Online early checkin

Has anyone used the online pre checkin? If so, can you request a room or a room upgrade? We are staying at the WL for the first time and are not familiar with the room layouts and which are most convenient. We have a woods view room booked. I have no idea how far some of the rooms are from the front lobby. Any suggestions?

That is a very good question. I am very interested in the answers.
I bet you’ll love staying at WL, such a beautiful resort.

I am a little bit jealous.

I have only stayed at WL once and I was on the 5th floor. Perfect location for me. We faced the courtyard, but they also have woods views on that floor. The Unofficial guide to WDW suggests the following rooms as good view locations: 4th floor - odd and even numbers from 4000-4003, 4166 - 4169. On the 5th floor - 5000 - 5003, 5166 - 5169 and 6th floor - same as above but put a 6 in front of the numbers.

They also suggest: odd numbers rooms 4005 - 4023, 4147 to 4165, same for 5th and 6th floor just change first number.

You should have all room requests noted on your reservation and ask for them again at check in.

Does anyone really feel that Online check in requests are really honored?

Previously stayed at the BC and requested walk out patio rooms but have only received the smaller non walk out patio. Already paying for water view room.

Any suggestions on how to get your request honored?

Also any other preferences that are good for the BC that one might not think of?

[B]Going back 5 or 6 years, before Online Check-in was possible, it used to be suggested (I believe, in the “Unofficial Guide”), that anyone with specific room requests should call the reservations person at the resort where you will be staying, on the Monday afternoon or Tuesday prior to your arrival. That person would make a note on your reservation, but again, would not guarantee. The logic behind this, was that the coming week’s reservations were downloaded to the resort’s computer system on the Monday preceding that week. Doing this enabled you to get your request in to the resort itself, and the CMs would be looking at these a few days in advance. Supposedly the success rate with this method was pretty high. (I know it worked for us.) Now, I have no idea if this method is still being used, and maybe others here can speak to that. I also have a trip coming in December and am wondering if I should use the on-line check-in. I suppose it would be possible to do both! :smile:

56 DAYS & Counting till my first-ever Christmas season in WDW, at CBR!  :tinytree:  (With dining, too!)  

~ Pam[/B]

[QUOTE=Sungold;998769][B]Going back 5 or 6 years, before Online Check-in was possible, it used to be suggested (I believe, in the “Unofficial Guide”), that anyone with specific room requests should call the reservations person at the resort where you will be staying, on the Monday afternoon or Tuesday prior to your arrival. That person would make a note on your reservation, but again, would not guarantee. The logic behind this, was that the coming week’s reservations were downloaded to the resort’s computer system on the Monday preceding that week. Doing this enabled you to get your request in to the resort itself, and the CMs would be looking at these a few days in advance. Supposedly the success rate with this method was pretty high. (I know it worked for us.) Now, I have no idea if this method is still being used, and maybe others here can speak to that. I also have a trip coming in December and am wondering if I should use the on-line check-in. I suppose it would be possible to do both! :smile:

56 DAYS & Counting till my first-ever Christmas season in WDW, at CBR!  :tinytree:  (With dining, too!)  

~ Pam[/B][/QUOTE]
Pam, you’re going to love WDW at Christmas time :happy:

The logic behind that doesn’t work out in real life. People arrive and available rooms are given where ever they are located.
That makes sense to me, and that’s why I would never request anything before my arrival. I always think requests might be met with resistance and a less than positive opinion of the guest and maybe (on a day when the CM was not in the best of moods) this request could result in a room of the oposite of what was requested
I mean they have the power behind that counter, don’t they :laugh:

I just rather not get noticed in that way.

We didn’t put in any room requests, but I can say the online check-in enabled a very quick check-in.

Historically, I’ve always found that broadly defined room requests are usually met. If you ask for a specific building or a specific location, then it’s a coin-toss. If you ask for something broader like: “not on the first floor and in the back”, you are a great deal more likely to get a request.