Orlando Gas Prices

I heard on the new last night that gas prices in Lake Buena Vista are upwards of $6.00 a gallon! EEK! This makes me seriously reconsider flying for our April trip. I thought we would come out way ahead by driving, but now I’m not so sure.

Gas is around $3.70 a gallon here. . . what is it like where you are so I can get a better idea of an average?

About $3.75 around atlanta… UGH.

[QUOTE=alilmagical32;1102665]I heard on the new last night that gas prices in Lake Buena Vista are upwards of $6.00 a gallon! EEK! This makes me seriously reconsider flying for our April trip. I thought we would come out way ahead by driving, but now I’m not so sure.

Gas is around $3.70 a gallon here. . . what is it like where you are so I can get a better idea of an average?[/QUOTE]

That is just at certain stations that are jacking up prices. Average for Orlando metro area is around $3.70 (just bought gas for 3.68 was 3.62 yesterday).

Never buy gas around the airport as most of the stations around there are normally a couple dollars above the average.

Airline tickets are on the rise to because of fuel cost as well.

Gas is going to spike this summer according to the experts due to a number of factors. We are using less, producing less, and exporting more refined product. There is also the factor of the weakening dollar due to are federal debt, budget deficit, and printing of money (as the dollar sinks in value the price of a barrel of oil goes up. I’ve heard that because of these factors gas could reach a national average of $5 a gallon over the summer.

I paid $3.33 last week. Today $3.75. Just ridiculous going up .42 in one week!

Where is my like button… These prices are ridiculous!

When we went to pick some friends up yesterday, a station near them was 3.29 a gallon. Just 3 hours later when we took them home, the same station was 3.55. Crazy!!

Just digressing slightly, gas prices here in the UK have rocketed.
Our gas is by the litre and its roughly about £1.30 a litre. As there is roughly 4.5 litres to a gallon that means we are paying $7.95 a gallon now (£5.20) and that is in a suburban area. In London, and city centres its probably more.

[QUOTE=dixie;1102700]Just digressing slightly, gas prices here in the UK have rocketed.
Our gas is by the litre and its roughly about £1.30 a litre. As there is roughly 4.5 litres to a gallon that means we are paying $7.95 a gallon now (£5.20) and that is in a suburban area. In London, and city centres its probably more.[/QUOTE]

WOW!!! How in the world do you afford that. Is everything as spread out (distance wise) over there as it is this way?

Here’s hoping that with high gas prices the car rental companies will offer some great rates!

The high price of fuel in the UK is why we used the public transportation system so often when I was stationed there in the late 80’s. It was so much more enjoyable to grab the train for the hour and a half trip into London and save all the fuel. Sooner of later we lazy folks here in the US are going to realize just how stupid we have been for the past 50+ years.

NJ (in my area) is currently $3.55 a gallon. This is so ridiculous. They are predicting even higher prices as the summer comes. So, how is us not being able to afford to drive our cars help the economy? We have to be able to drive to shop. I am driving to WDW with three kids. I don’t know how much that trip is going to cost now. I have doubled my gas budget just in case.:mad:

I hate being an adult sometimes… I hate having to worry about this stuff.

Smart. All I know is that I’m filling all the way up each time knowing that the next time the price will be even higher.

You really have to consider whether your journey is necessary these days.we had a lot of protests when fuel went to a £1.00 a litre. But now it’s £1.33 a litre they seem to have given up the fight.
It has an effect on food prices too as the cost of transporting is passed to the consumer.
With gas and car parking charges being so high it is cheaper as Rich says to use the bus and train. It just takes a whole lot longer to get places.

I wish there was a public trans option for my DW or I. We both have an hour trip each way to work and back and unfortunatly I have a large truck which is not exactly fuel efficient, but is needed.

-H

[QUOTE=GrumpyDad;1102813]I wish there was a public trans option for my DW or I. We both have an hour trip each way to work and back and unfortunatly I have a large truck which is not exactly fuel efficient, but is needed.

-H[/QUOTE]

That’s just it. DH’s work is about an hour to an hour and a half away from home. I inherited his Avalanche because it was taking so much gas to get back and forth to work. My most favorite vehicle I have ever had. But, recently traded it in as my 2 mile from home job will be done in March after 24 years, and I know I will probably have to drive a distance to work also. I HATE that this political garbage is forcing me give up my comfort and beloved truck.

We are doing a very similar trip to yours, driving from PA. I will give you up-to-date info when I return!

I drive an '07 Avalanche and would really hate it if I had to get rid of it. I sold my motorcycle a while ago because it is just too congested around here for me to feel safe, but I may end up buying another cheap bike if the prices keep going up.

-Harry

We are already discussing buyng another Avalanche once we move to Michigan, where it will be much needed with all the snow there. But, that’s in the future, nearing retirement. I miss it very much. We ended up with a GMC Terrain, which is averaging 22mph city, and 30mph highway, so a big difference with gas, and its a really comfortable vehicle, but my heart stays with the truck!

Pam and I did the math and it is cheaper to keep her 02 Exploer than buy a newer SUV for her. She has a 45-50 minute drive each day to work. Gas would have to be over $5.00 to get close to breaking even.
I suggested she drive my Cady DeVile, but she hates the ‘land yacht’ feel and not being as high as others on the highway. I get 29-31 mpg on the highway so she could save a tank per week. Oh well. The $75.00 a week saving at current prices would be nice, but I understand her feeling comfortable on the road is more important.