hasn’t cured the problems of availability at Le Cellier because it’s dining room is too small compared to the demand for seating.