Our first DVC trip!

yup, I’m adding another Trip report to the many out there for the same time frame…

I thought about maybe not doing a trip report this time because I didn’t want to bore anyone…But I decided to do one since I wanted to share how much I love my DVC–:wub::heart:

This was the most relaxing trip we ever had thanks to our 1 bedroom accommodations (hence the “boring” part)! We felt in no rush to do anything and really just enjoyed our time together.

So anyway… I will have ALOT of pics and not too many words…if you like pictures I hope you enjoy (even though alot of them are of my kids)!

Cast: Me (Melissa)
DH (Mike)
DD Briana (5 going on 14)
DS Brady (turned 8 months while at WDW)

May 2-7 at Boardwalk Villas
May 7-11 at Saratoga Springs

:mickey:

YAY! Yay! YAY! Can’t get enough of TRs…that’s what makes 'em so great - really, everyone has a different experience, even at the same place, same time. PLEASE dont short us - WE promise not to be bored!!!

Also making an appearance in my TR are my Aunt, Uncle, Cousin and my cousin’s 18 month old daughter. This was their first trip (for all of them!)

–A little background here---- My cousin is in the US Coast Guard and when the deals were released for their (military) free tickets this year I let her know about it and she decided to go! She got a great military rate from Pop too!

Saturday May 2nd–

Our car service picked us up at our house at 11am and took us to HPN (Westchester/White Plains) airport. We’d never flown out of here before and didn’t really know what to expect. We usually fly out of Stewart in Newburgh, but I got a really great deal out of HPN so we decided to try it. Very very small airport. So small everyone is waiting in one big area and there are 4 gates. It was crowded in there and since people line up at the gate right before they start boarding it made it so tough to pre-board with the baby–you’d say excuse me and they’d just stand there… So I got LOUD with people… LOL

Flight was smooth and the baby slept most of the way! He was excellent!

Here’s DH, DD, and DS.

We landed and hit the restrooms so I could change the baby and DD could change into shorts. Then we went down to ME–They let us know that since we had our voucher we didn’t even need to “check in” with them! We just went straight to the bus line and waiting to get loaded onto the bus…

We waited a while for the bus to leave and they really tried to pack them in–the last family that got on the bus had to get off since there weren’t enough seats for all of them.

We headed out of the airport and the first stop was Port Orleans Riverside where most of the bus cleared out, We were the next stop!

I was so excited to hear my first offically “Welcome Home!”

Unfortunately that didn’t happen…:glare:

We went to the online check in desk and everything was waiting for us. We had a new cm who was earning his ears. We paid for our dining plan and we were off to dropped our carryons in our room.

We got room 5089–so not too too far from the elevators. We got a great view of the quiet pool, community hall and tower of terror!!

I took some pics of our room (which I won’t post since that’s pretty boring) and we needed to go get some dinner. DH had requested ESPN club but the line was out the door!!

So we decided on Spoodles. We’d never been before and I was leary about what DH would think of the menu. We waited for about 40 mins to be seated (we didn’t have an ADR) and it was late, like almost 9pm. So the baby was starting to get restless. We ordered our food, DH and I got two different flatbreads that we shared with each other (he got the meat and mushroom one and I got the four cheese) and DD got the kids ravioli. Excellent meal!! And wasn’t too expensive for paying out of pocket either!

After dinner we watched one of the performers and then went back to our room to get some rest.

Day 2–Sunday May 3rd

We needed to exchange our AP vouchers for our AP’s and figured the closest place to do it without having to back-track was at HS. So we walked to HS and did exactly that.

What a beautiful walk that is!!

I had no intentions of actually going into the park but DH said – why we are here we may as well go in and check it out… We walked the park and my DD got to see the HSM3 parade thing.

We wanted to grab some lunch but knew HS has NOTHING that great there, so we headed out of the park and hopped the bus to the ttc to go to the MK!!!

We chose the boat and DD posed for some pictures… usually she’s the one telling me to take a picture of her–she calls herself “the diva” :laugh:

and DS just hanging out in his stroller!

We met up with my Aunt, Uncle, Cousin, and her daughter at the gates and took a few pics in front of the castle…

Then we took them to Cosmic Rays to get some grub!!

We didn’t feel like staying in MK long so we walked thru the Emporium and went out of the park and caught the bus back to BWV.

When we got back to BWV we looked for some Hidden Mickeys in the lobby then went back up to our room to hang out for a bit before we went to dinner.

