Orange smell on Soarin

Ok I have been meaning to post this for a while but keep for getting.

Not to be a party pooper or anything but orange groves do not spell like oranges. They smell more like fresh flowers. It is a wonderful fresh smell that is filling my neighborhood right now :laugh:

Oh and they only smell that way for a few weeks a year when the flowers are blooming…the rest of the times they just smell like any non-blooming tree.

Oh how lovely, I cannot imagine what that must be like surrounded by that beautiful scent of fresh flowers. So oranges on the tree don’t smell like oranges? Well I am a tad disappointed to learn that, but happy that I learnt something new. I always thought they would have a citrus/orange smell!

BUT a Disney simulated Orange Grove will smell like oranges all year round…right? **** Disney and it’s illusions lol!

Those oranges smell freakin good. That’s the reason I ride Soarin - to smell oranges (okay, a bit of an exaggeration).

I remembered what they smell like…jasmine not exactly like jasmine but very close (the flower not the Princess).

[QUOTE=tigger;1104102]Ok I have been meaning to post this for a while but keep for getting.

Not to be a party pooper or anything but orange groves do not spell like oranges. They smell more like fresh flowers. It is a wonderful fresh smell that is filling my neighborhood right now :laugh:

Oh and they only smell that way for a few weeks a year when the flowers are blooming…the rest of the times they just smell like any non-blooming tree.[/QUOTE]

Yeah yeah, we know all that. We choose to live with magic. Stop this nonsense before Rowdy Raider comes after you :pirate:

I think if Soarin’ smelled like Jasmine everyone would be confused because most people expect an orange grove to smell like oranges. They are just using the smell to reinforce the imagery. It also links the smell of an orange to Disney…how smart is that.

How many of you peel an orange and think Soarin’? I do.

Anyway…poor me is working on my backyard today. It smells lovely…but probably next week it will be gone for the season.

Oh by the way I roasted up some chickens today (making pot roast as well and tomorrow pork roast) and the house smelled kind of like the Turkey Leg cart…pretty darn close.

Well thanks for ruining that for me…:laugh: When you said it smells like “jamsine” I immediately thought of Aladdin and wondered why you knew what she smells like then I wondered if Mrs. Tigger knew you were sniffing her.:laugh:

I continue to maintain that everything on Soarin’… from the orange trees to the ocean… all smell like pine! :laugh:

I truly dont care what’s real and not real when in wdw! Lol
I’m just lost in whatever illusion they feed me, its my time to be a kid again and enjoy the magic , no matter what :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=ARIEL;1104146]I truly dont care what’s real and not real when in wdw! Lol
I’m just lost in whatever illusion they feed me, its my time to be a kid again and enjoy the magic , no matter what :)[/QUOTE]

pushing the “like” button

So what? I bought the Disney World sound track (Four Parks) for $45 and I listen to the Soarin’ track while spraying a short blast of PURE CITRUS ORANGE AIR FRESHENER with my eyes closed.

Reality is not for me and it makes me laugh. I need another trip soon.

Next up I am going to break it to you that mice don’t talk…

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:Stop your silly talk. Of course mice talk…sheesh

that’s just crazy talk there…:ohmy:

:eek: Stop it right there!!!

:confused::confused::confused:
Of course mice talk! Silly! And so do dogs, pigs, aliens, ducks (sort of!), and dragons!:happy::happy::happy:

You know those turkey legs…guess what…

I am in an Epic mood if you get my drift…

:pirate:

It just can’t be flower smell…I’ve never SMELLED flowers. {Insert sound of sucking snot.} I just HATE allergies.

And while we’re talking crazy talk about talking rodents…why is it that GOOFY lives in a house AND talks but PULTO lives in a DOG HOUSE and barks!!!