Our two new favorite WDW restaurants

This is from our trip from 11/8-22 of 2009…

Olivia’s @ OKW…not a new restaurant, per se, but new to os this past trip…laid back atmosphere, good food, fun service…would do it again in a second.

The Wave…I’d describe it as somewhat casual/elegant, with great food and equally great service…will certainly be on our return trip in November of 2010!

One place that just didn’t cut it for me was Kouzzina…food was ok, service was ok, atmosphere was ok. I wanted a little more than OK.

Kind of kicking myself a tad for not trying Olivia’s sooner…oh well…at least now I know!!

Tell me a little bit more about Wave. I know the last time I made ressys online it kept suggesting that one to me. I really dont know anything about it so I kept passing on it.

It is a must do… I had a cinnamon apple pork loin that was AMAZING when we went in May.

Just everything about that meal was good!!

Our Aunt and Uncle ate at the Wave on their trip this past Dec and raved about it. They are fussy people and hard to impress so it must be good! We haven’t tried it yet but it’s on our “to do” list for our next vacation, Dec 2010.

During our December stay at BLT, we ended up eating at The Wave several times for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Each time was very nice!

OMG, you totally just read my mind! Olivia’s & The Wave are two of our “new found” favorites at WDW. LOOOOOOVE both of them!

Thanks guys, for the feedback. It looks like The Wave will be on out list on our next trip.

I still have to try these!! :happy:

I agree with the Oliva’s pick,it’s really under rated. The first time we ever visited WDW, OKW was our resort, we loved it. We ate a Olivia’s almost every day–I know what your all thinking :redface: --we’ve learned a TON in a short time!
The prime rib dinner is superb! And it’s not very busy, for the most part.

I stayed at OKW last May and we decided to change an ADR to Olivia’s to make it more of a relaxing day to catch DME. Overall, the food was a plesant surprise… the Buffalo Chicken soup was so good we asked for the recipie! The chef came out and spoke with us… it was a great expierence.

My only issue was the theme for this restaurant requires a laid-back, go-with-the-flow atmosphere making the service a bit slower than we anticipated… but overall an enjoyable selection.

The Wave does seem like a popular suggestion when making online ADR’s so thanks for the heads-up on the place!

where is the Wave again? I can’t say I have heard of it? Sounds great though-thanks for the reviews

Hey Polly! It’s in the Contemporary Hotel.

At first, my wife and I had thought the Wave had taken the spot that once held the Concourse Steak House…once we actually found the place, we were good to go!

Definitely a must-try!

[QUOTE=jerseymouse;1010617]This is from our trip from 11/8-22 of 2009…

Olivia’s @ OKW…not a new restaurant, per se, but new to os this past trip…laid back atmosphere, good food, fun service…would do it again in a second.

The Wave…I’d describe it as somewhat casual/elegant, with great food and equally great service…will certainly be on our return trip in November of 2010!

One place that just didn’t cut it for me was Kouzzina…food was ok, service was ok, atmosphere was ok. I wanted a little more than OK.

Kind of kicking myself a tad for not trying Olivia’s sooner…oh well…at least now I know!![/QUOTE]

WELCOME to Mouse Buzz fellow New Jersian!

Olivia’s was a surprise for us as well. The food was very pleasing and the staff was right on. They understood the adults trying to dine with kids thing. Our server was so great that we actually left him an almost 50% tip. He actually followed us outside thinking we made a mistake.

Kouzzina we tried for breakfast when then just opened. My only complaint was the hyped up coffee everyone was bragging about. I didn’t really care for it. Our favorite though is still Narcossee’s

Thank you my lovely :happy: I was getting a headache trying to think of where it was Christine! LOL

We’ve loved Olivia’s for years - our picture is up there on the wall some place…Olivia’s is family.:happy: Can’t wait to try the Wave.

The Wave is downstairs at the Contemporary where the game room/snack bar used to be.