Online Check-in

So I have been trying to check-in online for the past few days but I kept getting an error message telling me to try again later…so I kept trying again later. Well finally this morning I gave up and called Disney…surprisingly it was not me!! :laugh: The Disney Cast member informed me that it seems to be a common issue going on so she told me to go to www.mydisneyreservation.com and for some reason that link worked over the My Disney Experience Link. So just in case anyone else is having trouble checking in online try www.mydisneyreservation.com and it should work :happy:

Thanks for that info I’m getting close to my 10 day check in so might need this info.

@jimbo

Can’t you check in at the 60 day mark? Or is it two separate check ins?

[QUOTE=DisneyFan722;1136829]@jimbo

Can’t you check in at the 60 day mark? Or is it two separate check ins?[/QUOTE]

According to what I was reading you can now check in up to 60 days before rather than waiting until the 10 day mark…I thought that maybe I was having trouble because I was more than 10 days out, that is why I waited until today being my 10 days before but it does not seem like that was my issue just one Disney website over the other I guess

I believe only DVC members and those who rent points can do online check in at 60 days. At least that’s what I was told.

Just double checked Disney’s website and it states " Online check-in is for all Disney World Resort guests. If you have not already done so and it is within 60 days of your arrival date, begin the check-in process in advance of your arrival using Online Check-In."

Thank you for the tip we are just 30 days out and staying at AoA. What is the earliest you can actually arrive to get room keys and unload bags before hitting the park? Most hotels are 4 o clock check in just wondering if Disney is the same.

It states 4pm for Disney resorts, but don’t wait until then. Just check in as soon as you arrive. Many times the room will be ready, and they will let you have it prior to 4pm. I’ve gotten one as early as 8am. If you arrive in the morning and the room is not ready, they will still check you in and give you your room key cards and information packet. Drop all your stuff off with bell services, and then head on out to the parks, or whatever else you want to do. Once your room is ready, you will receive either a text or call (whichever option you choose) with your room number. Your key is now activated and you can go directly to your room.

Yes…you never know so always check…I have never ever NOT had my room ready on all the 25+ Years I have been going…arriving all hours of the day. If a room had been vacant last night, it doesn’t need to be cleaned and can be ready. You never know. :happy:

Thanks for the check-in info. We are just a little over 30 days. After seeing your post I went to check in. Ran into the same problems and used your link. All done - one less thing to remember to do.

This has been a problem with this link for a LONG time…since the last ENHANCEMENT. :laugh:

If I can fix a broken link on MY website, you’d sure think that Disney IT department could figure it out but I guess not.

Thank you so much for your help.

Well I have just given it a go and its not allowing me to check in :pirate: ill give it another go at 30 days:wub::wub:

What is the advantage of online check-in 60 days in advance?

Honestly, I think its just another thing to check off your list. But, I wonder if that gets you in line. So the person checking in 60 days out vs another person checking 10 days out for the same date, I wonder if the 60 day guy is ahead of the 10 day guy when they begin room assignments. Who knows. Always fun trying figure out the method to the madness in Disney’s eyes!

None. There is no advantage at all.

I sure didn’t see the advantage last summer. I guess the only thing is the long lines maybe? But even then, you still need to step up to the CM to pick stuff up…

I didn’t get the building I requested for last trip, even though I did online check in ahead of time…I had thought that there would be an advantage for room assignment.

I probably won’t bother with it again. This way, I can spend time asking for another room location if I want to…without holding others up behind me…

[QUOTE=smallworld;1136885]I sure didn’t see the advantage last summer. I guess the only thing is the long lines maybe? But even then, you still need to step up to the CM to pick stuff up…

I didn’t get the building I requested for last trip, even though I did online check in ahead of time…I had thought that there would be an advantage for room assignment.

I probably won’t bother with it again. This way, I can spend time asking for another room location if I want to…without holding others up behind me…[/QUOTE]

They do have your stuff pre-printed. As long as location or requests are not a big deal for you, online check in is the faster way to go. If you have requests they have been dropping off. It wasn’t the case a few months ago - this is recent.

I think the only advantage of any online check in is it just speeds up your time at the desk filling in formed such as credit card and address stuff. Don’t think it matters if I check in at 10 days or 5 days it will not improve chance of room request etc.