Out of the loop, need suggestions!

Hi guys!

Sorry I haven’t logged on in 3 years. Pete and I are going to WDW for our 8th(!) wedding anniversary next month and we want to have a decent dinner, but are on a serious budget. Suggestions?

How serious is the budget, and what kind of atmosphere are you looking for? characters? Quiet? rowdy? In the parks??? I am thinking…

Well, I wanted to do something like Le Cellier or Chefs de France, etc., but can’t justify dropping over $100.00 on one meal anymore. So I was hoping to do sit-down (not character dining) without busting the bank…

Kona cafe’ is really good. It is in the Poly. It’s not super expensive. It is really good food and nice desserts. If you are looking at a buffet, we love Boma. So much to choose from and excellent dessert. I know alot of the nicer restaurants are a bit on the pricey side. I am sure someone else may know more than me. I have kids so I gear it more towards them.

How wonderful to hear from you Jenny! I hope everything is going well. Can’t believe you’ve been married 8 years!! Wow!

We had a really nice dinner at Wolfgang Puck Cafe (downstairs) last year. It was pretty reasonable (Disney-wise) and a nice atmosphere.

The Turf Club at Saratoga Springs Resort is a beautiful setting on the golf course, has good food and is very low-key.

[QUOTE=llama;1088520]How wonderful to hear from you Jenny! I hope everything is going well. Can’t believe you’ve been married 8 years!! Wow!

We had a really nice dinner at Wolfgang Puck Cafe (downstairs) last year. It was pretty reasonable (Disney-wise) and a nice atmosphere.

The Turf Club at Saratoga Springs Resort is a beautiful setting on the golf course, has good food and is very low-key.[/QUOTE]

Oh yes, Wolf Gang Puck Cafe’ is great. I also ate at Turf Club too. The food had great flavor but they temperature was horrible. We had to send it back 2 times and they still did not get it right. It was luke warm at best.

Hey Jenny! Good to see you around these parts.

I vote for Kona Cafe as well. After dinner get a drink and enjoy it on the Poly beach. If you time it right you can watch the water parade and fire works.

THink about Narcoossee’s at the GF. If you book a table around the time Fireworks are scheduled you can watch them from the deck.

Narcoossee’s is kinda “pricey”.

If you like Mexican food, then I would recommend making an ADR approximately 45 min to an hour before Illuminations at La Hacienda de San Angel in the Mexico pavilion.

The decor is fantastic and the food is excellent. I usually recommend this restaurant to everyone and a client of mine is in WDW right now and he texted me Tuesday thanking me for the heads up. They loved everything about the place…

I would go with the “La Hacienda”. It serves two people and (according to All Ears) its a Mixed grill offering flank steak, chicken al pastor, chorizo and vegetables, served with beans and fresh salsas for $49.95. Trust me, you do NOT need an appetizer. My GF and I can EAT so we went with an appy before the “La Hacienda”, and we could not even eat half of the dinner.

If you do not drink alcohol, then this is probably the way to go without busting the bank. You will have a stellar view of Illumination near the end of your dinner, as I mentioned the decor is excellent, the service is fantastic and the food is scrumptious.

Whatever you choose, have a fantastic time and congrats on your 8th Anniversary!

I don’t really have anymore suggestions than what has already been stated here. I just wanted to say good to hear from you!

[QUOTE=llama;1088520]How wonderful to hear from you Jenny! I hope everything is going well. Can’t believe you’ve been married 8 years!! Wow!

The Turf Club at Saratoga Springs Resort is a beautiful setting on the golf course, has good food and is very low-key.[/QUOTE]

I agree with Wolfgang. We had a terrific meal there, and they sat us right by the window looking out over the water. :wub: Enjoy, and Happy Anniversary.

I vote for Kona Cafe as well. I like the idea of timing it so that you can watch the fireworks and water parade from the beach after dinner. :slight_smile:

Alternately, there’s the Grand Floridian Cafe in the GF’s main building.
So long as you finish eating 10 minutes before fireworks, you’re there (either Narcoossee’s deck or the GF’s dock).

There’s always Tutto Italia, though that can get pricey as well.
There’s Tokyo Dining if you want sushi.
Nothing wrong with celebrating at CP though Boma might be a less frenzied option if you want a buffet.
It’s a shame that Concourse Steakhouse is gone but take a look at The Wave’s menu.
Others point out Kona Cafe, which is good.
Same for Wolfgang Puck’s Cafe. WP also has an upstairs dining room with a different menu and slightly elevated prices. This is a more intimate setting.
Consider Fulton’s as well, though again, check menu prices.

As for us, we usually do our special meals at signature restaurants, usually Cali Grill and Narc’s followed by Flying Fish. But they are budget busters most of the time.:crying:

Thanks for all of the great suggestions, everyone. I will take this back to Pete and see what he wants to do. :slight_smile:

I don’t think she wants to pay that much for dinner :cool:

Congratulations on your Anniversary! My family and I were at WDW in May and went to the GF Cafe. It was beautiful and very good food wise, but it was a bit pricey. Not as much as Le Cellier. You may want to check out the prices and menu on Allears.net If you are looking to cut costs you might want to think about a buffet. If you like GF you could do 1900 Park Fare, and CP in Magic Kingdom is also a special place.

Might look into Sanaa. Nice dining room, unique food, affordable.

I noted that you live in St Petes.
Swan/Dolphin usually have “specials” for Florida residents.
We used to live in St Petes and would use their Florida Resident discount for rooms. Amazing rates.
They may have special Anniversary packages where you can get rooms plus food credits to their restaurants. We’ve eaten at all of them and love them all. Call them.They may have more then noted below.

Walt Disney World Resorts | Orlando Vacations | Disney Hotels

Shula’s has a Team Shula special for birthdays. Not sure about anniversary’s. Birthday special is literally buy a steak and get one free. They aren’t cheap, but at buy one get one free, it’s hard to beat.

Login

Check too at the new Bonnet Creek Hilton. They may have similar specials. Gorgeous resort.

Hotels in Orlando-Hotel near Disney World, Walt Disney World Resort, Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek

Hope this helps.

Frank

BTW, if your trip is 7 or 8 Oct… if that’s when you are celebrating, look into the Swan/Dolphin Food & Wine festival. Don’t have to stay there to enjoy there. $ 65/person, all you can eat. 5-9 pm. Went last year. had a ball. All the restaurants are represented.
Check out the pics from last year on the web site.

Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Annual Food and Wine Classic

Here’s the Menu:

Menu Announced for the Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic! | the disney food blog

Frank