Our next trip

Our DD is a freshman in HS this year and is in chorus and band. We found out that both groups will be going to WDW during Spring Break 2011 to perform.
I’ve been to WDW during Spring Break and did not like the crowds, although this is a one chance in a lifetime sort of thing, so I guess we’ll start making plans asap. We had tentative plans to go in Jan 2011, so this trumps that trip for sure.
I’ll be crossing my fingers in hopes that all will be OK.

All will be fine! Since you are a WDW pro just go with the frame of mind that you are there for the chours and if the parks are too busy you can relax at the resort or head to DtD.

Keep us posted.

Lisa

spring break isn’t that bad if you are a seasoned pro…been there many times and it was fine…good weather usually

I was in WDW last April (5 - 10) Which is Spring Break here in NJ. The lines weren’t as bad as I thought they would be. Keep happy thoughts!!

Although I do have to tell you when we used to go to the ESPNWWOS for Softball…there really wasn’t much time to see the parks. I’m not sure if it was because our coaches tried to get in as much practice and games as they could since that was the reason we went there or if it was how Disney programed the trip. Also Disney only offered three or four hotels for the teams to pick from (and the participants had to stay in one of those hotels). I think two were off property and two were on property. I’m not sure if they do the same thing for the bands when they go. But if you only have a limited time to go to the parks, you might want to add on more days.

OK, so we’re booked at the All-Star Music (after being told on a previous call that no rooms were available :glare: ) at $154/night. :huh: I know this is a peak travel time but those prices seem kinda high, don’t they?
Well, we are going to try and see if others would like to share/split the cost of the room, but if anyone hears of any discount codes I would really appreciate it. (Do they even have “room-only” discounts this time of year?)

And thanks for the encouragement. We would not have planned a WDW trip during this time of year, but it’s for our DD and a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. :happy:

You’ll need to keep monitoring discounts about 3 months out but what you’ve booked at right now is full rack rate for a premium period.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1051837]You’ll need to keep monitoring discounts about 3 months out but what you’ve booked at right now is full rack rate for a premium period.[/QUOTE]Thanks. I’ll def keep my eyes posted for the sales.

We just got a WDW email yesterday that had some specials for next year, but of course the dates we’ll be there do not apply. :frown:

Well, big changes today. The school trip has been cancelled due lack of interest. I guess the economy is taking a toll on trips like this.
So now we’re deciding on when to go next. It looks like the week after Christmas, which I really don’t want to go then, but it appears to be our only option.

Any comments? And yeah, I know, it’s gonna be crowded beyond belief. :frown:

Another question I meant to ask before was this…

If you had to choose between going to WDW during the week after Christmas or the week after Easter (Spring Break), which would you choose and why?

Thanks.

Still checking for “room only” codes, but no go. It doesn’t look like they’ll release any post Christmas discounts.

On another note, Disney certainly is advertising heavily on TV. :blink:

[QUOTE=TK924;1053838]Another question I meant to ask before was this…

If you had to choose between going to WDW during the week after Christmas or the week after Easter (Spring Break), which would you choose and why?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Well, we’ve done the week before Easter, and it really wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. Definitely took advantage of the park hoppers though that week. So, if I had to choose, I would pick after Christmas, only to see all the decorations. Really, either one is excellent as the weather is great around Easter, and decorations for December.

The week after Easter this year are Grad night weekends, unless allears is incorrect. Due to the fact Easter is falling at the end of April and Grad night, Im not sure if Id go then. My trip will be at the beginning of April.

Christina

[QUOTE=TK924;1057134]Still checking for “room only” codes, but no go. It doesn’t look like they’ll release any post Christmas discounts.

On another note, Disney certainly is advertising heavily on TV. :blink:[/QUOTE]

There are NO discounts at all between Dec 19 and Jan 1, EVER.
In fact, this is when they charge super premium rates.

My daughter’s middle school Chorus is going in the Spring. The only way it will get canceled is due to bad behavior which isn’t fair to the good kids. If you pay $450, you’re going, period. That includes the charter bus, hotel, food, and park admission for 4 days, 3 nights. Lack of interest? Wow, where do you live? I mean I know people aren’t rich, but come on. These kids can ask businesses to sponsor them. I just don’t feel right asking people for money. I wouldn’t give another family money to go to disney world LOL so we will just pay for her ourself.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1057151]There are NO discounts at all between Dec 19 and Jan 1, EVER.
In fact, this is when they charge super premium rates.[/QUOTE]

There are some “room only” discounts 11/27 - 12/25. MouseSavers.com - Disney World Resort Hotel Discount Codes & Deals

Our band/chorus trip was going to cost $600/person. :eek: I guess parents just couldn’t do it.

You will be fine, good luck with everything.

Our band/chorus trip was going to cost $600/person. :eek: I guess parents just couldn’t do it.[/QUOTE]

Geez! I don’t know where our group would be staying…

I’ve been getting announcements all along and just didn’t pay attention to discount rates actually being pushed all the way out to Christmas Day.
That said, discounted rooms are first come, first served and are limited in distribution. It is an almost sure thing that the days closer to Christmas are already gone, possibly with the exception of the most expensive suites at the deluxe hotels.
However, in the past, they’ve cut the discounts about 5-6 days before Christmas. Also, you can see that the week after Christmas itself is a blackout period. Back in 2006, I drove up for the day to do fireworks tapings and MK and Epcot were slammed. We’ve also been in WDW between 12/30 and 1/2 and the parks are generally slammed until New Year’s Day. You can do things, but unless you set your sights low, you’ll not get it all done. The big events like fireworks and parades can be done, rides and shows will be more difficult depending on how the waves of guests swarm, ebb, and flow.

Geez! I don’t know where our group would be staying…[/QUOTE]

wow that’s crazy…:pirate:

We can afford it but I don’t know because I was thinking about going in June. That would be crazy to pay $450 for her and then go in June. If we don’t go in June, it wouldn’t be fair to our other 2 kids LOL, AAAAAGGGHHH!