Our Oh So Quick but relaxing stay at the Beach Club!

Sorry Iam so late in starting this, for the past 2wks Ive been so busy running around and the past week, so exhausted and not feeling so good! :frown:

I have yet to upload my pics, but I did just load my PP pics. I will start this then hopefully get to uploading my pics and re-sizing.

Cast : Me, Obsessive Disney Planner, Age: 37

Alyssa: Age 11

October 31st - November 7, 2009

Hotel: Beach Club Villas

We started off on a very early start the morning of Halloween, which is very un-like us, we hate early flights and prefer evening flights but because we had off the whole week of school, everybody decided to go to WDW this week which made getting air flights very difficult this year.
We flew out of JFK, an 8:00am flight. I had to take the first flight out because of the Halloween party that nite and I didnt want to take chances of any kind with delays or baggage issues.
So we got up at 4am, got ready and put last minute things in our bags, and our driver (DD’s father) showed up to take us to the airport. He is the only one that really knows his way there since he used to live in Brooklyn/Queens so thats why I asked him. We left my house around 5am and arrived very quickly at JFK at 6:10 or 6:15am. :happy: We went right to the bag drop counter and this I found strange because they make you walk your bag to the conveyor belt after they tag them and put it on yourself! :huh: Thats a new one for me! Maybe they have had problems in past, I dunno. Anyways, after checking our bags and paying for 1, we went to the gate area for breakfast. Now Jet blue has their own brand new terminal at JFK T5 and it was very nice!!! We didnt browse the shops but they had alot, we just went to this cafeteria area for some breakast and sat and waited for our boarding time. When it came time to boarding, we made a stop at the bathrooms and then to the gate. But the flight they were waiting on was late. It was almost 8am when we finally got to board and we took right off! Sitting next to me was a lady with a dog under the seat! I had no idea he was in there, Iam so glad I didnt kick the bag getting to my seat by accident! :eek: She had a bijon, so sweet, and was returning home to Florida.
Our flight was very smooth!!! I just love the personal tv’s and XM radio at every seat! For snack I had 2 bags of cashews! I just :heart: Jet Blue!!!

We landed pretty much on time!
We got our bags, went to the Alamo Kiosk and proceeded to the garage to pick out our car.
Now after 4 or 5years of renting from Alamo, I know where they keep their Mid-size, or Intermediate cars but this year they werent where they were supposed to be so I ran around the garage looking for them, working up a sweat! :blush::laugh: After finding someone to ask, we grabbed a royal blue Toyota Corolla and we were on our way!
Now, this year I brought my GPS with me, but not the little window hook up so I had trouble finding a spot to put it that it would get a signal! :blush: (have to remember to bring that next year!)
We made a pit-stop at Wal-mart along the way, got some bottled waters, juice boxes and paper towels and continued on to the BCV!!!

Did I mention how HOT it was??? It was in the 90’s this day and we couldnt wait to get to the hotel and jump in that beautiful pool!!!

can’t wait to see pics, we’re staying there in May

Can’t wait to hear more!

Sounds like a great start. I hope you fell in love with BCV, especially the awesome pool.

Great start! I can’t wait to see pics!

Awesome! Can’t wait to read/see the rest!

Ok, Iam back! Sorry for my absence but the AMA’s were on last nite and I never made it back online! :blush:

So we arrive at the hotel and ck-in was a breeze! I then headed over to the Concierge desk so I could have my park hopper tickets added to my room key and we were off to find our room!!! :happy: I didnt care what I got just as long as I got a room! I mean it doesnt matter where you are in the Villas anyways!
So, our room # was 328.
We got to the room and were in awe!!! :heart:
So happy to be there, staying at the BCV, that I didnt take notice of our room type right away! :huh:
Our luggage arrive with the bell hop, which I tipped him pretty generously since I didnt have change, I took a few things out to put away, we changed into our bathing suits and then hit Stormalong Bay!!!

