On Hold For Over An Hour!

I’ve been on hold with WDW central reservations for over an hour waiting to modify my reservation for June 14.
AP rates became available and I can save $200 for the three nights I’m staying at the Contemporary.
I’m disgusted enough to hang up and call again!

I did get fed up and called back.
Now because it’s after 10 PM, I’m getting a recording that they’re closed!!!

Oh the things we do for our love of Disney. Honestly, who else would anyone stay on hold that long for?

wow, i wonder what all the hubbub is? i called disney directly 2 days ago to book my trip and had no wait time at all. i even called back the next day to confirm something with no wait again :confused:

Wow that stinks! I got the email today too for the passholder rates and called to modify my June trip . . . got right through? Weird . . . hope you get it all sorted out! (pixie dust) :happy:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;957833]I did get fed up and called back.
Now because it’s after 10 PM, I’m getting a recording that they’re closed!!![/QUOTE]

That happened to me last year. I waited on hold forever then called back only to hear they were closed. I think I got lost in some black hole and never would have been picked up.

Better luck tomorrow.

Insult to injury department:
I called the Contemporary switchboard, which we all know is really a central switchboard for all of the WDW resorts and wasted even more time because they insist they have no way of getting through to CRO.
75 minutes on hold for this?!
I’m so angry right now that I wouldn’t want to have to deal with me.
And then they have the balls to say “I’m sorry” and “Have a magical day”!

This isn’t right!

I don’t think I’ve ever been on hold this long.
I should have hung up at 9:58 and called right back instead of holding.
I’m sure I’ll get it sorted out tomorrow, but that isn’t the point.
The point is a 75 minute toll call followed by another 25 minutes of inaction because I was stupid enough to think the resort switchboard would be of any use instead of just giving up and calling in the morning.
The point is I wasted over an hour and a half of my life for no reason.

I’m venting now.

Top this all off, I’ve now got a splitting headache.:angry::crying::nonono2::noo::frown: :wacko:

(Enough emoticons?)

The only thing I can think is that you got into a different center/queue than I was in. Sorry for your long wait!

CJ, if you can manage to get over 100 posts, you’ll be able to add this nifty countdown timer.

Cool. That would be cool to see. I wondered how you guys got that.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;957848]I don’t think I’ve ever been on hold this long.
I should have hung up at 9:58 and called right back instead of holding.
I’m sure I’ll get it sorted out tomorrow, but that isn’t the point.
The point is a 75 minute toll call followed by another 25 minutes of inaction because I was stupid enough to think the resort switchboard would be of any use instead of just giving up and calling in the morning.
The point is I wasted over an hour and a half of my life for no reason.

I’m venting now.[/QUOTE]

Vent away!! Hope you have better luck in the am! :phone:

Good luck this morning Soundgod hope it goes better then last night!

they just released the new passholder rates and it gets busy,but like all big companies …sometimes one hand doesn’t know what the other is doing…many years ago when they released the rates they also on that same day day had traing scheduled and only had sckeleton crew manning the phones for reservations …so you never know …BUT if you don’t get the rate be sure to tell them you were on hold and you waitied so long and they closed and never told you …good luck

Good luck soundgod…hope you have a lot better luck I also agree tell them how long you where on hold maybe you may get a something added to help out or at least a sorry…I am not looking forward to it when i call them and have to spend that time on hold at least one of our phones I can call for free on to them…

[QUOTE=Soundgod;957845]Insult to injury department:
I called the Contemporary switchboard, which we all know is really a central switchboard for all of the WDW resorts and wasted even more time because they insist they have no way of getting through to CRO.
75 minutes on hold for this?!
I’m so angry right now that I wouldn’t want to have to deal with me.
And then they have the balls to say “I’m sorry” and “Have a magical day”!

This isn’t right![/QUOTE]

This is exactly why I book through a ta. They do all the work. I just don’t have the time or patience to hold on the phone that long. Hope you get threw today.

The problem with going through a travel agent is that only the travel agent can then make any modifications and about half the time, I like to add the dining plan a week before check in so that I don’t have to put the entire balance on my credit card months before we even arrive. (Or 45 days before we arrive anyway).
This is similar to the reason why I don’t like to book on-line, and the reason there is once you make an on-line reservation, it pretty much can’t be modified at all and only then by calling and speaking to a human.

Anyway, I just called and was only on hold for about 4 minutes.
The modification was made in only a few minutes and I’ve now saved about $200 for three days at the Contemporary. I also had the option to upgrade to the tower and pay about the same as the original reservation, but I decided that even though it’s my birthday, I’d rather reduce the cost of the trip so I left the reservation for the garden wing, although there is a minor upgrade because “standard” view isn’t available but “garden” view is.
The difference being standard offers views of the parking lot while garden offers views of the pool (and marina).
The final upgrade could still happen at check in when I inform them it’s my birthday and keep my fingers crossed for an upgrade to the tower.

As for my problems last night, I have to write Guest Communications to complain and hope that they grace me with some sort of compensation.

congrats …hope youhave a great time…and I know you will …its disney after all

Well, I could have called on my cell phone and not had any long distance charges, plus I’ve got so many rolled over minutes that that wasn’t an issue.
The issue is all the dead zones inside the house. That and if I’d been on hold that long, I would have killed the battery would have been scrambling to find a non dead zone outlet to plug into before the phone dropped dead.
After 75 minutes, even the cordless would have been dying.