Owner's Locker

We are about a month away from our trip & I still can’t decide whether to join Owner’s Locker or not. It’s $99/year, and one delivery per year is free. If you take an additional trip in the year it’s $25./per delivery. I learned about Owner’s Locker from Allears so I know I get a discount on the registration fee (normally $75., with Allears discount it’s only $25.)

I just can’t decide if it’s worth it or not.

We prefer to travel carry-on only but sometimes on bigger trips checking baggage in unavoidable.

In the locker I’d probably keep… 2 beach towels, full size sunblock & full size liquid toiletries, bathing suit, some clothes I only wear in Disney, Croc sandals that I only wear in Disney, possibly an extra duffle bag for those times when you buy too much & need an extra carry-on, some trader pins, and some other odds & ends.

If we take 2-3 trips per year I still can’t decide if it would be worth $125.-$150. a year to store a bunch of odds & ends.

The convenience seems awesome & I wouldn’t have to worry about full-sized liquids, but then again, Continental only charges $15. for your 1st checked bag.

Anyone use the purple locker? Any insights?

I think thats a fantastic idea-we have a case that is just purely full of ‘vacation’ stuff that we trawl back and forwards across the pond year after year. I always thought it would be great to leave some there- but I had never heard of this. Is it an airline thing or is it a WDW thing or Allears? And it may be just for US citizens too understandably.

I too am interested in this. I have read about it on AllEars but I think I need to look into it a little more. What is the size of the “locker” like? I assume they will deliver to your resort upon arrival. Do they deliver the locker or do they empty it and bring the contents? What happens at the end of the vacation? Do they come and pick everything up?

We typically travel once a year to WDW. Our length of stay is long and we have three kids in tow, so, needless to say, we are carting a lot of stuff back and forth. This year we took 5 large suitcases, 5 carry-ons and two strollers. It would be extremely helpful if we could leave some items there. I bet business is picking up for Owner’s Locker with many of the American Airlines charging fees for checked bags.

I have thought about this for a long time and always had to weigh out the pros and cons. I travel SWA so I’m not charged for the extra bags BUT I hate wheeling 3 bags by myself. I would say give it a try for a year and see how you like it. You may just break even giving you are taking extra bags and being charged for them.

Honestly, I would never pay for the service. Just can’t justify the money. That’s a good dinner out, and for that, I’d happily carry a bigger bag.

I totally agree! However, I almost exclusively fly SWA so baggage isn’t really an issue! However, I might feel differently now that I have to pack half my house for a trip to walmart!

Glad you all are talking about us…

Wish, the best way to get comments about Owner’s Locker is see what folks are saying on the AllEars Rate and Review board:

AllEars.net Review Page - locker1.gif - Powered by ReviewPost

Keep in mind that we have a risk free trial where you get every penny back if you decide Owner’s Locker is not for you.

Dixie, we’re not just for Americans; we have tons of British Members in Owner’s Locker. Can you imagine the electrical stuff they store??

Mom, the Locker is 20X22X13 inches tall. We provide the Locker and you fill it. We pick it up from your resort when you leave, store it in a climate-controlled warehouse, and have it waiting for you when you come back. And you’re right, the airlines being silly has resulted in a big increase in our Membership.

Owner’s Locker isn’t for everyone but one of the reasons no has offered a service like ours is that people don’t think they need it. We encourage people to just give it a try and see why we’ve never had to refund anyone’s money.
John

I wish I had time to write more… but I really LOVE my Owner’s Locker Box! I’m going to look for the link to another thread…

thanks for jumping in, Leslie, I knew there were OL Members here but for the life of me I couldn’t remember.l
j

http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/trip-reports/46406-leslies-we-toured-cinderella-castle-1-am-tr-5.html#post879416

here’s my son with our purple box last year. Post #67. I’ll try to attch it directly.

If you read the posts on the page I’ve linked to, it gives you an idea about the locker. We travel to Florida with a backpack each now. The ease and convenience and lack of packing stress is what makes it worth it for us.

