One Day at Disneyland

I gave this advice to someone who had always gone to WDW, and was finally going to DL, but was only able to go to DL park, and for only one day!

So if you are ever in the same situation here are some tips.

[U]Disneyland Food:[/U]
Frozen Lemonade (sold over by Matterhorn you can get a frozen lemonade with either cherry or raspberry - I like raspberry)
The Golden Horseshoe (lots of fun for a quick but entertaining lunch)

[U]Rides:[/U]
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (I like it better in DL)
Davy Crockett’s Explorer Canoes (Unfortunately, these were closed when I was there, but they sure look like a lot of fun)
Disneyland Railroad (It’s the railroad, you just have to do it)
Enchanted Tiki Room (better in DL, it’s the original Tiki Room)
Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage (I actually got pretty nauseous on this ride which surprised me, because I’ve never had problems with rides… anyway besides getting sick it was cute)
Indiana Jones Adventure (MUST! MUST! MUST! I don’t know why they haven’t made one in WDW.
Jungle Cruise (A little different than WDW)
Matterhorn Bobsleds (Way different than Everest in AK, they probably shouldn’t even be compared… Anyway, it’s loads of fun)
Pirates of the Caribbean (A bit different than in WDW, I believe. Although, I haven’t ridden it since the most recent update)
Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin (Not for the queasy)
Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough (Really quick. Really neat)
Snow White’s Scary Adventures (It’s classic. Way scarier than the one that is no longer in WDW)
Space Mountain (Has double seats in DL)
Splash Mountain (Has single seats in DL)
Star Tours (Fun! Also not recommended for the queasy)
Storybook Land Canal Boats (Adorable. Just, adorable)

I’d love to hear everyone else’s must do’s!

Thanks for the list. We plan to do DL for the first time next year. I am very excited.

Of course, you will have so much fun!!

Thanks for the review of the rides. My hubby and I are contemplating a 1st trip to DL in 2014. I’ve made note of your suggestions. Thanks!

Sounds like fun, glad to help!

just came back from DLR and it was as much fun as always …hope you much fun on your one day