On Hold

I have been on hold to talk with a CM for 28 minutes. . . :angry::angry::angry:

Okay, I feel better.

That’s crazy! I called Dining Reservations several days ago and had no wait at all. But I’m sure just like most other companies they are probably not staffing things like that as well as years ago so you just have to wait longer.

This has not been a good experience!!!

Finally got a CM. . .gave her my code that came via email today. . .AND, guess what. “I am sorry, that is not your code”. After a few minutes of arguing about how it came to my email and says me. I am not back on hold.

Usually things go much more smoothly. deep breaths deep breaths.

update: They will honor the code for one of my rooms that I have booked. Are you kidding me???

50 minutes on phone.

Disney Fail.

[QUOTE=Magic;1120486]update: They will honor the code for one of my rooms that I have booked. Are you kidding me???

50 minutes on phone.

Disney Fail.[/QUOTE]

What was the reason they sent the code? Did they say? Just curious—does the “fine print” say only good for one room?

I have had long waits and short waits on the phone with Disney lately—not sure why—

[QUOTE=Magic;1120486]update: They will honor the code for one of my rooms that I have booked. Are you kidding me???

50 minutes on phone.

Disney Fail.[/QUOTE]

That is a major Disney fail:ohmy: First they didn’t deliver or honour the discount code that they sent you, and second to be kept on hold 50 minutes is just wholly unacceptable- I feel a stiff letter of complaint coming on if I were you- awful service.

Call back and ask for a supervisor. I got a code in my email but was addressed to my boss (I planned his last Disney trip) and they honored the discount for me so it should be honored for you.

I realize it can be frustrating but phone times are simple supply and demand. Say they normally get 10 calls a minute (these numbers are just for example, not necessarily real numbers) all of a sudden 150 people decide to call at once. They can’t have 150 operators sitting around all day just for that one rush. It simply makes no sense. If it were an every call thing of waiting on hold with them every call I would be concerned but since it is the exception rather than the rule, I have no problem with it. Just like the lines anywhere. If it is busy, wait till later.

Here’s an update.

1. I was on the phone for more than an hour. 68 minutes to be exact.
  2. The CM did apologize. I understand that the first 30 minutes was on hold and they could have been busy.
  3. They ended up honoring both reservations and giving me the discount.
  4. The code came to my email. . fine print says its for my email only.
  5. I did ask if it happened to come under another name because last year, the room we booked was under my mother’s name. Nope, nothing, couldn’t find any connection as to why it came to me.

What frustrated me most was that it took me arguing with her to have her put me on hold to talk with her supervisor. She should have quickly gotten her supervisor knowing that this wasn’t correct. I realize that some people might try to use other codes that they have found. But this wasn’t the case.

In the end, they honored the code for both rooms I have booked. However, for Disney, this was the fail. They have set the bar so high for customer service, the expectation is that they deliver.

I agree, it’s like you had to fight them for your vacation - to spend money at their resort!

I hope you at least got good hold music!