Great start!! YIPEE!! I can’t wait to see more…

I’m sorry you didn’t get the official “Welcome Home”. That really stinks…at least there are plenty more opportunites for that!!

Your family is adorable!

P.S. that walk to HS is pretty…but ugh…so long!!

We had a 6:25pm ADR at Le Cellier, but we went back out a little earlier.

I love how peaceful the Boardwalk is during the day…

DH stopped for a Grey Goose Slushie in France and I got a Peach Snap from the tea stand in China. Both were so good!!

My aunt called to say that they would be at Epcot in a few minutes and we decided to meet them in front of the fountain behind S.E…thank goodness I called to find out where they were when they didn’t show up because they were at the fountain in front of SE !

We went over to the Seas and went on Nemo and Friends (our first ride since arriving!!) and my cousins daughter just adored the seagulls!!

It was time to go to Le Cellier and check in. We arrived at the desk and were told they were running 15 mins behind ADR time, which wasn’t a problem. DD went down to the Kidcot station to make a mask and as soon as she started our pager went off!!

Dinner was excellent (we hadn’t been in a few years) as was our server!!! My aunt bought me a glass of the Reisling and it was the best glass of wine I had in my life!!! I had the Filet with no mushrooms and the cream cheese mashed instead of the risotto. And the Smores for dessert!!

I was really nervous with all the bad reviews Le Cellier has been getting recently but so relieved once we had a great meal!!

I can’t speak for everyone but I know I want to see room pictures!! :laugh:

I can’t wait to read your TR! It’s making me nostalgic…I remember we were there last year the same time as your family!

A great TR, thanks for sharing. I never bore of pics. More pics!

[QUOTE=Goodegirl2007;959957]Great start!! YIPEE!! I can’t wait to see more…

I’m sorry you didn’t get the official “Welcome Home”. That really stinks…at least there are plenty more opportunites for that!!

Your family is adorable!

P.S. that walk to HS is pretty…but ugh…so long!![/QUOTE]

There sure are!! We got it at SSR though! And I wasn’t too upset since the cm was new!!

We did that walk a few times too… We just couldn’t be bothered waiting for the boat! LOL

[QUOTE=cinderbella;959965]I can’t speak for everyone but I know I want to see room pictures!! :laugh:

I can’t wait to read your TR! It’s making me nostalgic…I remember we were there last year the same time as your family![/QUOTE]

Ok, I’ll post the room pics too!! LOL

And I was pregnant last year too!! And you are pregnant this year! The babies are really easy to travel with at 8 months!! (Hint Hint!) He was sooo much better at this age then my DD was a 2!!!

Oh good!! I have ALOT!! I’m glad you don’t mind pics of my kids, mostly!! LOL

Ok here are some pics of our room. We had a 1 bedroom preferred (pool/garden) view.

LOVED the tub!! DH used it more than me though!!! :laugh: And the washer and dryer saved us from having to do it when we got home! And was great since we had the baby and his clothes get dirty fast!!

Awesome report so far…and I agree, I love any and all pics!!! The 1 BR looks great. We have only stayed in Studios so far (rented points). Sorry you didn’t hear WELCOME HOME when you first arrived. No biggie. You KNEW you were home! :wub:

Your TR is making me really excited for my own FIRST TRIP HOME in February! (our first BLT stay using our points!)

I can’t wait to hear more! :happy:

It’s corny, but I never tire hearing it. :laugh:

LOVED the red head little one. The kids expressions is what REALLY makes it all worth while for me. I can’t wait for grandkids at WDW. We started when our oldest was 5 and the youngest was 18 months.

I wish we had DVC back then.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;960107]It’s corny, but I never tire hearing it. :laugh:

LOVED the red head little one. The kids expressions is what REALLY makes it all worth while for me. I can’t wait for grandkids at WDW. We started when our oldest was 5 and the youngest was 18 months.

I wish we had DVC back then.[/QUOTE]

Hey, Richard, rent me some points and I’ll rent you my DGD. Kisses and hugs cost extra…those cost BLT points:laugh:

As a good grandma, I have to tell a story about my DGD. Me , my DD and DGD went to disney by ourselves 18 months ago. DGD was about 2 3/4 yrs (avatar). One day she tells my DD, “Cinderella is my favorite, but Grandma is my friend” :wub::wub::wub:

Now back to the TR. Our first DVC trip, we had a 2 bd at BCV. First 20 min, I just ran between all the rooms taking pictures. 2 hrs before we were living at POP…big difference:laugh:. So post all the room pictures you want.:happy: