Our Deluxe Dining, eating ourselves silly reservations

So, we are 27 days out and I finalized all my reservations today and typed out my itinerary. This is our first time on the deluxe dining plan so we’re going all out with the reservations. Here is what I put together (including some other events not dining reservations:

Wednesday 9/10/08 Animal Kindom
Bkfst: O’Hana’s
Photopass photo shoot@ Polynesian
Dinner: Spirit of Aloha luau

Thursday 9/11/08 Disney Hollywood Studios
Bkfst: Kona Kafe
Dinner: Brown Derby*Fantasmic Dinner Pkg

Friday 9/12/08 Magic Kingdom
Bkfst: Chef Mickey’s
Bibbidi Boppidi Boutique
Dinner: Cinderella’s Royal Table
MNSSHP

Saturday 9/13/08 EPCOT
Bkfst: O’Hana’s
Dinner: Teppan Edo

Sunday 9/14/08 Magic Kingdom
Bkfst: 1900 Park Fare
Dinner: California Grill

Monday 9/15/08 Disney Hollywood Studios
Bkfst: Hollywood & Vine
Dinner: 50’s Prime Time

Tuesday 9/16/08 EPCOT
Bkfst: Princess Storybook
Dinner: Coral Reef

Wednesday 9/17/08 Departure Day

I’m sure it sounds like a lot to most of you, but we really enjoy eating breakfast and dinner when we’re on vacation. It’s probably the one time every year that we all sit together as a family and enjoy a meal for a week straight! I’m still considering trying to move some stuff around, but a lot has been booked up when I’ve been calling, so for now, this is it. So, what do you all think?

I think it sounds great.

They are awesome ADR’s. You will fill up on breakfest sooo much you won’t want lunch and look forward to relaxing for dinner. Great choices.

Which meals are 2 credits? It doesn’t seem like you have enough meals to use all the credits. But it sounds wonderful. We’ll be there your last few days, so if you decide you’ve had enough food, give us a call.:laugh:

I would love to do the deluxe dining some day!! You look like you are going to be well fed!

All of your choices look fantastic. I would love to try the dining plan one of these days but I’m just not a big eater. Some of the choices you’ve made I’ve never eaten there so I can’t wait to read your reviews when you return.

Looks like a bunch of GREAT choices.

Sounds terrific!

Everyone should do what they want on vacation - if you enjoy both breakfast and dinner sit-downs, then go for it!:happy:

Now I’m hungry. :laugh:

Those plans look great!

The plans look good. The breakfast and the dinner ADRS will work out fine. You have plenty of time in between them for whatever.

Your plans look great!!! Good breakfasts and good dinners!! How can you go wrong???

great plans, I am working on mine now :laugh:
this deluxe thing is going to be fun :biggrin:

That really is what we were thinking. On the deluxe plan, we’ll still have 2 snacks to use each day, so I’m sure we can utilize those credits in between those meals to keep us going…We’re not huge lunch people when we’re in WDW anyway…to much heat and running around and I’m really not hungry in the afternoons!

The 2 credit meals are California Grill, Cinderella’s Royal Table, Hollywood Brown Derby, and the Polynesian Luau. The way it works out, we would each have 3 meal credits left if we keep things the way they are. I originally thought Coral Reef was 2 credits, but apparently that changed. I’m sure we’ll come up with a way to utilize those 2 credits. Also, I know that in years past, you were able to “trade in” TS credits for CS and CS for snacks during the free dining promo (since so many restaurants were so booked). I figure then I could always trade in for some snack credits. We always spend our last few snack credits in the confectionary and/or the bakery in MK the day we’re leaving to bring goodies home for everyone else!

I was already hungry now I’m STARVING! Sounds so yummy, can’t wait for the TR!

Those are awesome plans!!! I hope you enjoy!

Wow! That looks awesome! Did you get any of those reservations recently? I am going Sept 1-13 and was having trouble changing things around in July…you did Great!:mickey:

I always thought that if we ever did the DDP that is exactly how I would do it - Breakfasts and Dinners - something about lunch that is so SANDWICH. Great minds think alike :wub::wub:

We also have breakfast and dinner on the Deluxe. Glad to know there are others with the same idea out there. Also, I look at the lunch break from ADR’s as time to “walk it off”, literally! :laugh:

[QUOTE=cowanfamily;866180]
I always thought that if we ever did the DDP that is exactly how I would do it - Breakfasts and Dinners - something about lunch that is so SANDWICH. Great minds think alike :wub::wub:[/QUOTE]

Even on the deluxe plan, I’m as tempted to skip lunch altogether, eat breakfast late, skip breakfast and eat lunch early, or grab some sort of snack to tide me over. Plus, when half of your dinners are at signature restaurants, you need to budget those extra credits as well.

[QUOTE=PrincessPooh;865874]

The 2 credit meals are California Grill, Cinderella’s Royal Table, Hollywood Brown Derby, and the Polynesian Luau. The way it works out, we would each have 3 meal credits left if we keep things the way they are. I originally thought Coral Reef was 2 credits, but apparently that changed. I’m sure we’ll come up with a way to utilize those 2 credits. Also, I know that in years past, you were able to “trade in” TS credits for CS and CS for snacks during the free dining promo (since so many restaurants were so booked). I figure then I could always trade in for some snack credits. We always spend our last few snack credits in the confectionary and/or the bakery in MK the day we’re leaving to bring goodies home for everyone else![/QUOTE]
Yup, that was my thought too. I can’t eat all those snacks, not with all the food coming our way. I’ll get it somehow so that I can bring home mickey rice crispy treats, etc.

We chose mostly 2 credit restaurants, because I sure don’t want to eat 3 times a day :blow:
So really I don’t care if I use all the credits, as long as I can have breakfast and dinner or lunch and dinner or some combination. I just wanted to try the fancy schmancy restaurants and still be able to have breakfast every day :biggrin: