Opinions wanted for Big River Grille and Brewing Works

Just looking thru menus and this sounds pretty good. Looking at allears, people really love it or hate it. The food goes either way but several mention cramped seating. I don’t seem to remember too many people here mention it. Anybody been there lately?

LOVE IT!!! Delicious ribs & mashed potatoes! The brew is great too. I never noticed that the seating was cramped, but it can be kinda loud in there. There is outdoor seating also during nice weather though.

They just do walk ups? I don’t see a spot to make an ADR on the website.

We ate there a couple of years ago and enjoyed it. We didn’t have a reservation but they weren’t busy because it had been pouring for more than an hour and no one was out walking around the boardwalk.

You can’t make reservations through WDW-DINE, but I’ve been told that you can make reservations by directly calling the restaurant.
Food is good.
It looks like when we ate there in 2006, we walked up.

Ate there a few years back. Food was decent, service was okay, ambience was so-so. It was a good dining experience for us but not one we have repeated since.

Pretty good place with decent food. The seating is fine, with outdoor dining available. You can make ADR’s directly with them, but not through Disney dining. I will be eating there in December.

What are their rules for ADRs? 90 days and such? And they do take the DDP?

I don’t think my getting le cellier plan is going to work, so I’m rethinking the plan.

We just went to Big River grill. I dont know if we caught them on a bad day but we didnt like it. As we walked in it smelled like an old musty greasey dinner, and the food was tasteless. :blow:

That was just our opinion and we wouldnt go back.

I have always wanted to try it, so on our upcoming trip my sister, friends and I will take the boys ages 1,3, and 6 here while my brother and wife have dinner at Cali Grill. Loud shouldn’t be a problem for us since the boys may be the source of some noise (exactly why we won’t all be going to Cali Grill).

We’ve always had great food there. Granted, we always go when we’re at Boardwalk and we order take-out for a night when we’re tired and eat at the suite. We only ate inside once - and the noise of the chairs scrapping against the floor just about drove me mad! If it’s a nice evening, I’d suggest eating outside on the Boardwalk. The meatloaf is excellent and so are the garlic mashed potatoes.

They do participate in the dining plan, but not the Tables In Wonderland discount program.

I just talked to Member services (for DVC) and asked about reservations. The CM said they don’t take them. It’s just like ESPN, just walk ups. Did you make a reservation for this dec? Do you have a number for them?

You have to call the place directly to make reservations,that’s what I did. I accually called information-411 and asked for the #.
The food is good, we had burgers and ribs.
If you lile to try “new” types of beer its a hit. You can get a very small glasses of 5-6 different types of beer, that they make.
One thing it gets very loud, the metal chairs on the floor.

[QUOTE=tinker2222;995937]You have to call the place directly to make reservations,that’s what I did. I accually called information-411 and asked for the #.
The food is good, we had burgers and ribs.
If you lile to try “new” types of beer its a hit. You can get a very small glasses of 5-6 different types of beer, that they make.
One thing it gets very loud, the metal chairs on the floor.[/QUOTE]

I hate beer, wine, whatever …it all tastes yucky to me. I had a dessert at coral reef that had alcohol in it and thought it was soooo strong. :blush: But the food looks good. Thanks for the info. :happy:

The only time we ate there, my daughter found a huge wad of cardboard from a Heineken case, right in the middle of her burger patty.

Gross.

I know accidents happen and it was really not a big deal – they handled it very well. But I still can’t bring myself to take the family there again.

We really love Big River. It’s DH’s favorite place in WDW to eat. We were just there in August, and it was yummy. I especially like their spinach-jalapeno cheese dip. YUM!

OOH I’m not big into the whole alcohol thing too, its the hubby! :laugh: The food is still worth going for. Plus its nice to be able to walk along the boardwalk after dinner and watch the entertainers!

Careful! It ain’t grocery store beer

It ain’t Canadian beer either!
(Which is to say, all American beers are weaker than beer brewed for international consumption)
So, it’s usually no more than 5% and many times only 3.2%.

Here’s an interesting article:
The Beer Paradox: Alcohol Percentage, Pyramid Snow Cap, Manly Beer, Viking Beer