Here’s an update.
- I was on the phone for more than an hour. 68 minutes to be exact.
- The CM did apologize. I understand that the first 30 minutes was on hold and they could have been busy.
- They ended up honoring both reservations and giving me the discount.
- The code came to my email. . fine print says its for my email only.
- I did ask if it happened to come under another name because last year, the room we booked was under my mother’s name. Nope, nothing, couldn’t find any connection as to why it came to me.
What frustrated me most was that it took me arguing with her to have her put me on hold to talk with her supervisor. She should have quickly gotten her supervisor knowing that this wasn’t correct. I realize that some people might try to use other codes that they have found. But this wasn’t the case.
In the end, they honored the code for both rooms I have booked. However, for Disney, this was the fail. They have set the bar so high for customer service, the expectation is that they deliver.