Out of curiosity, which of these cabins would you choose?

If you were going on Disney’s new “Dream” ship and you only had the choice between these two cabins which would you choose & why?

1: Inside cabin on decks 5-7

2: Oceanview cabin on deck 2

Yay, my fav subject.

Either of these would be great. On the Dream they have the virtual porhole which looks really fun. We are booked in that type room (Cat 11 -deck 2) for our 2011 cruise.

The Ocean view is nice to have. If it were on the Magic I would say go for the oceanview on deck 2. That is what we had cruising on the Magic our first cruise.

But, since it is the Dream and a shorter cruise I would say save the money and do the inside cabin. The location will be nice and having it be your first Disney Cruise and on a new ship, no less, you will not spend much time in your room.

I hope you really do go some day.

We’re looking to book the June 26th, 2011 “Dream” cruise. :biggrin: We shall see!

Thanks for the advice! What are these virtual portholes all about?

, the inside staterooms aboard the Disney Dream will be equipped with a “Virtual Porthole.” Which will be a round LCD display mounted on the wall and framed to look like a real porthole. Video for this Virtual Porthole will be supplied by several real-time cameras located along the exterior of the ship. These cameras are synchronized with the portholes to which they feed video – the Virtual Portholes towards the front of the craft will display video from the forward cameras while those at the rear of the ship will show video from the aft cameras. But the big buzz associated with the Virtual Portholes comes from the extra-special feature that DCL has added. In addition to that live, location-specific video, at random intervals, various Disney characters will make appearances on your Virtual Porthole.

YouTube - Virtual Porthole - Disney Cruise Line

That is pretty cool. I would take an inside room just for that!

I am always a fan of inside cabins!! The darkness is great for sleeping at any time of the day and they are always cheaper!!

[QUOTE=jk8;1010667], the inside staterooms aboard the Disney Dream will be equipped with a “Virtual Porthole.” Which will be a round LCD display mounted on the wall and framed to look like a real porthole. Video for this Virtual Porthole will be supplied by several real-time cameras located along the exterior of the ship. These cameras are synchronized with the portholes to which they feed video – the Virtual Portholes towards the front of the craft will display video from the forward cameras while those at the rear of the ship will show video from the aft cameras. But the big buzz associated with the Virtual Portholes comes from the extra-special feature that DCL has added. In addition to that live, location-specific video, at random intervals, various Disney characters will make appearances on your Virtual Porthole.

YouTube - Virtual Porthole - Disney Cruise Line[/QUOTE]

I think I love it! :tongue: Thanks for that info!

The inside cabin because of the virtual porthole. That is what we picked for our cruise.

Which cruise are you doing?

September 15-18,2011

I think they just sold the inside to me… That virtual porthole does sound pretty awesome…

[QUOTE=jk8;1010667], the inside staterooms aboard the Disney Dream will be equipped with a “Virtual Porthole.” Which will be a round LCD display mounted on the wall and framed to look like a real porthole. Video for this Virtual Porthole will be supplied by several real-time cameras located along the exterior of the ship. These cameras are synchronized with the portholes to which they feed video – the Virtual Portholes towards the front of the craft will display video from the forward cameras while those at the rear of the ship will show video from the aft cameras. But the big buzz associated with the Virtual Portholes comes from the extra-special feature that DCL has added. In addition to that live, location-specific video, at random intervals, various Disney characters will make appearances on your Virtual Porthole.

YouTube - Virtual Porthole - Disney Cruise Line[/QUOTE]

Wow, that’s really really cool! Wish I would have to choose the Oceanview Cabin. I’m a water person so there is nothing like the real thing.

I love that virtual porthole!! How cute!:laugh:

The virtual porthole sounds like a great idea! But, personally, I need to be able to look outside.

I’ve stayed in an inside cabin once before and it didn’t really bother me except I couldn’t tell the time of day. I’d wake up and it would be pitch black, so I’d go back to sleep… until late in the morning! The virtual porthole sounds cool and would tell you the time of day, but I don’t know if the virtual sun would have the same wake-up effect. :laugh: I think the inside cabin is a good choice, and the higher deck keeps you closer to the action.

I have a family of 5 so I always have to get the family cabin w/verandah. I don’t think the cabin is really bigger, but it’s the one they say I have to get. When I saw the promos for the virtual porthole it made me want to leave some of the kids home LOL. But having a balcony is great, I am torn. I wanted to sail on the Dream, but since we have cruised to the Bahamas a few times and twice will be with Disney, I didn’t want to do the same itinerary. But maybe for Disney I will make an exception:laugh:

Neither. I’ve GOT to have a balcony. I guess the oceanview would be ok, but the balcony really makes the cruise IMHO.

I’d love a balcony but on a Disney cruise it’s just too expensive for me. We’re doing a balcony on our Alaska criuse with Carnival but it’s like a fraction of the price. Not to mention that I CANNOT do a Disney Cruise during the off season; trust me, If I was able to do so I’d definately get a balcony then. As far as high season & holiday travel goes I am really backed into a corner choosing either an inside cabin or the lower deck ocean view.

I agree they are expensive, but I book on discount sites and the price is almost half off. travelocity, expedia etc

I did look for this specific cruise on Orbitz & Travelocity and there wasn’t much of a difference at all, maybe $100. I think it’s maybe because it’s high season & still far off?