Orlando Time Shares - where have you stayed?

Good afternoon! I am planning another Disney vacation for next June. I always stay on property, but have been offered a friends time share week for a really good rate. I am trying to find out if anyone has stayed at any of the time shares in the area and your opinions. Also, what are the pros and cons of staying at a time share in the area versus staying on site? Because admittedly the price is really good, so I’m a little “rose-colored glasses” at the moment.

Here are my options (there are alot!)

Orlando: Marriott’s Cypress Harbour, Marriott’s Grande Vista Resort, Marriott’s Royal Palms, Marriott’s Sabal Palms, Sheraton’s Vistana Resort, Westgate Lakes resort, Marriott’s Imperial Palms Villas

Celebration: Mystic Dunes Resort and Gold Club

Kissimmee: Star Island resort and Club, Westgate Town Center, Westgate Vacation villas, Polynesian Isles Resort

Any help is, as always, very appreciated!!

I also may be(cross my fingers) may be staying at Marriots Grand Vista next June. My sister stayed at Marriots Cypres I stayed at Royal Palms and they were nice. The Grand Vists sounds really awsome and I am staying in my moms timeshare. Good luck in booking.

We have stayed at Cypress Pointe Grand Villas and will be staying at the Polyensian Isle later this month. Never had a problem at Cypress Pointe, nice pools and things for the children to do (crafts, games, mini golf)

I own a westgate vacation villas timeshare it is nice and if you go to the westgate website you will be able to look up all the perks of staying there. I know that when we stay it includes 6 meals buffet style thre breakfest and 3 dinners on site it is also only minutes away from WDW to the south. not hard to get onsite from.

I see you have Star Island listed. That is a Wyndham Resort which leaves me to beleive your friend might be using their points under the RCI system. If so ask if they can get you into the Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort. It is technically not on WDW property but is located next to the Caribean Beach Resort. You access the site from the same road as the Carib Resort and other WDW resorts in that area. We have stayed there numerous times and even though it is not a WDW resort we enjoyed our stay every time.
We usually get a 2BR unit for the price of a Moderate unit on WDW. Now you do not have the frequent WDW tranportation but they do have a transportaion company that makes runs periodically. But we use our car even when staying onsite. Max flexibility unless we are going out for an all night bar session.
The extra room and 2 bedrooms are a hit w/ our kids. One of the three (26/23/20) always cons their way into a free trip. Gotta love them. And we do to when they have their own room.
Good luck w/ your decision. If you have any other ?? about Bonnet Creek pm me.

She said that she is offering me her “Interval” time share, not RCI. She stated that she also has RCI, so she knew what you were speaking of, but that was not the week she was offering me.

To bad. Since you would have a car at a location farther off site Wyndham BC would have just been another option.
We flip flop between onsite and off site. Onsite is easier when the kids were smaller but DW likes getting away from it all on some trips.

wait a minute is disney not a member of interval? I thought they where listed in my interval catalog of timeshares? you may want to check it out.

I have stayed at Cypress Harbour and at Royal Palms.

Cypress Harbour
PRO: Gorgeous super size room, bright colors, incredible pool area with rum bar, fun activities.
CON: A little farther from the parks so bring a car.

Royal Palms
PRO: Same super sized room, privileges at Marriott World Center (great pool, restaurants, etc.), shuttle service around property including World Center.
CON: Can’t think of anything.

Don’t overlook the Vistana Resort (not Vistana Villages). VR has terrific rooms, often amazing prices, a zillion fabulous pools, Haagen Dazs and Pizza Hut on site, grocery delivery, activities for kids, etc. We have gotten prices at VR that are so low it was embarrassing to check out. Embarrassing for exactly one minute. Request the Springs area, but if you don’t get it, no biggie, all the rooms are great.

Sheraton’s Vistana Resort - I love it here. It has lots of amenities, restaurants onsite, and activities.

Polynesian Isles Resort - Don’t stay here with kids. They have limited amenities and my kids were bored here. The condos were nice though, but not many activities.

They used to be until they moved to RCI. When I called to try and book a DVC for next year they said they had not taken them off there site but they no longer carry them anymore.

that bites…sorry about them switching to RCI… I do know that there is quiet a bit of stuff for kids at the westgate town center place… like miniture golf and an on site movie theater, spa for the parents and all.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;996525]I have stayed at Cypress Harbour and at Royal Palms.

Cypress Harbour
PRO: Gorgeous super size room, bright colors, incredible pool area with rum bar, fun activities.
CON: A little farther from the parks so bring a car.

Royal Palms
PRO: Same super sized room, privileges at Marriott World Center (great pool, restaurants, etc.), shuttle service around property including World Center.
CON: Can’t think of anything.

Don’t overlook the Vistana Resort (not Vistana Villages). VR has terrific rooms, often amazing prices, a zillion fabulous pools, Haagen Dazs and Pizza Hut on site, grocery delivery, activities for kids, etc. We have gotten prices at VR that are so low it was embarrassing to check out. Embarrassing for exactly one minute. Request the Springs area, but if you don’t get it, no biggie, all the rooms are great.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree, Vistana Resort is great! I own timeshare there. The Lakes and Cascades are the two newest sections, but ALL sections are undergoing refurbishment right now so it really doesn’t matter where you stay.

Vistana VILLAGES is about 10 minutes further away on International Drive…not far at all. It is GORGEOUS!!! Brand spankin new…only a couple of years old. It doesn’t have all the amenities that Vistana Resort has since it’s new, but it is a really beautiful resort.

I have timeshare both ONSITE (DVC) and OFFSITE (VR and VV). I most definitely prefer to stay onsite whenever possible. Nothing beats being immersed in the Disney magic 24 hours a day. But no matter where you stay, you will have a blast. Just make sure you have your own car when you stay offsite, the hotel shuttles aren’t that great and you usually stop at other hotels to pick up guests, which makes the trip even longer.

GOOD LUCK DECIDING!

P.S. Disney is NOT Interval anymore…we use RCI

We also stayed at the Sheraton Vistana; really really really nice. No complaints at all.

Can you tell me more about Bonnet Creek? We are staying there in April over Spring break. Also, It will be My husband, myself, and two children. Is there enough room in a one bedroom?

How big are the children? We have always reserved a 2BR unit so peace can be found in the afternoon break periods. If the kiddies are small the pull out should be ok.
BC is really nice, but NOT Disney. The sales pitch was that it was WDW without the price. Not so. But don’t let that get you down. The facilities are great, location is outstanding but the trasportation is not as frequent as WDW onsite. And the theming (SP) is not WDW. But the size of the unit is bigger than DVC.
So there is a trade off at BC. The biggest is transportation. We use our car most days as we have AP’s for free parking and a AAA parking pass. At this point in time we go without firm touring plans except for a few (2-3) high end ADR’s. Everything is spur of the moment. The joy of having a 20yo as the baby.
PM me if you need any other questions answered.