Our not so Secret "Pre-Trip" report without the Kids

So rather than lie to our kids where we were going on our “No Kids” vacation, I sat them down and told them the truth; Mom and Dad are going to WDW…they took it quite well…WHEW! Of course they asked that we bring them something back…we will.

I made our final tour reservation yesterday, here are our plans:

August 25:

1. Check in to All Star Sports
  2. Typhoon Lagoon all Day
  3. Dinner at Wolf Gang Pucks
  4. Shop at DTD

August 26:

1. Segway Tour at Epcot in the early a.m.
  2. Spend the rest of the day at Epcot
  3. Dinner at Marrekesh
  4. Cirque De Soleil Show

August 27:

1. Keys to the Kingdom Tour
  2. Spend the rest of the day at MK
  3. Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern
  4. Pleasure Island (before it’s gone - it’ll be our first time)

August 28:

1. Sleep in
  2. check out
  3. Blizzard Beach until 3:00 ish
  4. Grab a late lunch
  5. Hop on ME and head home late evening

I think we’re getting in all the adult stuff we can’t do with the kids (DS8 DD6), we’re really looking forward to this trip, it can’t come soon enough! We’ll be celebrating our 14 year anniversary :wub:this trip, it may be a few months early, but we’re doing it anyway!

Good for you…I would have loved to see their faces when you told them! Ha! I dont think my kids would take it so well, but they have been telling me recently that we are going “for mama”! Right!

I can tell you this…I was sweating bullets :blow:when I sat them down and was very impressed with the both of them at how well they took it:cool:.

They’re excited that they’ll be spending a week on the beach with their grandparents; they’re calling it they’re “Kids only vacation”, it’s really quite sweet:wub:. I think they’re more excited that I’ll be giving them $20 each to spend while their with grammie and grandpa (who spoil them rotten).

Also they don’t know this, but we’ve planned a trip in December at WL as an early Christmas present to them.

[QUOTE=MickeyEars;855764]So rather than lie to our kids where we were going on our “No Kids” vacation, I sat them down and told them the truth; Mom and Dad are going to WDW…they took it quite well…WHEW! Of course they asked that we bring them something back…we will.
[/QUOTE]

I know just what you went through. We had to tell our kids a few months ago that we were doing an “Adults Only” trip to the world in October. Ours took it pretty well too, and they also want the guilt gifts!!

Your plans sound AMAZING!!! You will have a great time. I wanted to do our Sept trip without DS4, but my DH wants to bring him…

That’s a great idea…see what happens, you might be surprised. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you.

[QUOTE=packerbeth;855797]I don’t think I could skip AK and the Studios, though; I love the thrill rides too much! One of the main reasons we’re doing our grownup trip is so Rick and I can ride those thrill rides together! :slight_smile:

[/QUOTE]

We like the thrill rides too, but we still have our upcoming December trip where both sets of grandparents will be with us, so if one or both of the kids can’t ride or don’t want to ride we’ll still be able to sneak off and get a few in.

Your plans look great!
I can just copy those and use them if my DW and I ever get to go alone someday.

Looks great!! Im glad they took it so well.

Your plans look great! I would probably want to visit all parks on my trip sans kids…we hop all over the place with them, it would be so nice to do it alone again! It’s been a while!

You have a lot of great ADRs and events scheduled! HAVE A BLAST!!!

Wow! How old are your kids. Sometimes kids surprise you.

BTW - August 26th is exactly how I would spend my day if I only had one day in WDW - Epcot has always been our favorite.

Your plans look great. I must admit I am jealous about your no kids trip! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=E&B’s Mom;856097]Wow! How old are your kids. Sometimes kids surprise you.

[/QUOTE]

DS 8 and DD 6. They let me know every few days what they want us to bring them back; our son wants an Indiana Jones Fodora for his Halloween costume and our daughter wants anything Hannah Montana or Princess.

My question is, who will the kids be with while you’re gone?

The kids are probably happy to see you go, anywhere :laugh: if the can have their favorite grandparents to spoil them

Oh my word, I’m excited for you! DH & I would love to go to Disney, just the two of us, but there’s no way we’d hear the end of it at this time in our kids’ lives. We’d have to keep it a secret & that would very difficult. :blink: Can’t wait to read your TR!

looks like you have a good plan. I hope DH and I could do this when we have kids.

I was totally shocked at how well our kids took it…I guess we got lucky THIS time!

My DH asks me everyday when he gets home from work “How many more days?”, it’s too cute. :happy: