On the verge to book

So last night i called Disney and got some quotes…

we unfort. have to do another value resort, so i chose the POP again only because they have their own buses and i don’t want to go to 3 all star hotels just to get back to the hotel, know what i mean…

so for 2 connecting rooms and with the free quick service with the upgrade to plus dining and i did 5 MYW BASE TICKETS but I added the water park passes this time…its $2995.00 for a family of 6 for 5 nights…

i figured since we can’t get a nice hotel with a cool pool, the lady at Disney suggested…[B] why stay in a hotel just for the pool have you ever done the water parks? [/B] I said NEVER did the water parks…

so she suggested to me i should do the water parks instead…then when i thought about it i figured she was right…we barely park hop anyway, we just get the hoppers as a just in case thing…but now we can go to the water parks every day if we wanted to…and i know the kids would love it they love the slides and stuff like that and we never did it, so its like we’re trying something new…as opposed to staying somewhere new just for the heck of it…

Thoughts?
I also told DH if they come out with the kids stay and play for free promo again, we’ll see if its worth the upgrade…

Now the other question, do i pay the extra 170.00 for preferred room location or do I ask as a request to be as close to the food court as possible??

as of now i put that request in but should I upgrade to preferred? WWYD?

I think you and your family will enjoy the water parks! The lazy river is my favorite part, and my DS6 and DH love the water slides!

I’m sure someone will answer your question about the preffered room location - I’m clueless on that part!

Can’t wait to hear more plans!

[QUOTE=Goodegirl2007;1045337]I think you and your family will enjoy the water parks! The lazy river is my favorite part, and my DS6 and DH love the water slides!

I’m sure someone will answer your question about the preffered room location - I’m clueless on that part!

Can’t wait to hear more plans![/QUOTE]

:wink: Thank you! :mickey:

[QUOTE=Goodegirl2007;1045337]I think you and your family will enjoy the water parks! The lazy river is my favorite part, and my DS6 and DH love the water slides!
QUOTE]

we love the lazy river, last time we visited the world we went to blizzard beach and just spent around two hrs going round the river then left - not big on swimming and to old for some of the other stuff…

hope your plans work out pixeemom :mickey:

[QUOTE=jimbo;1045402][QUOTE=Goodegirl2007;1045337]I think you and your family will enjoy the water parks! The lazy river is my favorite part, and my DS6 and DH love the water slides!
QUOTE]

we love the lazy river, last time we visited the world we went to blizzard beach and just spent around two hrs going round the river then left - not big on swimming and to old for some of the other stuff…

hope your plans work out pixeemom :mickey:[/QUOTE]

Thank you Jimbo!!!:mickey:

We love Typhoon Lagoon! I could float down that lazy river for hours and the wave pool is terrific (if a little scary). Can’t say we’ve ever done Blizzard Beach - the idea of even fake snow isn’t appealing to us.

go to allears and look at the map of the resort you are planning on staying at see if the building is a preferredor standard on and go from there we stayed last year first floor pool side at ASmovies and it was well worth the extra money for be close to the main hall and the pool right outside the room the noise was not bad either it was halloween week also. good luck.

We’ve stayed at POP many times and have never paid for preferred. Ask for the 50’s or The Lady Building = they are the closest; although the 80’s section is quick too.

The water parks WAY make up for staying at POP with boring pools - and POP is SO much fun and bright and DISNEY! Dedicate at least opening until 4 - get there early and get a good spot - there are lots of great spots. We usually go to each park for a day - then go to Downtown Disney or a late EMH.

Sounds great!

[QUOTE=cowanfamily;1045885]We’ve stayed at POP many times and have never paid for preferred. Ask for the 50’s or The Lady Building = they are the closest; although the 80’s section is quick too.

The water parks WAY make up for staying at POP with boring pools - and POP is SO much fun and bright and DISNEY! Dedicate at least opening until 4 - get there early and get a good spot - there are lots of great spots. We usually go to each park for a day - then go to Downtown Disney or a late EMH.

Sounds great![/QUOTE]

awesome thanks so much!