You just might be the person most in need of a Purple Locker! :laugh:

[QUOTE=jdvm;959987]Glad you all are talking about us…

Wish, the best way to get comments about Owner’s Locker is see what folks are saying on the AllEars Rate and Review board:

AllEars.net Review Page - locker1.gif - Powered by ReviewPost

Keep in mind that we have a risk free trial where you get every penny back if you decide Owner’s Locker is not for you.

[/QUOTE]

Hi John! I know the reviews are all great, the concept is amazing. Just not sure if I have enough extra stuff to make the $150/year worth it. I mean does my beach towel, sunblock, bathing suit, and odds & ends REALLY take up that much space in my suitcase? I have to decide that. :smile:

I forgot you had the risk free trial. So I think I am just going to sign up & see if I can fill it with enough stuff to make it convenient for me.

Question… does my ‘year’ start when I sign up on-line or from when you first deliver the locker?

Did I see somewhere that you have wine parties in EPCOT for members of Owner’s Locker? That would sweeten the deal. :smile:

Hook me up, what can I do? Wear an Owner’s Locker shirt in WDW, pose for an ad, write a glowing review, appear in a commercial? :laugh::laugh: What can I do for a hook up?

Wish,
It’s $99/ year not $150. The $99 comes with one delivery/pickup (we call that a “Visit”). Extra Visits are $25 each. There’s the one time Membership Fee which includes your Locker as well as its initial delivery and pickup. This is usually $75 but is only $25 with the AllEars deal.

The neat thing about Owner’s Locker is that it allows you to have things for your vacation that you’d never want to haul back and forth. Large bottles of shampoo, detergent and liquor as well as a fitted bottom sheet, a vase for flowers, wireless access point, etc. Here’s a link to what we call the ultimate packing list. Things people have told us they keep in their Locker:

Inside John’s Locker: The Ultimate Owner’s Locker Packing List

The date your Locker comes into our warehouse for the first time full of your stuff is called your Anniversary Date and that’s when your year starts.

Indeed we do have what we call Owner’s Locker EPCOT Wine Evenings every Tuesday from 7:30 until Illuminations begins…but you don’t have to be an OL Member to stop by for a glass of wine!

and what pray tell does “hooked up” mean??

j

I haven’t read anything in this thread but why do they put owners in lockers?

[QUOTE=jdvm;960020]Wish,
It’s $99/ year not $150. The $99 comes with one delivery/pickup (we call that a “Visit”). Extra Visits are $25 each. There’s the one time Membership Fee which includes your Locker as well as its initial delivery and pickup. This is usually $75 but is only $25 with the AllEars deal.

[/QUOTE]

I make 2-3 visits per year, that would make it approximately $150/year for me. ($99 membership, one ‘free’ visit, and two $25. visits… $150.)

I think it is a good idea, I just don’t think I could justify the money!!!

Ps… Sunblock kept more than a year or so, actually loses its effectiveness! Not that yours will be that old, I just thought I would throw that out there!

I also think it depends how fussy you are about stuff. I’ve read some people pack their own coffee pot (don’t like disney’s), water filter pitcher, things like that. Also if you are one to do a lot of cooking at disney, maybe crock pots.

As long as SW doesn’t charge for bags, I’ll drag my stuff down. With ME, we only have to get it to the airport. Disney gets it from the plane to the room. I remember back in the “old” days, dragging luggage around trying to find our room at the values.

I honestly think this is a wonderful option for DVC members. Seeing you usually do visit Disney more often, it would seem to be a great convenience to be able to hop on a plane, with no worries of forgetting something. Now, I know that’s half the fun is packing when you are on your once a year or every other year big vacation, but if you do it more casual and often, this seems like a nice perk.

Alright, I am signing up on-line right now. We’ll give it a try for the next year, if I find that it’s not helpful to us I’ll just take John up on his no-risk trial offer. Everyone seems really happy with it, so I am sure it will be great. :smile:

WOAH, wait a minute! I’ll gladly keep your stuff for $150 a year! Then just use it as an excuse to visit Disney when I drop it off! :laugh::laugh: