On Line Check In and Room Requests

23 DAYS AND COUNTING!

I was hoping to see how On Line Check In had worked for anyone out there. Were your room requests filled or do you think you would have had better luck checking in upon arrival?

Good question. Because if one has not been paying attention, they would not know that I go in 30 daze.

Read on a TR this morn where the line for pre-check was longer than standby and room request was way off. But then i’ve heard just the opposite about some others so I guess it’s all up to chance.
I’ll let you know next month if we got our 1st floor volcano pool-side or not.:happy:

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;994610]Read on a TR this morn where the line for pre-check was longer than standby and room request was way off. But then i’ve heard just the opposite about some others so I guess it’s all up to chance.
I’ll let you know next month if we got our 1st floor volcano pool-side or not.:happy:[/QUOTE]
yeah that was the first complaint,though. All the other reports that I have read, we’re wonderful

Mickybug we are requesting volcano side first floor room as well next month. When are you there?

I did the check in last week online, and I was unable to do a special request. they just asked if I wanted a fridge and a pack and play!

[B]I’m wondering, too, if you check in on line, if that would lessen your chances of getting a random upgrade? Not that I expect one, but it’s nice to keep the possibility open! :wink:

62 DAYS & COUNTING! (Caribbean Beach Resort)

~ Pam[/B]

The online checkin worked for us, but we did not get into the 50’s section at all, much less the Lady Building. I chalk it up to the fact that we checked in on a Tuesday, not a big day for checkouts, so we were stuck with whatever. We did get adjoining rooms with our friends, but not at first, my friend had to fix that when she arrived. It was nice to have the package all ready - but honestly, there was NO line for checkin when we arrived around 8am. (POP)

Thanks for the up date. I get to check-in on line in 5 days.

Five - cinco - 4+1 oh boy ohboyohboy

We’ll be checking in later today. :mickey:

I’ll post a note next week to let everyone know how it went. :slight_smile:

Have a great trip Matt

we used it last month (gawd that seems so long ago) and when i checked in, it said we had the pirate package water view. when we got there i ran into my parents who met us there and my mom switched our rooms because they had us on the second floor (really hard to do with a double stroller and no elevator). well we ended up NOT having the pirate rooms. but she specifically asked before she switched the rooms if we were in the pirate section and the cm said no. but she was new. so i guess we’ll never know. AAA had messed up my parents reservations. apparently they don’t know how to handle florida resident passes up in buffalo lol! so i think they were trying to make up for it by giving us the pirates rooms. but the line was quick and it took us maybe 5 minutes to get sent on our way.

We did the online check-in and it was wonderful! I actually called the morning before I did the online check-in to make my room request. We were at Saratoga and I requested The Grandstand or the Springs. There was no line for the online check-in when we arrived at Saratoga. We walked up, got our package, the CM showed how to get to our room and that was it. We did get the Grandstand section!!! :wub:

We did the on-line check-in in August, I don’t think it was any faster than regular check-in. When we checked in they had us in the 80’s building, I mentioned that I had a request for the Lady Building, they checked for availability and gladly switched us (we checked in on a Tuesday).

Since I am reading a mixed bag of nuts on this process, I will wait to see how it progresses as Disney gets more used to using it. It seems that new systems take time to perfect, so what is now, won’t be this time next year. Magical express is a prime example…lol I still think it’s wise to have any requests for rooms noted on your reservation by calling CRO and then asking again at check in for those requests. Regardless of how you check in, this should at least bring your requests to the attention of the room assigner at the resort. Thankfully, my requests are simple (I also noticed that the more simple they are, the better chance you have of getting them) and I only want a first room floor in two different buildings. Truth be told, I’ll take a first room floor in any location and will mention that at check in if I don’t get the two buildings I requested. I guess flexibility helps.:laugh:

[QUOTE=MerlinMatt;997562]We’ll be checking in later today. :mickey:

I’ll post a note next week to let everyone know how it went. :)[/QUOTE]

Always have to one up me, don’t you magic-boy?

Hey - have a great time, dude.