Our ADRs for July

I finally got to make our ADRs last Saturday. I decided not to set an alarm because we didn’t have any hard to get ADRs planned but some how I woke up about 30 minutes after the phone lines opened. Once I made it through the voice activated menu a CM picked up right away, it was a nice start. I was too lazy to do it on line, calling sounded quicker at that hour of the morning.

Ok, here are our plans:

Day 1
Fly in as early as we can, no ADRs.

Day 2
Early breakfast at [B]Chef Mickey’s[/B] (we’re staying at BLT it feels like a must)

Day 3
Move to Beach Club
No ADRs

Day 4
[B]Biergarten[/B]–we haven’t been there in more than 10 years

Day 5
No ADRs

Day 6
[B]'Ohana[/B]–almost a must do for us

Day 7
No ADRs

Day 8
[B]Hoop Dee Doo[/B]–love it

Day 9
[B]Chef de France[/B]–new for us

We may add one or two more ADRs before spring but I have no idea what we want to add at this point. We tried about everything we want to try and don’t really know where we want to return to at this point. The dining is important to us so I’m surprised we’re having this much trouble. A coupe of the open days are pool/downtown Disney days so I’m not too worried about where we’re going to eat. We love Earl of Sandwich and Wolfgang Puck’s so I’m sure we’ll go to each of those places. We’re staying at BC so we have several places to go between our resort, BW, and Epcot–we won’t starve.

After looking over our dining plans and crunching some numbers I think we’re going to do the quick service dining plan but only for the first two nights of our trip. We’re booked at BLT for 2 nights then moving over BCV so we can do it for just two nights. It’s about break even when I play with the numbers but we each get a mug so we’ll come out a little ahead when I figure in about $35 for 3 mugs. We’ll have 3 days to each use 4 QS credits and snacks, that should be easy looking at our plans. I played around with getting the QS pan for our whole stay but it would cost us more than paying out of pocket so we’ll just add it for a couple of nights.

Looks relaxing. If you REALLY want to wow your meal in France try the Bistro upstairs. While Chefs is great, Bistro is over the top. One heck of a way to end your trip.

I love your ADRs choices! Great minds must think alike, because those would be my top picks as well.

A few thoughts:

1. At Biergarten, please wear loose clothing and after your meal, make one last trip to the buffet and grab a few dozen pretzel rolls and hide them in your pockets to send ot me later. I love the things.

2. Are you a duck lover? We had one of most enjoyable WDW meals ever at Chefs De France, and my incredible duck was perfectly cooked (not easy with duck!) and the side dishes with it were excellent as well. In fact, everyone in our group loved their food. The ambiance and service were terrific and we can’t wait to get back there.

If you still are looking for one more meal, I can give a thumbs up to Yachtsmans – we had terrific food and desserts there last time. I was very surprised at how good the food was.

the plans look perfect to me. the perfect balance of meals in my opinion. you will have plenty of time for a spontaneous choice or down day…perfecto!

We’re trying Chefs for lunch on our last day for something new. One day we will try the Bistro but right now our son would hate it, he is NOT a foodie.

Thanks. I’m sure we’ll add another ADR but right now I don’t know what it will be. We’re trying not to over schedule this trip so we’re cutting back a few ADRs to see how we like it.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1015526]I love your ADRs choices! Great minds must think alike, because those would be my top picks as well.

A few thoughts:

1. At Biergarten, please wear loose clothing and after your meal, make one last trip to the buffet and grab a few dozen pretzel rolls and hide them in your pockets to send ot me later. I love the things.

2. Are you a duck lover? We had one of most enjoyable WDW meals ever at Chefs De France, and my incredible duck was perfectly cooked (not easy with duck!) and the side dishes with it were excellent as well. In fact, everyone in our group loved their food. The ambiance and service were terrific and we can’t wait to get back there.

If you still are looking for one more meal, I can give a thumbs up to Yachtsmans – we had terrific food and desserts there last time. I was very surprised at how good the food was.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I can’t wait to try Biergarten again, it’s been too long. We try to avoid buffets because Nate doesn’t find a lot to eat at them but he’s getting old enough that we can start adding them in here and there.

I have never had duck, maybe it’s time I try it. I was thinking of getting the mac and cheese and sandwich but I’m sure I’ll change my mind several times before we actually get there.

Has anyone tried The Fountain at the Dolphin?

The menu looks good and has a variety of things other than burgers for lunch. We’re looking for something in the Epcot resort area for our HS day.

sounds like you have everything worked out! awesome picks! we love Chef Mickey’s, 'Ohana, and Hoop Dee Do!! those are always must dos whenever we go!!!

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1015742]Has anyone tried The Fountain at the Dolphin?

The menu looks good and has a variety of things other than burgers for lunch. We’re looking for something in the Epcot resort area for our HS day.[/QUOTE]

Just looked it up, and I see it has a Cuban Sandwich flatbread, which makes me totally happy!

They stopped serving Cuban Sandwiches at the Commissary, which is such a shame. I really loved them! Now I know where to get one!