Opinions on the new Fantasy Land at MK?

Off to Disney again in April and I couldn’t be more excited to do all my favorite things and maybe even try some new ones including the new fantasy land! If anyone has gone to MK and wouldn’t mind sharing their experiences with the new Fantasy Land I would love to hear your thoughts. :happy:

too me it is just OK ,nothing get to excited about

We hit one of the soft openings in October on an EMH morning. We rode Dumbo and the Aerial ride was open along with the tavern and meet and greet areas for the kids. The entrance to the ride was nice based only on what we saw quickly walkiing through the line. It does give a whole new feeling to Fantasy Land. I hope the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train Ride lives up to the hype.

I thought is was “ok”. To be fair to Disney, I visited at night and didn’t spend that much time there. I will give a better opinion after I have explored it fully in May.

Dopey loathes it. We need to get her to weigh in.

Hopefully it scares away the crowds… I read that people are lining up at park opening for lunch at Be Our Guest… How crazy is that?

we will be there shortly,and have a res for be our guest ,but I don’t believe a restaurant can be what makes a new fantasy land,I personally believe it is lacking some pizzaz,to me the little mermaid ride is incomplete and retro,dumbo is dumbo and yes the story telling is compelling but not for the money they spent on the new expansion…

I hope my opinion is not considered “one-sided” or “biased” since I work there every day. I give honest reviews whenever new attractions open, and I’m not changing it now. THAT SAID…I think it’s one of the most amazing feats we’ve accomplished at our parks in recent memory.

New Fantasyland is about as close as making the Disney fantasy into a reality that will ever be reached. When you walk through Belle’s village, it really FEELS like you’re there. The architecture is unbelievable. Gaston is just randomly walking around like he owns the town. The tavern looks exactly like it does in the film, and the treats they serve there are INCREDIBLE.

Enchanted Tales, or ETWB as we call it, takes the magic into the next level. I’m sorry, but walking through a magic mirror that “transports” you into Beast’s castle is one of the coolest things I’ve ever seen. Madame Wardrobe and Lumiere are nothing short of incredible. So realistic and lifelike the way they talk and interact.

Under the Sea, while not really anything new as far as a ride goes, does have one of the most amazing queue lines as far as interactivity and realism goes. When I see grown women my age who grew up with Ariel as their favorite princess break down and cry tears of joy and happiness when they get to the area under the castle and also meet Ariel in her Grotto, that tells me we did something right.

The Storybook Circus may resemble Toontown in every way but name, but the atmosphere is even lighter, and again, makes the fantasy even more real.

Finally, Be Our Guests, or BOG. I myself cried the very first night we opened and as soon as Beast made his way onto the floor of HIS castle. People were standing, applauding, cheering, crying. There was Beast, at HIS castle, welcoming HIS guests. And not just the first night. I see this EVERY night. Powerful. Not to mention to say “I ate at the Beasts castle” truly demands bragging rights.

I know New Fantasyland doesn’t seem as big as the models, posters and other blueprints made it out to be. I’m sure once the coaster is complete, and New Fantasyland is truly finished, it will fix that issue. But I see it for the beauty it has brought. For the 10s of thousands who have already ventured through, all smiles, and the 10s of thousands of guests letters that have come through our mailbox, nearly ALL of them stating how happy they were with the expansion.

I hate to disagree with several of your comments, but New Fantasyland is NOT ok…It is absolutely wonderful. :biggrin:

I am looking forward to trying Enchanted Tales with Belle, and somehow we missed Ariel’s Grotto during soft opening. I was very underwhelmed by under the sea, but you should atleast do it once, just FP.

I’ve only been to New Fantasyland once so far, and I was so out-of-my-mind excited to be there that maybe I hyped it up to myself too much ahead of time, but I’m on the side that thinks it’s pretty fantastic.

We headed straight back to the Ariel ride at rope drop. I didn’t get to see much of the interactive portions of the queue since it was a walk-on (like 4 minutes after park opening) and we were speedwalking to keep up with everyone in front of us. But I did get to see some of the crabs… and oh my goodness, are those little crablets cute!! :wub:

I thought the ride was great. Classic Disney dark ride, which I love. The only thing was… did anyone else notice the two Flounders in the last scene?? Maybe it’s supposed to be like two separate scenes with Flounder visiting each… but it bothered me.

Enchanted Tales with Belle is AMAZING. The details are incredible and the technology is mindblowing. The actual telling of the tales is best suited for younger guests, but I highly recommend that grown-up guests do it at least once just to walk through the mirror.

We went to Be Our Guest pretty early (maybe an hour or so after park opening?) and they were letting people in to look at the dining room/ballroom even though they weren’t serving yet. It was so beautiful. They had the hallway to the other rooms roped off so I couldn’t see anything down that way, but the hallway itself seemed pretty awesome… I think the suits of armor talk to each other? We wanted to explore it some more so we decided to come back later for lunch…

We ran around the rest of the park for a few hours, and then returned to New Fantasyland at lunch time. The line for Be Our Guest was out the door and across the bridge. MADNESS. I don’t know if you could skip the line and just walk around the rooms inside, but the bridge alone was complete chaos so we didn’t even want to fight through all that to find out. I would like to go back and eat there, but not if I have to line up for it at like 9am. I’ll wait until the craziness dies down and I can either get lunch at lunch time or make a dinner reservation within a reasonable time frame.

[QUOTE=RowdyRAider;1130479]I hope my opinion is not considered “one-sided” or “biased” since I work there every day. I give honest reviews whenever new attractions open, and I’m not changing it now. THAT SAID…I think it’s one of the most amazing feats we’ve accomplished at our parks in recent memory.

New Fantasyland is about as close as making the Disney fantasy into a reality that will ever be reached. When you walk through Belle’s village, it really FEELS like you’re there. The architecture is unbelievable. Gaston is just randomly walking around like he owns the town. The tavern looks exactly like it does in the film, and the treats they serve there are INCREDIBLE.

Enchanted Tales, or ETWB as we call it, takes the magic into the next level. I’m sorry, but walking through a magic mirror that “transports” you into Beast’s castle is one of the coolest things I’ve ever seen. Madame Wardrobe and Lumiere are nothing short of incredible. So realistic and lifelike the way they talk and interact.

Under the Sea, while not really anything new as far as a ride goes, does have one of the most amazing queue lines as far as interactivity and realism goes. When I see grown women my age who grew up with Ariel as their favorite princess break down and cry tears of joy and happiness when they get to the area under the castle and also meet Ariel in her Grotto, that tells me we did something right.

The Storybook Circus may resemble Toontown in every way but name, but the atmosphere is even lighter, and again, makes the fantasy even more real.

Finally, Be Our Guests, or BOG. I myself cried the very first night we opened and as soon as Beast made his way onto the floor of HIS castle. People were standing, applauding, cheering, crying. There was Beast, at HIS castle, welcoming HIS guests. And not just the first night. I see this EVERY night. Powerful. Not to mention to say “I ate at the Beasts castle” truly demands bragging rights.

I know New Fantasyland doesn’t seem as big as the models, posters and other blueprints made it out to be. I’m sure once the coaster is complete, and New Fantasyland is truly finished, it will fix that issue. But I see it for the beauty it has brought. For the 10s of thousands who have already ventured through, all smiles, and the 10s of thousands of guests letters that have come through our mailbox, nearly ALL of them stating how happy they were with the expansion.

I hate to disagree with several of your comments, but New Fantasyland is NOT ok…It is absolutely wonderful. :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

Matt, I have always respected you and your opinion. That’s exactly why I said, to be fair, I will reserve my true opinion until I am there in the day light and can really explore it. Going at night took something away maybe? You passion and love for that place is apparent in every word you wrote. I will give it a much deeper look in May. Maybe I will run into you!

I have a feeling it wasn’t open, because I was thinking the same thing, that I don’t even remember where that would be, and there were a lot of CM’s offering info during the dress rehersal.

[QUOTE=PrincessJill;1130509]I’ve only been to New Fantasyland once so far, and I was so out-of-my-mind excited to be there that maybe I hyped it up to myself too much ahead of time, but I’m on the side that thinks it’s pretty fantastic.

We headed straight back to the Ariel ride at rope drop. I didn’t get to see much of the interactive portions of the queue since it was a walk-on (like 4 minutes after park opening) and we were speedwalking to keep up with everyone in front of us. But I did get to see some of the crabs… and oh my goodness, are those little crablets cute!! :wub:

I thought the ride was great. Classic Disney dark ride, which I love. The only thing was… did anyone else notice the two Flounders in the last scene?? Maybe it’s supposed to be like two separate scenes with Flounder visiting each… but it bothered me.

