Online Check in

I am 2 days away from the online check in…i always do it but im thinking of skipping it this time for ge chance of maybe getting an upgrade if they are available and I am so lucky. What are the chances? Staying in a woods view room at Wilderness lodge

I don’t know if waiting to check in will help you but I do know that doing online check in did not help us get a good room at PO in Aug…we had the farthest room we have had there…the desk told me that online didn’t make any difference with room assignment…but that’s POFQ…

I did on line check in for my visit a couple of weeks ago and followed this up with a phone call a couple of days before we arrived.
we got a room upgrade when we arrived at on line check in they told us we had been upgraded :wub:

[QUOTE=jimbo;1123267]I did on line check in for my visit a couple of weeks ago and followed this up with a phone call a couple of days before we arrived.
we got a room upgrade when we arrived at on line check in they told us we had been upgraded :wub:[/QUOTE]

Jimbo…what did you do to get upgraded? And what was it if you dont mind?

Based off current availability at WL, I would think your chances are not very good. There are barely ANY rooms on property available at this point. I would check in advance and have requests put on your room reservations.

We stayed at WL last October and we did online check in. When we arrived we were told we were upgraded to a bunk bed room, which was the ideal upgrade with the two girls.

You are relentless.

im sorry? How so?

Disneyfan—In doing research on here, online, talking to friends, and my experience—it’s all a matter of luck! If you are in the right place at the right time in front of the right people, or the right people are handling your reservation, it could happen. If the resort is booked up in advance, not much chance of any upgrade.

I have had it happen without asking but only once…and the resort was “dead” at the time we were there…

Good luck. I hope it happens for you! :smile:

[QUOTE=smallworld;1123345]Disneyfan—In doing research on here, online, talking to friends, and my experience—it’s all a matter of luck! If you are in the right place at the right time in front of the right people, or the right people are handling your reservation, it could happen. If the resort is booked up in advance, not much chance of any upgrade.

I have had it happen without asking but only once…and the resort was “dead” at the time we were there…

Good luck. I hope it happens for you! :smile:[/QUOTE]

thanks. I think I’ll do it online and just hope we are lucky. If it’s ment to happen its ment to happen. I’m just greatful I could even afford to go this year!

If you don’t get upgraded, don’t hesitate to ask if any upgrades are available. All they can do is say no. You may be pleasantly surprised. Also, if you get in your room and don’t like the view, go back to guest services to see if anything else is available. If there is, they will give you choices. But, please keep in mind, as Rowdy has said, it’s packed right now (still trying to understand that!), so your choices may be limited this time. Have a good trip!