Our "Rockin' Mountain Expedition of Terror" Surprise Trip

I will be officially starting my trip report soon. Just wanted to give you a little tidbit to get you ready…

The Cast:
Me
DH
DS- 12
DD- 10 tomorrow…

This was our first trip back to the World since November 2006. The kiddos were 7 and 4 and too short for most things. This was DD’s first time on ALL of the big rides and she was super nervous before every one of them.
Just a recap before the details… We rode Space Mountain 3 times, Rockin’ Roller Coaster 4 times, Tower of Terror 5 times and Expedition Everest 3 times. :happy:

I have to start on DD’s 2 tiered zebra and hot pink birthday cake (which I have never done before:eek:) so I will get to the good stuff later on!

[QUOTE=MICKEYMom;1105110]I will be officially starting my trip report soon. Just wanted to give you a little tidbit to get you ready…

The Cast:
Me
DH
DS- 12
DD- 10 tomorrow…

This was our first trip back to the World since November 2006. The kiddos were 7 and 4 and too short for most things. This was DD’s first time on ALL of the big rides and she was super nervous before every one of them.
Just a recap before the details… We rode Space Mountain 3 times, Rockin’ Roller Coaster 4 times, Tower of Terror 5 times and Expedition Everest 3 times. :happy:

I have to start on DD’s 2 tiered zebra and hot pink birthday cake (which I have never done before:eek:) so I will get to the good stuff later on![/QUOTE]

Oooo…already sounds great! I can’t get my kids past the word “Terror” to even consider the Tower.

Just call it the tower of TEAR ( like tear a piece of paper), like my daughter did for years. We still call it that, and she knows better.

Can;t wait for the TR

Great start! I can’t wait to read more!

I can’t wait to hear all about it! And while you are at it, let’s see a photo of that cake!

We need details! ! !

It is really fun the first time one of the kids rides a “big” ride. DD2 freaked out the first time she got into R&RCoaster so we had to get off. Next time she finally made it and then made me ride 3 more times with her ! ! !

IT WAS GREAT

-Harry

I can’t wait to hear all Erin, and I’d love to see a photo of that fabulous sounding birthday cake too!

oh no, she has disappeared :crying:

MICKEYMom, where are you???

We are waiting for our TR fix,COME BACK!!!

Come back, I NEED your TR! :slight_smile:

Was it something I said?

Please come back…

Shortest tr ever.

[QUOTE=MICKEYMom;1105110]I will be officially starting my trip report soon. Just wanted to give you a little tidbit to get you ready…

The Cast:
Me
DH
DS- 12
DD- 10 tomorrow…

I have to start on DD’s 2 tiered zebra and hot pink birthday cake (which I have never done before:eek:) so I will get to the good stuff later on![/QUOTE]

Can’t wait to hear more about your trip. Sounds a lot like our trip. We just went in Sept 2011 and it had been 6 years for us too and my kids were DD 10 and DS 7. Its great to be able to go on the thrill rides with the kids.
Ps Happy Birthday DD

[QUOTE=Dopey;1106272]oh no, she has disappeared :crying:[/QUOTE

I’m here I’m here!!! I’m just SWAMPED!!! :pinch:
We had the rest of Spring Break…A birthday Party, a week to adjust and now my sisters are all here with their families. I have 8 extra people staying in my house this week! 3 of them are toddlers. :eek: They have all taken off for the day to visit my grandpa 3 hours away so I may be able to get started on it! I promise I haven’t forgotten about y’all!!! :wub:

Here is the cake… Not quite perfect, but it was a big hit. It was my first time decorating a cake to this level. I love to bake and cook but I don’t think I’ll be doing this again!

That’s a beautiful cake! I always do the same thing–get really excited about it, and afterwords say I am never doing it again! I think you should stay with it!

[QUOTE=MICKEYMom;1106552][QUOTE=Dopey;1106272]oh no, she has disappeared :crying:[/QUOTE

I’m here I’m here!!! I’m just SWAMPED!!! :pinch:
We had the rest of Spring Break…A birthday Party, a week to adjust and now my sisters are all here with their families. I have 8 extra people staying in my house this week! 3 of them are toddlers. :eek: They have all taken off for the day to visit my grandpa 3 hours away so I may be able to get started on it! I promise I haven’t forgotten about y’all!!! :wub:[/QUOTE]

excuses, excuses. On with the show (please) :happy:

That’s a beautiful cake, how come you wouldn’t do it again?

Did you do the piping? If so I am very impressed.

I am ok with frosting or fondant but never was able to master the pastry bag.
However, give me a gallon of Bondo and I can make your car look like the Batmobile@!

-Harry

Cool cake. Very cool!!

Now carry on with the TR, please. :happy: