Our Trip

October 7-17th 2010, Port Orleans Riverside, Magnolia Terrace Building. 2 adults, 2 children 1.5 and 3 yrs old.

This would be our first time back to disney since 2006 with our new family. I proposed to my wife down in Disney and had our honeymoon there as well. Our oldest was turning 3 during our trip so we figured why not celebrate it.

Used magical express which worked great and from landing at the airport and getting to the resort only took about an hour. We did get our room right away but had some issues with the room. We are sad to say that our room was kind of on the gross side and had to request another room. We did get a new room in the same building and had some more of the same issues, and actually cleaned a lot ourselves and left a note for housekeeping to take care of another problem which they did. Grounds there are still as beautiful as I remember, and just made our trip that much better.

First day we took the boat from the resort to downtown to eat at Planet Hollywood, then walked around and took the boat back. During our stay we ate at Planet Hollywood, Via Napoli, Coral Reef, Boatwrights, Ohanas, Crystal Palace (birthday) :happy: Tusker House, some other places at the Wine and Food Festival at Epcot. I would have to say that Ohanas was our best and fun character breakfast. Lilo and Stich both were all over my kids and just seeing how happy they were brought tears to my eyes (I know how cheesy??) Via Napoli and Coral Reef took almost 2 hours each… arrgh… a little long for us, but the food was good.

Anyways everything was perfect except for some minor hiccups, but what can I say we had a blast and have some great memories that hopefully our oldest might possibly remember… We are starting to plan our next trip down to Disney in 2012 at the Polynesian. My parents couldn’t go this time since my grandfather (moms dad) was not doing well and actually passed away 3 days before were to come home. It was hard to hear the news being so far away, but was a blessing that he is no longer suffering. My parents were sad that they missed their grandsons b-day, but are on board to come with us next time. We decided not to fly, so driving 22 hours will be an experience, but it’s nice to have your own car on certain days at the parks…

If anyone here is planning a trip and has some of our stops on your vacation, feel free to ask questions so maybe I can help out. Thanks for reading…

PS: Used mousketrips for a lot of our vacations… HIGHLY recommended…

My condolences on the loss of your grandfather. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your trip.

I’m sorry about your grandfather. I am sure it was hard to hear from so far away. I’m glad you were able to still have a good vacation, though.

Thank you all for the kind words and messages, it’s nice to know that there are a lot of kind hearted people out there…

Sorry to hear about your Grandfather, but I’m glad you enjoyed your stay at Disney.

So sorry to hear about your grandfather. I’m glad on the whole though the rest of your trip was great.
I always use Mouseketrips, aren’t they just wonderful? Wouldn’t use anyone else.

very sorry about your grandfather/… I would love your opinion/ information on via napoli we are going in nov.

I am sorry about your grandfather. Glad that you were able to return to the place where the magic started.