Our sept not free dining plans

Since everyone else is talking food, I thought I’d jump in too.:happy: We are staying at a studio, standard view at BWV for 10 nights. We are not doing the dining plan. We do have the DDE card. So here are our meals.

Sept 15 dinner mexico Although a lot of people don’t care for mexico, we went twice in the last yr and really liked it.

Sept 16 Ohana 5:45 This is the ADR I called for about a million times and they only had 9 ish.

Sept 17 no TS

Sept 18 dinner at trails end

Sept 19 nothing planned but might try for a walk up late lunch at germany…see next day

Sept 20 early breakfast at Cape May…late lunch at germany. If we can get lunch on Friday, we’ll drop this meal.

Sept 21 dinner at Cape May…

Sept 22 no TS planned

Sept 23 lunch at Le Cellier

Sept 24 nothing planned

Sept 25 nothing planned going home late afternoon

On any given non-TS day, we may try Beaches and Cream. I think it will be a “let’s check it out, but I don’t want to wait an hour” type thing.

Aside from Cape May, all breakfasts will be at the villa. This is one of the reasons to buy into DVC, being able to do a basic breakfast in the room. (remember the sandwich maker/ egg wrap thread)

I told my DH, I sort of like not having any meals planned the last few days. That way we can hit whatever park we want and not feel like we have to leave for a ADR. Last oct we did the dining plan and didn’t really like have a TS everyday. One night DH got sick, so we did 2 TS the next day. That was even worse. We felt like we spent half the day eating and /or waiting/traveling to the meal. Sometimes it takes longer to travel/wait for a meal than it takes for the meal itself.

Any thoughts? And what do you all think about CS at Japen? We were looking at the menu the other day.

I am one of those people that just likes to wait and see what I feel like eating that day. You have so many great options.

I liked Japan’s CS, but it has a lot of steps.

What a cute avatar, btw!

[QUOTE=nanu57v;869843]I liked Japan’s CS, but it has a lot of steps.

What a cute avatar, btw![/QUOTE]

yes, that’s my DGD. She is so cute, too bad she doesn’t take after her mother…:laugh::laugh::laugh:

For those who don’t know, Nanu57v is my DD.

We actually really like Mexico. Our food has always been good. I really love the atmosphere there. It is really like being in Mexico. Have a great time on your trip!

[QUOTE=jo-jo;869810]Since everyone else is talking food, I thought I’d jump in too.:happy: We are staying at a studio, standard view at BWV for 10 nights. We are not doing the dining plan. We do have the DDE card. So here are our meals.

Sept 19 nothing planned but might try for a walk up late lunch at germany…see next day

[/QUOTE]

Your places sound awesome!

2 Questions:

1. Why didn’t you do free dining anyway?

2. Um, you should have the Illuminations Meet planned for the 19th. :whistling

Lisa

I believe that DVC owners staying on their points can not get free dining.

Yep, that’s true. Staying on points, no free dining.

Oh, I didn’t know that.

Thanks.

Lisa

[QUOTE=lisalovesmickey;869998]Your places sound awesome!

2 Questions:

1. Why didn’t you do free dining anyway?

2. Um, you should have the Illuminations Meet planned for the 19th. :whistling

Lisa[/QUOTE]

1 - As others had said, using DVC points, no free dining. If we had done free dining, we would have gone for a value resort. And since we are staying at boardwalk, we are spoiled at the thought of being able to walk to two parks

2- I didn’t want to commit to the meet because even though I plan our days, once we get there, it almost always changes. Buuuuuuuut I might wander around looking for a group of unruly people all wearing red mickey heads.:ph34r::whistling

[QUOTE=jo-jo;870071]1 - As others had said, using DVC points, no free dining. If we had done free dining, we would have gone for a value resort. And since we are staying at boardwalk, we are spoiled at the thought of being able to walk to two parks

2- I didn’t want to commit to the meet because even though I plan our days, once we get there, it almost always changes. Buuuuuuuut I might wander around looking for a group of unruly people all wearing red mickey heads.:ph34r::whistling[/QUOTE]

1. That does make complete sence to me. I was not aware of the points = no free dining.

2. I understand. If you want more info on the meet then check out the new thread in The Mouse Trap.

Have a great trip! Hope to meet you!

Lisa

I think your plans look fine as is. You have good meals planned and those plans are flexible…that will enable you to do lots of spontaneous CS…

And for us, even eating at a CS is a good thing. At home we get pizza maybe once a month and Mcdonald’s etc. a few times a yr. So as long as I’m not cooking and cleaning up, I’m good. Plus Disney’s CS are not hamburgers, hamburgers, or hamburgers any more. If you look, you can find lots of different foods.

Sounds like a great plan…you will post photos of BWV when you return??

I will be in serious PDD by then!

[QUOTE=cowanfamily;870380]Sounds like a great plan…you will post photos of BWV when you return??

I will be in serious PDD by then![/QUOTE]

Only if I get hit on the head and become a computer whiz. I have never figured out how to post pictures. Did you notice my countdown? I don’t have one, and even though I did it once, I couldn’t figure it out 6 months later.:confused::confused: I do plan to take a bunch of pictures to carry me since our next trip won’t be for 15 months, but posting pictures, that’s a different story. But you never know, I may find a few brain cells that still work.

jo-jo, I’m the same way. I made a copy of instructions on how to post pictures and I still can’t figure it out. :wacko: Because of that reason, I never write a tr. You’re dining plans look perfect. We always leave days open so we can eat where ever we have a taste for.