Our Tinkriffic Disneyland Trip!

Hi everyone! After a bit of rest, I am ready to share! Our trip was wonderful, when we were in California!! The rest, nerve-wracking to be sure. It started on February 29, the day before we were scheduled to fly out of Boston. We were getting a snowstorm that I knew would dump at least 8 inches where I live (the western part of the state) so I decided that Rachel (DD) and I would drive out to a cheap hotel (read: Motel 6) close to Boston, in Braintree, to get a few hours of sleep before we had to park our car in the Thrifty parking lot near Logan and get a shuttle to the airport for our 6 am flight. Rachel slept on the way there. Well, I was pretty tuckered out already, as it took an extra hour to get near where the hotel was supposed to be. I woke Rachel up to help me by reading the directions. Got mixed up and took another 1/2 hour to find it. So, got 2 hours sleep. But, we got to the Thrifty lot (by accident!), and to Logan, just in time…they wanted us to load early as they had to de-ice the plane. There wasn’t much snow in Boston, though, thankfully. And, about 20 minutes later, we were on our way!!:mickey:

So, we made our connecting flight in Atlanta just barely…literally ran from one end of the lonnnnnnnnnng hallway to the other…and to our gate in time to hear them say “last call for boarding flight 55 to Los Angeles” we were soooooooo glad we got there on time.

Our flight arrived in Los Angeles about 40 minutes early:minnie: We caught the shuttle bus to take us to the Disneyland Hotel. LOVE the Disneyland Hotel!!

Yikes…can’t imgine how fast you all were running to catch that connecting flight. Glad you made it. I can’t wait to hear more about your trip and see some pictures!

Welcome Home!!

Disneyland hotel picture

another one!

I have many more pics, and I think I have caught on how to post them. We got to the Disneyland Hotel at around 1:00. I will share more about our first day tomorrow…going to catch up on some sleep! The first picture is of the big hat (mini-MGM (oops…Disney Studios) size). The second is on the wall in our bedroom and DD is such a big Tink fan so she was thrilled! Go, Pixie Dust!

Glad to hear you enjoyed the Disneyland Hotel… :mickey:

Ooohh a Disneyland TR…can’t wait!

Looking forward to reading more and seeing more pics- welcome home.

Oooh, a Disneyland TR, can’t wait to read it all!

Thanks everyone!
Wanted to give a little background about me and my Disney love. I went to Disneyworld for the first time in 1987 with my ex-DH and fell in love. Didn’t get to Epcot or even back to Florida until 2003. I have been there about 5 times since that 2003 trip. I have stayed at ASMovies, POR, FW (cabin) and even went on a 3 day Disney Cruise! I love it all…each park has it’s own special qualities and rides. It is such a great escape…definitely a world all it’s own. So magical! I, like other fellow MBers, found myself comparing Disneyland to Disneyworld throughout this trip…I think that is a natural reaction. I love them both dearly! Disneyland, as has been mentioned, is definitely more intimate…we could walk from our room at the DL Hotel THROUGH DTDisney, and then choose…left Disneyland, right, CAdventure. I loved that!! I also love the expansive choices of Disneyworld. I love that Disneyland is where it all began and I deliberately sought out remnants from that time. I will share more, and pics too, when I get home from work later. Hope all are having a great day!!

I can’t wait to hear more. I love DL TR’s because I have never been there and I love to hear all about it.

Can’t wait for more pics.

I can’t wait to hear the rest.

Lisa :mickey:

I can’t wait to hear more about your trip.

more DLand Hotel pics: this one is of a part of a bulletin board full of Disneyland memoribilia!

Me too . . . I just got the planning DVD for Disneyland in the mail today . . . I really want to go!!! :mickey:

I still need to resize the pic…will do so tomorrow.
After we arrived, we walked through DTD and turned left to Disneyland. I was delighted to see the similarities between DL and DW such as the train station, the pathways leading inside, the hub area at the front end of Main Street, the DL city hall. I was even more entranced with the differences. I felt the aura of Walt when I looked upstairs at the Fire Dept. building where the light burns continuously in his apartment there. It seemed to me the buildings lining Main Street were smaller than at DW…was that my imagination? Our first ride was in the old fashioned firetruck down to Sleeping Beauty castle. And when I saw it I loved it. But it certainly surprised me as it is not as big as Cinderella’s…but charming and so special to see. All I saw that Walt had a hand in felt very special to me.
Well, we headed over to Adventureland to Bengals BBQ (thanks for the food suggestions!) the bacon wrapped asparagus was delish! Then, time to hit some rides. We focused on a few…Pinnochio, Snow White, Mr. Toad (yay!), Autopia, and the Matterhorn…loved it! DD closed her eyes…doesn’t like the Abominable Snowman. I always scream on fast rides, she only screams if she is scared of something…or she closes her eyes.
After these rides, we headed to the hotel to get ready for supper at Goofy’s Kitchen. Loved it! We saw some traditional characters, but also a couple we weren’t expecting…Alice, Brer Fox, and Mulan.
After supper we did a little shopping in the Fantasia store at the hotel. We started to peter out at this point so went to rest and quickly fell asleep.

Day 2 and more pics tomorrow!

Oh, DD and I also shared a Dole Pineapple whip the first day. Yum!

And I’m sure you’ll read this phrase a lot in this TR… loved it!