Online Check in and Room Requests

I posted this question on another thread somewhere but I can’t find it now:huh:

I checked in online today…first time using this service…and I was surprised that there wasn’t any option to make room requests…I know nothing is guaranteed, but I thought I would try…

The popup on the room request only gives you options of ground floor, near transportation and a pack n play…isn’t there someplace you can request a certain building? Or should I just call in. I’ve been reading past threads and someone said to wait to make a special room request until 2-3 days ahead.

Any tips? We have been lucky with good room locations…and POFQ is so small any building would be okay…but we are getting in late at night for the first time. I thought it might help to get a closer in room if I request it.

Call and have your request added to your reservation. I don’t see the need to wait, it just needs to be on there. The online pop up box is for all resorts so it has to be very general.

Thank you…I’ll call them…I should have had them add the request the last time I talked to them but I thought there was a way to do it thru the online checkin…I thought I heard somewhere there was a blank writein spot for special requests on the checkin form but I guess my brain was wrong once again…

Chiming in to agree with Disney Teacher. Call and have it noted and then “remind” them when you pick up your “stuff” from the online check in line. Disney really does a great job with requests as long as they are bumping you up a category of view or asking for a specific room. I keep my requests simple like ground floor or building 3…some people take that to the next level…lol

If you can be flexible about when you ditch your stuff in the room, you might even have more leeway about getting the requested building. Like, if you can leave your stuff with bell services for a few hours until a room in the requested building is cleaned and ready, it gives them a little flexibility and you might have better luck getting it!

I had been told to FAX my request in back in 2010! There are even forms you can use as a guideline ’

The resorts no longer take faxed requests.

Nothing beats a friendly request at the desk at check-in. We’ve had a lot of magic happen that way!

I think that’s part of the reason we never do the online check-in. It’s not that I’m hoping for a free upgrade but I like talking to the CMs and sometimes they offer us a choice of room location.

We are arriving at around 9:30 at night, so I’m sure the room will be ready…I’m just concerned about getting the leftovers if I don’t request…since everything else may be gone…guess we could always ask for a better location the next day…

…yes…I’m kind of regretting going through with the online checking…I thought that it would give me an opportunity to request a building online…wonder if I can uncheck online…:laugh:

:laugh: you’ll be fine. If you don’t like your location just ask the CM to check on maybe moving rooms before you even walk away.

Yes…it shouldn’t be busy at 9:30 at night…

I can’t say I would put too much faith in calling and requesting a room. We’ve stayed at Pop 3 times. All 3 times I’ve called ahead, asked to be on the top floor, any building was fine just the top floor. All 3 times we got to check in they had us in a lower floor. All 3 times I said I had requested 4th floor and they did finally find a 4th floor room but the last time it took at least 20 minutes as they were having a problem with the computer. It’s kind of annoying, if you request a certain type room and they have it available why not just give it to you especially if it’s not a more expensive room.

Calling the resort and asking for a request is completely pointless. If you have it noted on your reservation, you have a better chance of having your request granted. Same thing for faxes. Disney resorts do not and will not honor call and faxes at resort level.

I agree with you as well. If you are asking for something as basic as a top floor with no specific building in mind, that request should be granted with ease. It’s seriously frustrating for sure. I always request bottom floor and only get it half the time…lol

When you call the “resort phone number” you get a call center not the resort. Same with calling the front desk from your Disney resort room. The call center can usually answer your questions, if they can’t only then will you really talk to someone at the actual resort.

Yes—I miss the days of actually calling the front desk of your resort directly—we used to be able to ask specific questions and they were happy to answer them…

“The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2012” lists what they call direct numbers to resorts on and off property. So does the “official Guide”…they list non toll free numbers to each resort, and each resort has a different number from the other so—I wonder if this is indeed direct?

Has anyone called these direct numbers? Should I be the Guinea Pig? :slight_smile: I’m thinking now, like Dana said, that calling the resort won’t matter. I think I will call reservations and ask them to place the request for the building in my file. If its not its not…POFQ does not have a bad room really. Sometimes the buses can wake you up early in the morning if you are in a room on the front side but other than that…I not going to worry about it. :slight_smile:

I only know what I’ve read but even the different numbers all go to a call center. The person who answers wont tell you that but I’ve heard they all go to the call center to get filtered, very few go to the actual resort and that’s only after you go through the call center. If we have a question or problem at our resort we just stop by the lobby and ask.

My DH didn’t believe me a couple of weeks ago so he called “the front desk” from our room to ask what the hours were for Stormalong Bay and the CM gave him the wrong information. We found out the correct answer at guest services.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1119562]I only know what I’ve read but even the different numbers all go to a call center. The person who answers wont tell you that but I’ve heard they all go to the call center to get filtered, very few go to the actual resort and that’s only after you go through the call center. If we have a question or problem at our resort we just stop by the lobby and ask.

My DH didn’t believe me a couple of weeks ago so he called “the front desk” from our room to ask what the hours were for Stormalong Bay and the CM gave him the wrong information. We found out the correct answer at guest services.[/QUOTE]

Thats ridiculous----I can understand funneling all outside calls through trained CMs to save money, however when you are in a room at a resort, you should be able to talk directly to the front desk…what happens in an emergency—it’s like making an extra telephone call…

I also understand what you are saying about the numbers being incorrect. I won’t even try…thanks…

On our last trip at the VWL my call to the front desk was routed to the call center on WDW property. I had to ask them to switch me back to the concierge desk to have a simple question answered that the call center could not (on site bike rental hours). It’s a stupid system.