Online ADR Launch

Found this on another site: Disney Discounts - MouseMisers
Wonder how long it will take for the system to crash. So far it doesn’t sound like they have laid out the parameters for this. Guess this means another round of layoffs at Disney - now they can get rid of all the reservation takers. I would rather talk to a person any day.

As much as it sucks that people will lose jobs i think this is a good way for Disney to go.

I am certain people will have the option to do it both ways…let’s see what happens before we get negative about it.

I agree but in the end I do prefer to talk to a person I hate automated systems like that…they are a great research tool but I prefer the human factor to book with.

Gotta agree, I prefer to talk to a live person! I hate that we are losing such a personal touch. I get why they are doing it, but what about situations like this:

When we went last December there was supposed to be 9 of us and when we tried to get a resi at Yak and Yeti there was all of these crazy issues, the CM that helped was able to work it our so that we ended up getting two tables, one for 3 and one for 5. I can only imagine that it would have been a “no availability” with a computer!

I’m excited about this. It will be so much easier to book restaurants and easily see what is available without having to ask a CM to check everything…please check this restaurant, full? please check this restaurant, full? please check this time, not available? please try this day, no? etc. This will also save us immensly on phone bills and my precious time waiting on hold!! Can’t wait!!

Oh I hope they don’t do away with reservation takers, FIL is in reservations and there would go my sweet cast member perks ;). But after today’s 10 min phone call with someone to have them tell me it was too early to book, it might save some people some time.

I agree that is why you need CM for the personal touch…something that a computer can never do IMO. I can’t see it completely replacing people just as you can book online for your stay now or call in which is what I do when it becomes time to do it.

My question is this: While you’re getting your “cart” full of ADR’s, are the times you’ve chosen being held or are they not actually yours for sure until you’ve “checked out”? So, for instance, one guest finds the restaurant, day, and time they want and add it to their cart. Another person wants this same time…are both guests able to add it to their cart and whichever checks out first gets it?? Am I making any sense? Haha!

I love and look forward to calling to talk to CM’s but it would be nice to be able to do it online when things are happening at home that make it difficult to be on the phone (like a needy 7mo old…) or if you want to make yet another change to an ADR or want to play with availability.

This will stop people from double booking reservations. There are people who will book a reservation at multiple park resturants for the same time. This way they can decide last minute where they want to eat or which park they want to be in. This new system will not allow double bookings. This system will also not allow you to book ie Poly character breakfast for 10am and book lunch at EPCOT at 11am it knows there is not enough time for someone to make it to their 11am reservation. Hopefully some resturants will be easier to get into…

Hmmm… It would be nice to not have to wait forever to get a CM. Hopefully they’ll have an automatic update thing so you can tell what’s open for what times on what days. That’ll make it a lot easier to plan the week out (I hate asking the CM to check every day of the week for a certain ADR).

I do enjoy the personal touch of the live CM, though. I feel like they do everything they can to accommodate me. And I often call in while I’m on my way to WDW or already there.

Certaintly they’ll make the phone system available. Not everyone has high-speed internet access.

[QUOTE=TaraRae82;959446]My question is this: While you’re getting your “cart” full of ADR’s, are the times you’ve chosen being held or are they not actually yours for sure until you’ve “checked out”? So, for instance, one guest finds the restaurant, day, and time they want and add it to their cart. Another person wants this same time…are both guests able to add it to their cart and whichever checks out first gets it?? Am I making any sense? Haha!
[/QUOTE]

You are making perfect sense because I was thinking the exact same thing!:laugh: Can you imagine if you had your cart all loaded with what you wanted and then checked out only to receive a “No Longer Available” message? :eek: I was thinking I would probably check out after each one just to be safe!:blush:

My thoughts exactly! I’d be so anxious to make sure I get MY reservation that I’d be sure to check out immediately.

Brit - how do you know this?

I think may be interesting but I still like speaking with a CM to make sure the job is done. Ill still check it out if it becomes avail to the public.

I’m wondering if they’ll do something like Ticketmaster does…where they give you your seats, price etc. and say you can hold this for X amount of minutes.

It will be interesting to try none the less.

Hello everyone,
I like the system. I am a travel agent and we started using it tuesday. I believe everyone will like it. I still is alittle slow, but that is expected with new systems.

[QUOTE=cinderbella;959678]I’m wondering if they’ll do something like Ticketmaster does…where they give you your seats, price etc. and say you can hold this for X amount of minutes.

It will be interesting to try none the less.[/QUOTE]

Oh geez… I hate Ticketmaster! I’d much rather know what’s available than get the computer draw. I prefer to buy my tickets at the box office.

I don’t like to see people lose their jobs, and more than likely that will happen down the road. But on the other hand, I like the option and the convenience of online reservations.