I adore the water parks! They’re a great atmosphere even if you don’t intend to be hitting the slides every five seconds. Lots of nice lounging areas, of course the lazy river, etc. The wave pool at Blizzard Beach is actually really relaxing because it’s more of a “bobbing” pool. :laugh: The wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon is a blast, but rather intense. I actually have a scar on my back from that wave pool when I was fifteen…just don’t sit down in the shallow part, it’s not as innocent as it looks! :eek:

As for room location, it depends how important that issue is to your family. If you really CAN’T walk the extra distance, or it’s going to make your trip miserable if you have to hoof it with little ones, I’d pay the extra $170. If it’s more a matter of comfort but it won’t ruin your trip to walk a little bit more, just leave your request as is. There are actually a lot of rooms really close to the food court that aren’t in the “preferred” building, so you could conceivably save yourself some extra souvenir money. :happy:

[QUOTE=dznygrl;1045893]I adore the water parks! They’re a great atmosphere even if you don’t intend to be hitting the slides every five seconds. Lots of nice lounging areas, of course the lazy river, etc. The wave pool at Blizzard Beach is actually really relaxing because it’s more of a “bobbing” pool. :laugh: The wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon is a blast, but rather intense. I actually have a scar on my back from that wave pool when I was fifteen…just don’t sit down in the shallow part, it’s not as innocent as it looks! :eek:

As for room location, it depends how important that issue is to your family. If you really CAN’T walk the extra distance, or it’s going to make your trip miserable if you have to hoof it with little ones, I’d pay the extra $170. If it’s more a matter of comfort but it won’t ruin your trip to walk a little bit more, just leave your request as is. There are actually a lot of rooms really close to the food court that aren’t in the “preferred” building, so you could conceivably save yourself some extra souvenir money. :happy:[/QUOTE]

thank you very much for your input as well, i am getting alot of ideas, thanks

nah…dont pay the extra my lovely. Just put your request in and when you check in shmooooze away!!! Thats what I do lol!! Ive never paid extra and always just ask when I get there. So far, never been unhappy! xx Get it booked!

Thank you!!
i booked it :mickey::mickey::mickey:!!!
i asked the CM if she would please put in the request box, as close to the food court as you can 4 small kids…
she put it down, i seen it on the ressie when she emailed it to me, its not guaranteed but at least its on there…thank you!!

brilliant!! Yay you x Life is just that bit better now huh? :mickey:

yep, now to try and have it all paid off before we leave, this is the first year i am going to try my hardest…i did the math and if i can swing it, it should be 65.00 a week from now till July…wish me luck, i really would love to go knowing its PIF!!!
if i miss a week here and there i will be ok with it, it would beat coming home to a 4K $ cc bill

too true Pixeemom, You will certainly enjoy it more knowing it is PIF. There is nothing worse than going away knowing you still have to pay for it when you return, Ive done that before now as there was no other way (other than not going of course!) but I felt like I could not really enjoy my time nor buy any trinkets etc. Ill keep everything crossed for you that you manage to do it and if it helps Ill be your MB accountant! You must not ‘dip’ into your savings unless you have prior authorisation from me! lol :happy:

You got a deal!!!:angel:
Thank you!!!
and you’re right, knowing its not totally PIF or even partically paid, makes it less likely i would spend money on souvenirs.
My kids now started doing chores, so each of them have their own “disney” piggy bank, they are using the popcorn buckets we got on our 2008 trip…half the money they get for allowance goes in the disney fund and the other half goes in their everyday piggy bank, the money they make from now till next august they will get to use FOR THEMSELVES!!! for anything they want :flowers:

[QUOTE=pixeemom;1046048]You got a deal!!!:angel:
Thank you!!!
and you’re right, knowing its not totally PIF or even partically paid, makes it less likely i would spend money on souvenirs.
My kids now started doing chores, so each of them have their own “disney” piggy bank, they are using the popcorn buckets we got on our 2008 trip…half the money they get for allowance goes in the disney fund and the other half goes in their everyday piggy bank, the money they make from now till next august they will get to use FOR THEMSELVES!!! for anything they want :flowers:[/QUOTE]

What a great idea for your kids. That is really good and at least they can appreciate this way how difficult it can be to save up sometimes and therefore know how hard you work to pay for the vacations and all the other bits that go with it when you are on the trip itself. You will do it. I know you will :happy:

:flowers:thank you