Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights question

On nights when the Studios park closes fairly early does the Osborne Light display stay open for a little while after official park closing?

I’ve seen the Osborne lights a zillion times but I don’t think we’ve ever had this problem. The only night we can see the display is Dec 16th & the Studios park closes at 8pm. We are also seeing the earliest Candlelight Processional in EPCOT & have dinner reservations at Cape May Cafe at 6pm.

For some reason in the past I thought I remembered the Osborne Lights section of the park staying open about an hour after park closing but I could also be imagining that. At 8pm does the display turn off & you get ushered out?

when i was there the cm told me they shut them off at 8. that’s when the park closed :frown:

“Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights question”

Wishy the answer is no… “Ozzy and Sharon do not attend the opening every year!!!”:laugh::laugh::laugh:
THE NERVE OF THEM…:pirate:

Oh sorry … That was a different question.:blush:

There is a difference between the lights simply being on and the lights performing to music.
I’d say that the last actual performances end at 7:45 on nights the Studios close at 8, unless there’s an EMH that evening. What time they actually turn them off I couldn’t say. On Monday night, I “had” to be in Epcot in Germany so I could watch Wishes.
Keep in mind that they don’t start the “performances” until 6 PM nightly.

My parents are having the same issue . . . they want to see the CP and the lights and the castle BUT they are only there 2 nights . . . with the early park closing and all night time things starting at 6pm and having to wait 40-60 minutes to get into CP it’s like almost IMPOSSIBLE to do . . . I think they need to add a night! :laugh::laugh: I mapped out a plan, but it requires a LOT of hopping and walking fast! (Mom hates “frantic Disney” as she puts it!)

:laugh:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1007368] On Monday night, I “had” to be in Epcot in Germany so I could watch Wishes.
[/QUOTE]

I am just impressed that you are using Jedi mind tricks or something to watch Wishes from Germany! :laugh:

No mind tricks involved.
There is a small, and I mean very small, spot just to the left of that little jetty that sticks out into the water in Germany where you can see the high bursts from MK fireworks shows.
This spot then becomes an excellent viewing spot for Illuminations.
Conversely, you can see some of the high bursts of Illuminations from the MK entry area, especially from the “uphill” portions, but you have to look for the right spots because I can only approximate where I’ve seen them.
Additionally, you can hear the end of Illuminations, especially the Christmas version, from Main St and as you head into Tomorrowland, if you listen for it at the right time (9:46).

I honestly don’t think you can pull it off unless MK is open until midnight.
We were going to head for MK after Illuminations Monday night so I could grab a ride on the reopened Space Mountain, but I looked at the crowds combined with the fact that we didn’t get to the Epcot entry plaza until 10 and instinctively knew it would be something like 10:45 before we made it to MK.
Yes, if you’re just interested in seeing the castle and you don’t mind taking two trains and changing at TTC just to glimpse the castle, it is doable, but unless you absolutely must see it that night, something has to give.
(And if the king of all park hoppers says it’s pushing it, imagine how a mere mortal will react)

[QUOTE=WALL;1007361]“Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights question”

Wishy the answer is no… “Ozzy and Sharon do not attend the opening every year!!!”:laugh::laugh::laugh:
THE NERVE OF THEM…:pirate:[/QUOTE]

And I heard his exclaim as he was ushered out of sight…“gfadisfe ffdes gahters the fidsf datret higfh jiep dafesidwer.”

I heard it reported as “All aboard the crazy train” as he fell face first on Hollywood Blvd.

Meanwhile Sharon would not stop grousing about not being allowed to bring her stupid little dog into the park.