One night stay at Pop

Well, after finally starting to discuss our trip at the end of March, dh has determined seeing both ds’ can drive, we will be driving straight through to Florida, rather than stopping in Georgia someplace. So…I just called Disney to find out what’s available, seeing we will be arriving around 10:30pm at night the night before our reservations. I had the choice of either AS Music or Pop. I picked Pop. Not so sure why I’m so excited, but I guess, it’s just that I get to Disney one day earlier, and I LOVE exploring. Can’t wait!

How nice is that!?!?! I’d be excited about an extra day at the Happiest Place on Earth too. I’m feeling the excitement and it’s not even my trip! Way to go!!

That is great!

Wow, going from a value resort to BLT!?! What a contrast!

If I can drive back non-stop from Disney to Illinois without changing drivers, you should have no problem going straight through with the “change of guards” during the trip. Beware of heavy traffic in the Atlanta area (in other words, time your travel timing so it doesn’t take you through Atlanta during rush hour):laugh:
Have fun with the extra time down there… oh, and by the way, DW and I are seriously thinking of going down there in May instead of September… I’ll keep you posted.

:pirate:

Atlanta rush hour is from about 3:00-3:00 until 7:00… just to be safe… And you should stay on 75 south, and not take the bypass (it is 30 miles out of the way).

You will hit 285 on the north side of town, and then hit 285 again on the south part of town. There will be traffic beyond this however… they are going to the suburbs… Once you see the Eagle’s Landing exit, you will almost be out of town. Have safe travels through our crazy driving town in the south…

One thought to keep in mind, with your timing, I think the food court closes at 11, so if you plan was “we’ll check in and get something to eat”, you might be cutting it close. If you’re running late you might want to pick up something outside of disney. Unless I’m wrong and the food court closes at midnight, then you’re all good.

But I like the idea of getting a good nights sleep, and be ready to attack the parks the next day.

Being at Disney SOONER is always a good thing! You’ll wake up in the Magic and have another whole day!! Drive carefully! And have fun!!!

That’s a very good tip. We kind of figured that out a long time ago when we missed the bypass exit, and after getting through Atlanta, both of us looked at each other and said “hey, that was much shorter.”

I read the boys your thread and their comment…“oh, no, there’s another one in the family!!!” Welcome to the craziness my Brother!

You’ll be well rested to enjoy the world :happy:

[QUOTE=hanwill;1021768]Atlanta rush hour is from about 3:00-3:00 until 7:00… just to be safe… And you should stay on 75 south, and not take the bypass (it is 30 miles out of the way).

You will hit 285 on the north side of town, and then hit 285 again on the south part of town. There will be traffic beyond this however… they are going to the suburbs… Once you see the Eagle’s Landing exit, you will almost be out of town. Have safe travels through our crazy driving town in the south…[/QUOTE]

Completely agree with Hanwill. 75 SUCKS South of Atlanta but once you get past Eagle’s Landing you will be in good shape. Do not, do not, do not, do not, can I say it again, do NOT get on 285.

Good luck!