Over 21; Ohana

So what’s a good drink at Ohana’s? That’s our ADR for our first night there on our Girls Trip. It is much needed for all of us. Just wondering what are good drinks that people have enjoyed there? I especially like fruity drinks.

I like the Lapu Lapu but it’s so strong I don’t order it often.

The last couple of years I’ve enjoyed the Island Sunset–yummy!!

Great question! I’m not having dinner at O’Hana, but we’re staying at the Poly. Do they have a bar there with any good tropical drinks?

There’s a lounge right next to 'Ohana and Kona Cafe that has a nice selection of drinks and a full bar. Seating is hit or miss depending on how busy the restaurants are. There is also a bar by the pool that has drinks.

I’d have to go with the Lapu Lapu. Yes, it’s a little strong, but oh so good. Besides it goes with the atmosphere being in a pineapple and everything.

Thanks for the help. I’m ussually with children so I’m real excited about having a built in designated driver at Disney and not having to worry about kids. Not that I want to get hammered but it’s a girls trip so we’ll definetly have a few. I’ll have to try both the drinks. I’ll try to one not so strong first then go for the Lapu Lapu second. I have to work my way up to a strong drink.
We’re staying at YC and 1 night at VWL, and suggestions for those places?

We love the lounges at both YC and WL but I don’t have a favorite drink at either one, I mix it up depending on my mood. I’m thinking I sound like a lush…but we enjoy having a drink or three while on vacation. We loved the young bartender at YC, we spent a couple of hours getting to know him in June. We were the only ones in there that afternoon so we had a nice chat. There is also a lounge at BC that’s about the same as the one at YC. The only time I’ve seen then busy was on Christmas eve and we still managed to get a table for 6 with no trouble.

See if they still have Glowtinis! They look so fun!

Its been mentioned, but I second (or third or fourth) the drink in the pineapple. But beware, its big and strong! I’m not much of a drinker, but I had to get it because its in a pineapple!

Great idea MissDisney. I almost forgot about the YoAMD official drink. They look so yummy.

I am a fan of the Lapu Lapu, nothing like a whole fruity drink served in the core of a real pineapple. I don’t have to remind everyone here how much of a pineapple fan I am, do I? :laugh:

PS: the drink that’s served with a backscratcher was pretty yummy too. I had both at one sitting and I was still fine the rest of the evening. :laugh:

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;868132]

PS: the drink that’s served with a backscratcher was pretty yummy too. I had both at one sitting and I was still fine the rest of the evening. :laugh:[/QUOTE]

The backscratcher is another strong drink but it’s also good.

If going to Ohanas’, it has to be a Lapu Lapu. They are just the best. Served in the pineapple the way they do it is just the best! I will be having them in about 35 days!

DH loves the Lapu Lapu. I am a Mai Tai fan and the Poly has a really good Mai Tai!

Time is ticking away! I can’t wait until we get there. Maybe what we’ll do is get 1 each, the Lupa Lupa, the Island Sunset, the backstratcher and the Mai Tai. All the suggestions can be tasted on 1 round for each and that way we can all choose our second as the one we liked best. Thanks so much for everyones help! 1 day to do laundry and the next to work then we’re off!

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;867978]I like the Lapu Lapu but it’s so strong I don’t order it often.

The last couple of years I’ve enjoyed the Island Sunset–yummy!![/QUOTE]

I agree, Lapu Lapu is a great drink, but it goes down so easy, it will catch up with you in a hurry!!!

No way do I remember any names of drinks. Except the Lapu Lapu…it’s famous here on MB! :laugh:

Starting to get nervous about flying and having everything I need. Maybe I’ll need one of those drinks before I leave.
I forgot someone mentioned the glowtini, anyone had that? All the martini’s I’ve trid I haven’t liked. Just curious if that’s any different or just like others. I’m not a wine or champainge person either. But if someone can convince me, I’ll try it.

Oh, when my brother and I went, I just went for the tropical drinks. You can get a beer anywhere, but a drink served in a pineapple? That’s another story.