And all I have to say is just WOW!:ohmy:, WOW, WOW WOW!!! :cool:
It was everything we dreamed of and more!!! :happy:
I had trouble getting there at first! :laugh: I walked out the door from the lobby, and strolled outside and immediately went right to find our way to the pool but you actually have to walk further out and almost to the “beach” area by the lake to follow the walkway into the first pool area with the big slide!
We grabbed towels (you have to show your room key and then they give you a wristband), and headed to Hurricane Hannah’s for some Lunch as it was about 1:00pm and we hadnt eaten anything since early that morning @ 6am!!! I got some kind of chicken wrap (which I inhaled out of hunger!) and DD got chicken fingers. The only thing I didnt like was that it was hard to obtain a table here and the ducks really bother you while you eat, it kinda freaks DD out. I told her to ignore them, that wouldnt hurt her but she seemed bothered by it.
So after we ate, we found a place to put our things down and jumped in the pool!!! It was so refreshing!!! Being so hot out, we were in swimmers paradise!!! :cool::happy: We musta hit every little pool area, the waterfalls and all! DD even suggested we go through the lazy river but I told her that you needed a tube, and Iam not paying to rent one by the hour! She said we could go in w/o one and that the current will push us along! Well… we came out of there so exhausted because you really have to swim through it, and most of the way, it was 6 -7ft deep!!! So much for a Lazy river!!! I told her whose idea was it to go through the lazy river w/o a tube!!! Lazy river my butt!!!:laugh: After that we made our way to the big slide! I stayed in the pool to wait for her to come down, which seemed to take forever!!! When she came down I asked her how it was and she told me how cool it was, and that the slide actually starts by the beach/lake area and its HUGE! I was intrigued so I went with her to go down again!!! :blink: Umm… hmmm… it was cool, cuz it starts in this pirate ship (which is only 1/2 a ship on beach/lake), and its pretty high up! The tube was enclosed, it bumped my back the whole way down, HUGE Drop, waterfall, then Plunge into the Pool!!! :eek: I had sunglasses on top of my head to protect my contac lenses from the water splashing in the tube, water rushed up my nose, and my bathing suit went up my butt as I was plunged into the water!!! ! :eek::pinch: :pirate: :laugh: It was fun but that was the only time I went down that vicious thing!!! :laugh:

After a few hours in the pool we headed back to the room to shower, and unpack a little for MNSSHP!!!
After our showers though I made a call to the front desk about switching our room! It just wasnt going to work! They told me nothing is available but to try again in the morning…

Stay tuned for pics as I re-size them!

Room Pics!!!
You will see what I mean!

More Room Pics:

And the beautiful view of the private pool on our great big balcony!!!

If you havent figured it out already, they gave us a Handicapped room!!!

Roll in shower, with low bed, and huge balcony and sink area with just that! a sink! The bathroom was nice and big but it just wasnt working for me!!! I need a tub!!! With the seat in there, I had no room to move in there, and when I finally folded it up for room at the end of my shower, nowhere to put my things, except trying to balance on top! LOL Also water ran outside that shower area and there was no room to put my things by the sink!!! :eek::mad::glare: BIG CATASTROPHE!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:
I tried to balance a few things on the little ledge over the sink but they kept falling!!! :angry:

after a very eventful, tragic shower, we got in the car and drove to the MK for MNSSHP!!! :cool: :biggrin:

So we arrive at the MK and the parking attendants were not allowing me to use my Diamond Parking Pass! :frown: We were all the way in the “Happy” section I believe!
We just love Halloween at the MK!
We always see alot of cool, costumes!!!
We must of gotten there between 4-5:00, got our wristband as soon as we entered, our MNSSHP map and treat bag!!! :happy:
We headed right to FL and did Mickey’s Philharmagic, then headed over to Peco’s Bill for some dinner. I got a Taco salad with a carrot cake (for DD), DD go the kids chicken/salad, and she also got some carrots, another side item and desert! My taco salad was so small and I was still hungry afterwards!!! :glare: Meanwhile DD was stuffed!!! I gave her my carrot cake cuz she really wanted it and I think she gave me her desert but I cant remember now but I was annoyed at how small my meal was!!! I dont remember it being like that! We usually book CP or once even LTT before MNSSHP but this year I decided to do a CS and boy did I regret that!!! That was no dinner!!!
We then made our way to Toon Town trick or treating along the way! And I have to say out of all the MNSSHP’s Ive been to this has had to be the worst for candy!!! It was all smarties, taffy’s and those cheap palmer chocolate balls/coins. :blow: (throughout the week I asked others that went that nite too and they said they found some good candy? :confused:)
I was on a mission to hit every candy stop to get some GOOD Candy/Chocolate and Nada!!! So upsetting! :frown: We did Mickey n Minnie’s house then HM (a MUST DO for Halloween nite), IASW and TTA.
We watched Hallowishes, then saw the Parade and then the Villain Mix n Mingle which I got a pic with my fav Villain of all time, MALEFICENT!!! :cool:

