Our afternoon in WDW

With our passes recently renewed, we decided to spend the afternoon at “the world.”

We left around 12:00 and stopped for lunch before we got to the parks. We then drove to FW to park our truck and then went to the Outpost depot to wait for a DHS bus. We wanted to see if we could do TSM again, my DH and DS’s new favorite attraction.

So we arrive at DHS and upon entering the gate we realize, it really crowded. We know there won’t be any FP’s left, but we’ll check it out just the same.

So, on our way past the hat we see the HSM 3 float, DD wants to stop, but I tell her we can catch the next show.

We get to TSM, no FP’s and a 70 min. wait :eek:. Dh says he does not want to wait, so we go to see if we can meet Bolt and friends in the Animation building. YAY, they are there. Bolt, Mittens, and Rhino were playing with all of the kids and really interacting. They were a blast.

After this DH decides that he really does want to do TSM, so we walk back over there and now it is an 80 minute wait so, I can’t believe I am going to say this, we got in stand-by. It was a long wait, the line moved slowly, but we finally got there and DH and DS really enjoyed themselves.

After this we got in line for HSM 3 pep rally. DD was able to get a seat right up front due to a really nice mom. We were actually behind some younger kids. We got to talking while we were waiting and the mom insisted that DD sit up front with her DD’s. She was really nice and actually made room for several other little girls. It was a really great moment and I thanked her several times.

So here is HSM 3 float.

Sounds like a great afternoon!

After this we decided we were done with DHS, it was just really crowded so we rode the Friendship Ferry over to Epcot.

We went in via the International Gateway between France and the UK. We were getting hungry and just wanted to grab something quick to eat, so we went to the Electric umbrella for some sandwiches.

We ate and then went to grab some FP’s for TT return time was 8:15. Next DS wanted to ride Mission Space, There was very little wait, I think 10 mins. Epcot was much less crowded than DHS.

While the kids got on line for MS, DH and I grabbed some hot chocolate at a nearby cart. We sat with our Hot chocolate at the exit and waited for the kids. We still had time before our FP’s, so we went to SSE and walked right on, absolutely no wait here. It was great as always. I e-mailed myself the pics from the our future, although they are not in my inbox, so I don’t know.

We still had over an hour left for our FP’s so we decided to go over to TT and see what the wait time for single riders was. It was only 10 mins. so we all got in line. Well it turned out to me more like 5 mins. and DH and DS even got to ride in the same car.

After this we decided to call it a night. We still had to grab a bus back to FW and then we had to drive back to where we are staying. It was a school night for the kids and a work night for DH.

It was short, but sweet. DH’s job is over tomorrow and we will be staying in the area for the rest of the week, so we will visit some more. I didn’t take any pics of the decorations or the beautiful castle and I want to before we leave. We didn’t see Osbourne lights either, so we will be back.

[QUOTE=allirella;911523]Sounds like a great afternoon![/QUOTE]

It really was. I am so happy that we are able to do things like this. It is so wonderful to have AP’s and be able to just stop in for an afternoon or a weekend. Our lifestyle is amazing and being able to visit FL as much as we do is truly fantastic.

You lucky being able a quick trip… wish I could.

[QUOTE=dac921;911536]You lucky being able a quick trip… wish I could.[/QUOTE]

Believe me, I know how lucky and blessed we are. I wish you could to.

What a nice afternoon! Glad you enjoyed it, and that you get to spend some more time there before leaving the area!

[QUOTE=alilmagical32;911540]What a nice afternoon! Glad you enjoyed it, and that you get to spend some more time there before leaving the area![/QUOTE]

Thank you.

OMG . . . my kids just “passed out” when they saw your Bolt post! Then the high pitched screaming and running around like two crazies started! :blink::blink: They might just be a LITTLE excited to see this meet and greet!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Glad you had a magical afternoon! :happy:

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;912342]OMG . . . my kids just “passed out” when they saw your Bolt post! Then the high pitched screaming and running around like two crazies started! :blink::blink: They might just be a LITTLE excited to see this meet and greet!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Glad you had a magical afternoon! :happy:[/QUOTE]

Happy to have provided some excitement in your home. The are in the animation building at DHS. You don not have to go through the whole attraction, you can enter through the gift shop near the courtyard. I am excited for them to meet them. I can’t wait to see the pics.

I think we are going to go back on Thurs. or Friday for some day trips. I’ll post more if/when we do.

sounds like a great day. thanks for posting the pics

[QUOTE=timkelmom;912451]Happy to have provided some excitement in your home. The are in the animation building at DHS. You don not have to go through the whole attraction, you can enter through the gift shop near the courtyard. I am excited for them to meet them. I can’t wait to see the pics.[/QUOTE]

Me too! When we were there in October, there was just the cute cardboard cutout of Wall e! We asked the CM who was coming next, and she said “BOLT!” well my DD4 hasn’t stopped talking about it.

She does this little dance “I’m going meet Bolt! I’m going to meet Bolt!” it’s funny! :happy: Rhino is her FAVORITE . . . so to see him too in your picture, like I said, she “passed out!” :laugh::laugh:

[QUOTE=tinkerbelle24;912468]sounds like a great day. thanks for posting the pics[/QUOTE]

It was, thanks for checking them out.

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;912476]Me too! When we were there in October, there was just the cute cardboard cutout of Wall e! We asked the CM who was coming next, and she said “BOLT!” well my DD4 hasn’t stopped talking about it.

She does this little dance “I’m going meet Bolt! I’m going to meet Bolt!” it’s funny! :happy: Rhino is her FAVORITE . . . so to see him too in your picture, like I said, she “passed out!” :laugh::laugh:[/QUOTE]

Well, I can’t wait to see the pic of her reaction.

The Mittens character is adorable! Love the photos.

[QUOTE=HappyCamper;912501]The Mittens character is adorable! Love the photos.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Mittens was great, he played with my older DS for quite a while. Like he stuck out his paw to give a high five and then he pulled it away. He did this several times and DS thought it was funny.

I thought this was great because at 14 DS is starting to lose interest in the characters, but this character took the time to engage him. I really enjoyed the moment.

Wow how lucky are you TKM to be able to do that- and I love your photographs- thanks for sharing- would love to see more!

Tinklemom, you are livin my dream!! What a great way to spend a day.

That was cute!!! I would do this if I was close… but not TOO often… just enough! I LOVE the magic of that place… no matter how long (or short) we stay and how often we have gone… I LOVE that my kids are learning where to go to see what… even at 7!

Any other special new things that I need to see since we haven’t been there in 12 months and 2 weeks???

i can’t wait to see Bolt myself!