Online checkin

Adding a credit card to our account, it asks for pin number for everyone, including the 14 yr old. I don’t want her having charging privilege. Is there a way to not have this?

Never mind. I called and said it has to be changed at the resort. Can’t do it online.

I don’t remember it asking me for a pin last year when I did online check in.

Oh…wait…this is because of the bands? Why dont they charge it to the room and not directly to the credit card?? I don’t understand. Have the option of giving each member of the party a pin to charge with their bands…but not a credit card pin… I am confused…:confused:

They should make it optional…so that some bands can charge and some can’t. This seems more of a marketing tactic i.e let the kids charge what they want and they will buy more things in the park…

We aren’t part of the testing, so no band for us, but when we went in the spring we had a pin number. I’m guessing just another level of safety, before if I dropped my resort card anyone could go charging stuff. It still charges to the room account, not the CC directly.

Perhaps with the bands, you can do some charging or not. But for us, a card will be issued, but we have to request a non-charging card to be printed once we get there.

Jo-Jo, I did the on line check in last night and they did not ask for any pin numbers. I checked in all three rooms w/out needing them.

Did you add a credit card?

Yep, for all three rooms - I had to in order to complete the process.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1137937]We aren’t part of the testing, so no band for us, but when we went in the spring we had a pin number. I’m guessing just another level of safety, before if I dropped my resort card anyone could go charging stuff. It still charges to the room account, not the CC directly.

Perhaps with the bands, you can do some charging or not. But for us, a card will be issued, but we have to request a non-charging card to be printed once we get there.[/QUOTE]

…well that’s something I definitely didn’t do last summer…not a bad thing I guess…it’s just that I made the room reservations myself for myself and grown daughter who doesn’t live with me…would I have to make up a pin for her now? …and hope that I remember it? Most of the time she just uses her own credit card in the parks anyway…

So now when you go to charge to your room, you need to put in the pin I guess? But not to enter the parks?

[QUOTE=smallworld;1137955].

.and hope that I remember it?

[/QUOTE]

There are times I forget our room number. :laugh: I tend to use a birthday date, part of an address or phone number, not mine, but a number I’ve know for yrs. If I just pick 4 numbers out of the air, I’d forget before I left the counter.

I did on line check in, and there was a section to enter each individual PIN’s, or you had the option to use the same PIN as the primary, just by checking the box.

Yes, and it’s another level of safety. Whenever you charge something to your room key card/magic band, you have to enter your PIN also.

We did online checking for our trip starting Friday. I did it about 30 days ago. We did leave a credit card and we had the option of requiring a pin when charging or not requiring a pin. We did the pin just for the reason if we lost our card, anyone could charge. Without the pin, can’t do anything.

Did I say our trip starts Friday! :goofybounce::goofybounce:

Boss, I don’t know why you didn’t need a pin. I can’t seem to get past the page without entering a pin. I think having a pin is a good thing but that wasn’t the problem.

I didn’t want the 14 yr old have charging privileges.

Wow. I just went through the DVC site to the ‘my experience site’. They have all the information (CC etc). but here they did ask for a PIN. Weird because all of the new information is there.

So they ask for a pin on the DVC site, but not thru the disney site? How strange.

When you checkin at the resort, they will ask who do you want to have access to the cc link. The magic band will be setup right then for those allowed to use it or not.

I just saw you will not have the bands, but the policy will be the same you just tell them who you allow to purchase on your cc at the time of checkin.

So I decided just continue with the online checkin, got error message about 5 times. Put in all the information and two pages, “sorry try again later”. I finally got thru all the pages and it has the list of names and the 14 yr old DOES NOT have charging privileges. But then why ask for a pin for her card. I will have to triple check this when we get to the resort.

With the new RFID cards, all have a pin # so that they can be used for DP too. Might be it.

And now I’m getting errors trying to finish checkin for the second part of the trip. GRRRR With all these site errors, how can fastpass + ever work???

…this mess kind of makes me glad I’m not going right now…

…however…it will all be worth the kinks…and however frustrated it would make me…I would forget about it when I am on my way…

…I’m sure you all having issues will too…:happy:

I had the same exact situation while trying to do online check-in for our upcoming trip. I gave up after 4 tries, then when I logged on a few days later, the display on MDE showed modify check-in :blink: Just to be sure I called Disney and they confirmed that I was indeed checked-in.

Same with the pin for my DS’s MB. I’ll be checking into this when we arrive!!