Enchanted Tales with Belle is AMAZING. The details are incredible and the technology is mindblowing. The actual telling of the tales is best suited for younger guests, but I highly recommend that grown-up guests do it at least once just to walk through the mirror.

We went to Be Our Guest pretty early (maybe an hour or so after park opening?) and they were letting people in to look at the dining room/ballroom even though they weren’t serving yet. It was so beautiful. They had the hallway to the other rooms roped off so I couldn’t see anything down that way, but the hallway itself seemed pretty awesome… I think the suits of armor talk to each other? We wanted to explore it some more so we decided to come back later for lunch…

We ran around the rest of the park for a few hours, and then returned to New Fantasyland at lunch time. The line for Be Our Guest was out the door and across the bridge. MADNESS. I don’t know if you could skip the line and just walk around the rooms inside, but the bridge alone was complete chaos so we didn’t even want to fight through all that to find out. I would like to go back and eat there, but not if I have to line up for it at like 9am. I’ll wait until the craziness dies down and I can either get lunch at lunch time or make a dinner reservation within a reasonable time frame.[/QUOTE]

When we went in Dec, it was a madhouse everywhere. We went on the little mermaid ride but that was about it. It was soooooo busy, you couldn’t take in all the details RowdyRAider mentions. It was almost like the cattle chute walk after firework at night. I think because of this, I too think it’s ok.

I’ve never really looked at the models, but I’m assuming where there was a dead end in Dec, that will open up so you can walk thru and not have to backtracked?

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1130520]When we went in Dec, it was a madhouse everywhere. We went on the little mermaid ride but that was about it. It was soooooo busy, you couldn’t take in all the details RowdyRAider mentions. It was almost like the cattle chute walk after firework at night. I think because of this, I too think it’s ok.

I’ve never really looked at the models, but I’m assuming where there was a dead end in Dec, that will open up so you can walk thru and not have to backtracked?[/QUOTE]

jo-jo—it won’t let me upload my picture of the model again—because it says I already uploaded it in my trip thread from last summer!!! Not sure why I can’t do it again but—here is the link to that thread from last August. The picture is the model of New Fantasyland that was in the Disney Museum area in DHS. I can click on the picture and zoom in to see the pathways but I’m not sure that anyone else can…

http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/trip-reports/60229-smallworld-its-world-laughter-world-tears-trip-report.html You will need to scroll back thru to come to the “Legacy” picture…

But according to the model, yes it looks like you can meander through the whole area and come out in the circus area… :smile:

Oh—just saw that you can scroll down to where it shows #80 in the right corner?? if that helps…thats the picture of the NF model… :happy:

[QUOTE=RowdyRAider;1130479]I hope my opinion is not considered “one-sided” or “biased” since I work there every day. I give honest reviews whenever new attractions open, and I’m not changing it now. THAT SAID…I think it’s one of the most amazing feats we’ve accomplished at our parks in recent memory.

I hate to disagree with several of your comments, but New Fantasyland is NOT ok…It is absolutely wonderful. :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

Thanks Rowdy. You just summarized why we love Disney so much. Can’t wait to experience it all!!

This sense of realism and immersion and joy is exactly how I felt about Cars Land! Disney is creating some truly magical spaces.

Thanks for looking this up. I see on the picture the path that goes to the dumbo area.

[QUOTE=RowdyRAider;1130479]

This post got me thinking hard. It reminds me that as much as we all get seriously, emotionally and deeply “into” WDW, it really should be about the kids. We should be asking ourselves what the kids think about the new FL. I strongly suspect that it is designed to hit on all the right notes to appeal to children’s imaginations!

My only beef (and I won’t actually have experienced the area for another couple of weeks…) is that I wish they had come up with another name for it – we already have a Fantasyland! Maybe something along the lines of Castle Land – OK, that one’s really stupid, but you get my drift.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1130532]

My only beef (and I won’t actually have experienced the area for another couple of weeks…) is that I wish they had come up with another name for it – we already have a Fantasyland! Maybe something along the lines of Castle Land – OK, that one’s really stupid, but you get my drift.[/QUOTE]

How about The Enchanted Forests, Seaside, and Storybook Circus? Those are the broken down names :wink: