Opinions please!

We are going in December and as of right now we have park hopper and water park/dq option on our passes.

How many of you park hop a lot? I’m thinking of taking it off because it would save us a couple hundred dollars! And save time during the day not to hop! Do you think I would be sorry if I don’t have it?

Also, only been in Florida once in December-- is it way too cold for water parks??

Would love to know what you think!!

[QUOTE=inluvwithdisney;1123798]We are going in December and as of right now we have park hopper and water park/dq option on our passes.

How many of you park hop a lot? I’m thinking of taking it off because it would save us a couple hundred dollars! And save time during the day not to hop! Do you think I would be sorry if I don’t have it?

Also, only been in Florida once in December-- is it way too cold for water parks??

Would love to know what you think!![/QUOTE]

We have been to WDW several times in both the end of Dec and the beginning of January…temps have ranged from short sleeves to winter coats hats and gloves…it’s unpredictable…

As far as park hoppers…I’m biased in that we always get the park hoppers…I can’t imagine doing without them…we are just too flexible…if we get to a park and it just is too crowded we will leave and catch a bus to another park to finish off the day…without it…you are stuck…I can’t speak to the savings in dollars though…if that is a big concern, you may not have much choice…with two of us going…its well worth the extra cost for park hoppers for us…We don’t ever use the water parks, so we save money that way…my vote would be to forego the waterpark add-on and use that money for park hoppers…

We have always gotten hoppers but noticed the past few trips we didn’t really hop unless it was on our last day. Last trip we nixed the hoppers and only felt ONE day, our AK day we wished we’d had them. I would think it also depends on how many days you have tickets for.

Can’t imagine not having a hopper. This past September, HS was packed. Enjoyed a leisurely stroll to Boardwalk to check out the resort, and then on to Epcot for the remainder of the day, to which was not crowded at all. I think it’s just a better vacation to be able to go with the flow. Worth the extra money to me.

I always get parkhoppers and wouldn’t do without them. I suppose I could if I had to, and a couple of hundred dollars is something to consider, but i think the flexibility is worth it if you can fit it in your budget. One of my touring strategies is to catch Morning Magic Hours at one park, then switch to a less busy park in the afternoon. As for the water parks in December, temperatures do vary widely, so I don’t know if you’ll have an opportunity to take real advantage of what they have to offer.

I, too, think that park hoppers are a must have. We’re always changing our minds. What happens if you have an ADR at Epcot, but Epcot is super crowded all day - you can’t hop over to another park. You’re stuck at crowded Epcot.

We’ve been to WDW many times in Nov. Dec. and Jan. and I’ve always thought it was too cold to swim, so I would buy the hoppers, minus the extras.

Not a must have. I love having that insurance of getting to move. However, I did without it this past July. There were 5 of us, and we just planned our days, and did not worry about the hop. I think it all depends on how you plan your trip. Are you a get up and go person, or do you move between parks for the day? For us, the atmosphere of the park is so different if you are at MK, and then switch to another place… I have a hard time with that transition. I’d rather stay in one place and fully experience that place for the day, but that is just me.

I also like the advantage of the park hoppers. And we’ve never really only done one park a day. Like others we start at one, then finish at another, especially like a later open park. In December the AK is only open till I think 5 pm. what would you do the rest of the day?

We also do not get the water passes though.

[QUOTE=sue299;1123817]I also like the advantage of the park hoppers. And we’ve never really only done one park a day. Like others we start at one, then finish at another, especially like a later open park. In December the AK is only open till I think 5 pm. what would you do the rest of the day?
We also do not get the water passes though.[/QUOTE]

Laundry :laugh::laugh::laugh:

We hop every day. It’s the most important part of the ticket for us. On the other hand, we do not use the waterpark option. We don’t even have time to use the resort pools much.

the hopping is so handy when you get surprised in one park with crowds and you want to escape…

We truthfully don’t hop a lot, but I always get the park hopper tickets because I am intense and it takes stress off me knowing the option is there. I’ve always been happy we have them in case a park is busy or our plans change for a day. It is nice insurance for us.

Or…go bar hopping in DTD or a bar crawl along the monorail or boat resorts :wink:

I would agree with most everyone else. Keep the park hopper and if you want to save money drop the water parks. I could see if you get to go to Disney a lot to skip the park hopper but it looks like you don’t get there too often. We do a sit down dinner every night and for this trip most of them will be at Epcot. So we can go to another park during the day, go back to our room and rest for a while then go over to Epcot for dinner.

Park hopping is more important to me than a water park option. BUT with the new ticket pricing, the WPM option is only $22 and some change per person when you add it to the PH…I wouldn’t remove it. With all the money that a WDW trip costs, I want the ability to come and go as I please, change my mind if I feel like it and do what I want when I want to. $60.71 per person, for the entire trip seems like a steal to do what you want.

[QUOTE=inluvwithdisney;1123798]We are going in December and as of right now we have park hopper and water park/dq option on our passes.

Would love to know what you think!![/QUOTE]

We live north of Orlando and i can tell you that already we are having cooler than normal temperatures. So while I normally see a lot of our northern brothers and sisters brave the waters in Decemeber due to their acclimation to lower temps I would suggest that unless weather dot com says that there will be a heat wave i would pack for cooler weather and not plan on water parks.

We always get hopper passes. I think its well worth the extra money to have the flexibility. I love having the hopper passes when we stay onsite, you can enjoy a park during the day then hop to another park and enjoy extra magic hours at another park. You really get to take everything in at a more relaxed pace.

We are definitely sisters from different parents :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I agree it depends on how many days you are there. If you miss Fantasmic or something, you might want to go back.

We have never gotten park hoppers and have never missed it - since we didn’t know what we were missing. However, I am seriously considering it this trip because we want to do things a bit differently, are considering the DP again this trip and will be there during F&WW and are considering Beach Club and want to be able to take the monorail to MK (we’d have to go through Epcot to get to it, so would have to have hoppers, right?). I think it would totally change how we do WDW, but that is a challenge I am up to planning!

We only got the park hopper the first year we went and did not use it to our advantage. I think if you don’t have it you just plan differently. I can definately see the pros but can work without it if the moneys not there for it.

For short trips of 4 or 5 days we do the park hoppers without waterparks. For longer trips we don’t buy parkhoppers and just do the waterparks add on. It seems to work for us.