It was almost 11pm and DD was SO Exhausted!!! We had been up since 4am and all that swimming and all, we were tired!!!
But it was a very beautiful nite, warm and pleasant, couldnt of asked for better weather!!! :cool::happy: (last year we froze and were both sick!!!)

Some Pics from MNSSHP

DD was a 60s Go Go Girl!!! :laugh:
it was funny b’cuz alot of ppl kept calling her a Hippie and we had to correct them, wrong era!!! LOL

[QUOTE=Val32;1005856]If you havent figured it out already, they gave us a Handicapped room!!!

Roll in shower, with low bed, and huge balcony and sink area with just that! a sink! The bathroom was nice and big but it just wasnt working for me!!! I need a tub!!! With the seat in there, I had no room to move in there, and when I finally folded it up for room at the end of my shower, nowhere to put my things, except trying to balance on top! LOL Also water ran outside that shower area and there was no room to put my things by the sink!!! :eek::mad::glare: BIG CATASTROPHE!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:
I tried to balance a few things on the little ledge over the sink but they kept falling!!! :angry:

after a very eventful, tragic shower, we got in the car and drove to the MK for MNSSHP!!! :cool: :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

We had a HA room this past summer. We checked in around 10:30 pm so we didn’t bother asking to move since all I wanted was to go to bed. Had we been there for more than a few nights I would have paid the cleaning fee to move. The bathroom was huge but it wasn’t easy to use. We did have a regular tub but no closet or counter by the sink for stuff.

Really? They moved us, no fees or anything.

I have to tell you, you were so right about that short walk to Epcot!!!
We could NOT believe how close it was! Just over that little hill and there!
We walked there by accident though! We turned left looking for the boat to get there and we were there!!! :laugh:

Great start to your TR !! I can’t believe how grown-up your DD is looking! I love her costume!!:heart:

[QUOTE=Val32;1005871]Really? They moved us, no fees or anything.

We walked there by accident though! We turned left looking for the boat to get there and we were there!!! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

DVC can charge a cleaning fee if you request to move, they don’t have to but it is an option. For a longer trip I would ask to be moved but we were only there 4 nights so we kept the room.

I’m so happy you liked BC, I was worried you wouldn’t like it.

[QUOTE=Val32;1005871]Really? They moved us, no fees or anything.

We walked there by accident though! We turned left looking for the boat to get there and we were there!!! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

A few years ago, my DD, DGD and I were waiting for a boat from epcot to HS. We waited and waited. An another couple started complaining that they were going to miss their ADR at the beach club. They had NO idea how close it was. With all the waiting, they could have walked back and forth ten times already. Of course, someone told them, and they took off. By the way, the reason we were waiting even though it’s a 20 min walk, there was already a crowd waiting, so we thought a boat would be there in a min and we had a 2 year old with us.

[QUOTE=Val32;1005856]If you havent figured it out already, they gave us a Handicapped room!!!

after a very eventful, tragic shower, we got in the car and drove to the MK for MNSSHP!!! :cool: :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

We once had an handicapped room at POP. Didn’t mind the shower so much, but like you said water all over the place and the faucets dripped. So if you went into the bathroom with socks/ no shoes, you came out with wet socks. :glare:

Your DD was so cute in her costume, and I LOVE the picture of the castle. The sky is perfect in that one!

Awww, Alyssa looks SOOO cute in her costume!