One "goofy" Pooh Fan

Geez, I have forgotten to tell you this! About three weeks ago I was at Wal-Mart looking for a nice thermos for Helena to use for coffee at her job. So, here I was looking at one and saying to myself that is a nice one, so I put that one down and took one of the same but in the box and ready to go, I paid for it and went home. DW didn’t use it for a couple of weeks and when she opened it up to clean it there were three Winnie the Pooh pot holders stuffed in there! .99 cents a piece! So, I guess I foiled a small crime! I go to our local Wal-mart quite often and I told one of the young kid managers of this and he just waved off bringing them back. Crazy world huh?

In LA, we call that lagniappe.

You call it what? I know your on the left coast and all but what is that word? :happy:

Sorry, LA as in the bayou state!

I found this definition on Webster’s but it’s not entirely correct:

“a small gift given a customer by a merchant at the time of a purchase; broadly : something given or obtained gratuitously or by way of good measure”

In south LA (Louisiana not that earthquake city), lagniappe means “a little extra”, kind of like a baker’s dozen.

Well you got a little unexpected magic didn’t you? Hey, at least you tried to do the right thing and informed the manager…very honest of you. Most people wouldn’t bother.

If that would have happened to me, the cashier would have found them and I would be hauled away for trying to shoplift! I think that fate is trying to tell you that you need to go see Winnie the Pooh in person-soon!

Who steals POT HOLDERS??

Pot holder stealers.

Thats what DW said to me, with your luck they would open it up and you would have been arrested!! Can’t you just see my avatar on the wall of the police station with the caption: Local man in a lot of pooh, stealing Winnie the Pooh!! :eek: