One room at deluxe or two rooms at caribean

we are traveling in March to Disney. I have two rooms booked at the Caribean for the five of us (DS15, DS12, DD8 and DH and me!).

Last time we all traveled together, we stayed at POP and had two rooms. It was great! Well, I would rather not stay at a value resort, but)

My question. . would you stay with the reservations (Caribean is our fav moderate) or book one room at a deluxe (my choice would either be Poly or Beach Club)? And, why?

Well, this all depends on what’s important to you. If you book 2 rooms, you get 2 bathrooms (a HUGE plus for my family!) and more space to get away from each other or let the kids go to bed while you chill in the next room. And you said CBR is your fav mod so you know you would be happy there.

If you book a deluxe, you get the perks of staying deluxe. I just love staying deluxe because the resorts are amazing. It makes me feel special. :blush: If you stay at Beach Club, you would be close to Epcot and Poly is close to MK, so both of those would be huge pluses in my book. Walking distance to Epcot or monorail to MK. CBR has buses only.

I don’t know cost without looking into it, but one of the options will cost less than the other and saving money is always a good thing! :happy:

Hey Magic,

This is a loaded ??? We are a fmily of 5 also. I understand your pain when trying to book. Lots to consider

We looked into the PO resorts and saw none of the kids would last on the trundle without a fight so we booked deluxe in the beginning. The rooms at CR and Poly are the biggest so CR it was. I got to relive my kids days rowing up. BUt it just got too crowded once we had 2 teenagers fighting over the bathrooom in the am.

Then we realized just how nice it wwould be to have the second bath as at home and that meant booking 2 rooms at a val or mod or DVC. After looking at the price and advantages of DVC we then graduated to a 2BR unit. The washer/dryer alone is worth it. If you do not want to take the DVC plunge I would look into renting points. I have always seen that it is cheaper to rent points than stay at a deluxe. We have a many MB’ers who rent so you could start your research right here. ALSO… The kids have an escape room if they don’t want to hang with parents, or just need some time alone. The 2nd BR alone is a BIG parent sanity assistant we found out.:laugh:

There is always the off site option to consider. Off site 2BR condos can be grabbed most times for less than the price of a single moderate, and sometimes a value per night. We have done this at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek resort right next to CBR and Wyndham Cypress Key. It is not WDW theming and the busses are not anything close to WDW trans every 10-20 minutes, but you can get a 1200 s/f 2BR unit and the family can spread out. One thing to remember is parking. At $14.00 per day it can add up. If you have one AP this can cut that cost along with other discounts in the parks. I would not have stayed off site w/o an AP for parking and we are big on the TiW card. So it did make sense to have one AP.

Again, I feel your pain booking for 5. My ranking would be:

1. If they were young I would go with 1 deluxe room. I see there ages and they need an escape room. So # 1 is absolutely out. It can be done but…
  2. Rent DVC points for a 2 BR unit. You will not be disappointed.
  3. Do 2 WDW rooms if onsite is a priority.
  4. Offsite 2BR unit.

If you have any ??? about the offsite resorts drop me a PM. We have done Bonnet Creek a couple of times and actually enjoy the resort.

I have stayed at the beach club a few times with just three people (my dd8 and my mom) and it was great to walk to epcot and I too enjoy feeling pampered at the deluxe :blush:

but, two rooms with the five of us on the last vacation was wonderful. two baths!!!

And, I know you mentioned that it was nice for the kids to be able to go to bed and the adults stay up, but we found it to be the other way around. . we were ready for bed and the kids were still ready to go!:laugh:

DEFINETLY look into renting points for DVC 2 bedroom. You will have PLENTY of room and as mentioned a washer/dryer and kitchen. We rented from dvcrequest.com. It is a little more expensive than finding a member on the boards to rent from. We also rented from a member here and that was AWESOME too.

Couple of questions:

1. don’t you miss the maid service?
  2. are you considered a guest of walt disney and get to use the extra magic hours if you rent points?

thanks!

We are renting DVC for the first time in July. I checked out the rentor and he is awesome. He has points at SSR but has us on a wait list for BCV or BWV. We have 6 of us going, was 7. We are renting a 2br villa which offers 1 rm w/ a king, 1 rm w/ 2 queens and the LR has a queen pullout, 2 baths, W/D and full kitchen. I might request maid service more often, not sure yet, as I read they only come in every so many days. I forget how often.

Now we went 2 years ago with 4 and had reserved 2 rooms at CBR (our fav mod too). I priced out AK, WL, BW and POLY as the boys were both 6’ and just under 6’ and there was no way they would be comfortable sharing a double bed, nor did I want to deal with a double bed again. We decided to book a room at the POLY for a $100 or so more for the entire trip. You get 2 queen beds and a nice size day bed. My 13yo slept on that no problem and he was almost 6’ at the time. The room was very spacious, although for 4 people having 10 days worth of clothes didn’t leave us much room to unpack them all. We managed though and I always bring extra hangers. As for transportation at the POLY, we always rent a car (that time we drove) and we only used the vehicle to go to the waterpark and AK. The monorail to MK was awesome, along with the boats. A short walk to the TTC you get the monorail to EPCOT or pick up the buses quicker to AK and DHS. We absolutely loved staying there. You also get to see the Water Pagent Parade from the hill or beach, along with watching the MK fireworks from the shore. The GF has movies on the beach you could walk to. The POLY also has a nice counterservice area where you can order breakfast, lunch or dinner and there are grab and go fridges too.

Good luck deciding. That is always the fun of planning your trip.

[QUOTE=Magic;1060461]Couple of questions:

2. are you considered a guest of walt disney and get to use the extra magic hours if you rent points?

thanks![/QUOTE]

1. We personally don’t miss the everyday maid service. You do get the following (taken from dvcrequest.com)

Trash and Towel service is included in all stays of more than four days. If your stay is for less than eight nights, you will receive Trash & Towel service on day four. If your stay is for eight nights or longer, you will receive a full cleaning service on day four, and Trash & Towel service on day eight. After that, the cycle begins again on day twelve. Day one is check-in day.

1. YES you are a WDW guest just like everyone else, you can even get the dining plan too. The only difference with the DDP is you pay at check in but the member can put it on your ressie. Same keys to the world, etc.

The only other major difference is you will have to pay the entire rental $ up front. That is why renting from a member can be a little scary. But if you do home work and get refereneces etc it is great. dvcrequest.com takes the risk out of it for you. Like I said we’ve done both ways and will do it again next year because we get deluxe accomodations for less than a moderate.

By the way dvcrequest.com has a great FAQ section. I was nervous about renting both times but it was so simple and great that I will definetly do this from now on, until I can become owner.

I agree that renting points could be your best bet. We stay in villas a lot and nothing beats going back to your room and having a full kitchen and washer/dryer.

[QUOTE=Magic;1060461]Couple of questions:

thanks![/QUOTE]

Answers to above:

1. Typical exchange the first or second day. THey get the picture quickly and it never goes beyond this-
    "Hey, you 3, your mother is on vacation too!!! Pick up your &#%@*$). :laugh: If I see her having to do that again we will take a walk out in the parking lot and discuss it further. And one of you make sure the dishes are loaded in the DW and turned on when we leave for the park. What’s that? Ya’ got a problem? :ohmy: Didn’t think so! :pirate: OH YEAH… get your clothes out of the dryer and put them in your room. I’m about to put our clothes in there. Ya gotta love teens.

2. Entitled to everything.

One good thing about the W/D in the unit is we always go home whith a max of 2 days laundry.

thank you all. . . I haven’t stayed at the Poly since 1990. . .didn’t remember the counter service. Not sure I want to share a room with all three kids :blush:

I will check into the points rental. . .we stayed at Kidani once, got bumped from jamba house at AK to Kidani. It was nice to have the washer/dryer!

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1060503]Answers to above:

1. Typical exchange the first or second day. THey get the picture quickly and it never goes beyond this-
    "Hey, you 3, your mother is on vacation too!!! Pick up your &#%@*$). :laugh: If I see her having to do that again we will take a walk out in the parking lot and discuss it further. And one of you make sure the dishes are loaded in the DW and turned on when we leave for the park. What’s that? Ya’ got a problem? :ohmy: Didn’t think so! :pirate: OH YEAH… get your clothes out of the dryer and put them in your room. I’m about to put our clothes in there. Ya gotta love teens.

2. Entitled to everything.

One good thing about the W/D in the unit is we always go home whith a max of 2 days laundry.[/QUOTE]

PamandRich -:heart:it! will have to use it!

Like others have said, start right here and see who has some available. We don’t, but I am sure someone has or knows who does. When we are out I also check on Disboards. I have not used dvcrequest.com but it looks like Willbegone gives them ‘2 thumbs up’. Lots of options. Happy planning.

or try this site for DVC rentals

MouseOwners.com - The Web’s Most Friendly and Reliable Source for Information on the Disney Vacation Club (DVC)

Someone had given me the site from here and I found a great renter!!!

DVCrequest.com is a little higher than renting direct from an owner. He charges $13. a point and we were able to rent $11. a point. It adds up when renting by the point.

Thank you!