Osborne Family Lights

I was just wondering if anyone knows from last year what time these lights in MGM/Hollywood are turned on? I know they probably havent started yet, I seem to remember they were running November 28th-Jan 4th. Just wondering if anyone knows of a time, or if its just when it gets dark. Thanks.

I believe someone posted the time as 6:00 pm. There will be an official “turning on” the switch ceremony (very brief). Don’t miss the lights, they are spectacular. They are on until park closing.

Great thanks. I was finding posts but they were from 2004, and I wasnt sure if this was still acurate. Thanks, we are taking my 2 year old for the first time, and while trying not to overload the days, its one thing that is definatly on the list.

it’s an absolute must do!!!
we were there on saturday and they went on at 6pm til 8pm
i didn’t see the switch that everyone was talking about though. we waited on the backlot and they gave a brief history then they went on. it was unbelievable!!!

They were gorgeous! It had been about 7 years since I first saw them and seeing them this year was one of the highlights of our trip. Everyone was just dancing and having a blast down on the Streets of America. So fun!

YAY!! I am so excited to see them for the first time ever. When we were there in Oct 2002 they were just starting to put them all up.

I think they perform 4 times an hour, giving the crowds time to cycle in and out of the “Streets” performance area. I seem to recall that they do one song at a time and that in all they have 4 songs that they’ve choreographed the lights to. So if you want to catch all 4 songs, plan on hanging for an hour.
Please note I said I think because this is what I seem to remember, so I could be wrong.

Tonight I stepped out of my breakroom right at 6 and the lights came on, followed by the first number, “Carol of the Bells.” So beautiful and amazing.

Rowdy you have an awesome job! I want to step out of my classroom and see that!

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1005130]I think they perform 4 times an hour, giving the crowds time to cycle in and out of the “Streets” performance area. I seem to recall that they do one song at a time and that in all they have 4 songs that they’ve choreographed the lights to. So if you want to catch all 4 songs, plan on hanging for an hour.
Please note I said I think because this is what I seem to remember, so I could be wrong.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I believe it’s supposed to occur every quarter hour, beginning at 6:00pm.

[QUOTE=nubeanie;1005100]it’s an absolute must do!!!
we were there on saturday and they went on at 6pm til 8pm
i didn’t see the switch that everyone was talking about though. we waited on the backlot and they gave a brief history then they went on. it was unbelievable!!![/QUOTE]

We just missed you. Were there Sunday night. One of the best experiences I have ever had at Disney. Everyone was singing, laughing, dancing in the streets. It was as if you were a part of a huge family, as everyone talked to each other, laughed with each other and gave each other looks like we are a part of something special.

so true!!! although instead of singing and dancing i was chatting about football scores with people i didn’t know!!!

That happens a lot all during football season. All you have to do is wear your team’s hat or shirt.