Packing question, help ack!

so i got the boys all packed two down two more kids to go but now i am not sure what do to, do i put their clothes in their small carry on suitcases or try and fit them all in 1 big suit case? (4 kids)

and since we are not having DME take our bags because we will be arriving 1045pm, do i really need to carry emerg. clothes in my carryons?? ugh!!!

HELP GOING NUTS NOW!!

I need to ask you why you’re not taking DME - I thought the buses run much later than that.

Either way is fine. We always carry a bathing suit on the plane for each of us in case we lose a suitcase, but MCO is so quick and efficient with the suitcases, that if you check a bag it is fine. It’s easy to get a bus, easy to get a rental car, easy to get a cab.

I think I read somewhere there if you’re getting in late you can take the magical express but they don’t get your bags for you as they wouldn’t get them to your room till probably the middle of the night or something. Is that correct?

When I pack I spread out everyones clothes. That way if a suitcase gets lost then not one person is without clothes. So ever suitcase has some of DH DD and my clothes in it.

I would just pack it all in one big suitcase, you are going to have your hands full as it is boarding with kids onto a plane, you don’t need to be lugging around extra bags as carry-on, especially if you are going to claim your bags right away.

We pack our three kids into one suitcase and there is plenty of room to squeeze in a fourth child. Now this may be obsessive, but I also stack the clothes in order that they will wear them. Then when we get to the room I just open the suitcase and transfer each pile into a dresser drawer. Every day the kids know they wear the outfit that is on top and it makes for an easier morning-time routine.

If you’re really worried about a suitcase getting lost, just pack a carry-on bag with one extra outfit for each child. Then you’ll be okay for any accidents the kids may have or until the suitcase is returned.

[QUOTE=InHouseMouse;1020687]I think I read somewhere there if you’re getting in late you can take the magical express but they don’t get your bags for you as they wouldn’t get them to your room till probably the middle of the night or something. Is that correct?

When I pack I spread out everyones clothes. That way if a suitcase gets lost then not one person is without clothes. So ever suitcase has some of DH DD and my clothes in it.[/QUOTE]

You know, I knew the answer. It’s Monday and I am not all together all together :laugh:

I have yet to fly w/ all 5 kids and frankly, I hope to never have to! :blink:

But if it were me, I’d pack all their clothes in 1 big one and 1 big one for you and dh. Pack an extra outfit in a carry on (you really have no idea when you’ll need it, if you even will.) and go from there.

Our last trip (we drove of course) I packed all 4 kids in 1 big suitcase but kept an extra outfit in my backpack/diaper bag for my 2 youngest. I was glad for that a few times and I was in the parks, not on a plane etc.

As for ME hopefully, hopefully Dopey gets it together, I’ve yet to need this service. Or you could call the hotel and ask.

I tried this once… with me and my husband, and we were over the weight limit for the bag… even though there was one bag for the 2 of us… Just something to keep in mind…

oh i am taking it but they told me that at that time i need to get my own luggage…
should i call and double check w/them?
they already messed up my tags, they didn’t send me enough luggage tags i am missing 2 and 2 vouchers, 1 for DH and 1 for DD…
i think because i have 2 ressies, 1 for the 5th then i check out on the 6th and check in at the pop (2 rooms)…so my TA also advised me that its best to get my own luggage so that i don’t have to wait for them to bring it

[QUOTE=InHouseMouse;1020687]I think I read somewhere there if you’re getting in late you can take the magical express but they don’t get your bags for you as they wouldn’t get them to your room till probably the middle of the night or something. Is that correct?

When I pack I spread out everyones clothes. That way if a suitcase gets lost then not one person is without clothes. So ever suitcase has some of DH DD and my clothes in it.[/QUOTE]

Yes thats it InHouseMouse, thanks, i was pretty sure i read that as well, then when i called them they told me…

[QUOTE=5Demons4Cookie;1020696]I have yet to fly w/ all 5 kids and frankly, I hope to never have to! :blink:

But if it were me, I’d pack all their clothes in 1 big one and 1 big one for you and dh. Pack an extra outfit in a carry on (you really have no idea when you’ll need it, if you even will.) and go from there.

Our last trip (we drove of course) I packed all 4 kids in 1 big suitcase but kept an extra outfit in my backpack/diaper bag for my 2 youngest. I was glad for that a few times and I was in the parks, not on a plane etc.

As for ME hopefully, hopefully Dopey gets it together, I’ve yet to need this service. Or you could call the hotel and ask.[/QUOTE]

I think this is what i might do, pack them all in 1 big one but keep and outfit out for each kid and put them in a carry on…thank you and thank everyone!

.[/QUOTE]

You do not have to let them get your bags – You can go to baggage claim and get your own and then show up at the bus with them! They go on the bus with you that way and you will have no issues whatsoever!

:laugh: Is it that it’s Monday or is it that being over 200 days from Disney has just melted your memory? I know that I’m in a constant daze with having a count down… mind you I don’t even actually know if I’m going yet. A couple of weeks ago my DD was in the hospital and a friend went to visit her and I called to thank her and ask how she knew that my DD was there… turns out I had called her earlier that day and told her… :confused: :redface: I find as the days get closer my memory gets better. :laugh:

We are blessed with a small hardly ever used airport in my city so we usually take our bags in a couple of days a head of flying and have them weighed. I was shocked last time I thought we were way over weight as I would lift my daughter (25lbs) in one arm and my suitcase in the other hand… I know real scientific! :mellow: My suitcase always felt way heavier… but it turned out to be lighter or about the same has her. Took a lot of stress having everything pre weighed.

:mickey: Yeah I remember people having suitcases with them when they came to get ME last time I was there. But the reason to get your own luggage that late at night is because Disney doesn’t collect the bags for passengers when they get in past a certain time.

I would one small carry-on type bag for each child and forgo the emergency clothes…they won’t be necessary at all since you are getting your own luggage. Even the little guys can wheel a small bag…it will be easier for you.

thats what i was just thinking…even if i have 2 of them wheel their own bags, i can fit 1 of the boys clothes in and 1 in the other…TY

Remember each person’s bathing suit in the carryon… I always get worried that if the suitcase doens’t make it onto the plane with us, we’d at least be able to get in the pool! Everything else, we could just buy on Main Street or DTD (oh to dream…)

We pack our three kids into one suitcase and there is plenty of room to squeeze in a fourth child.
I tried this once… with me and my husband, and we were over the weight limit for the bag…

ROFL! I must be pretty tired… I am still laughing outloud!

We do carry-on only unless it is absolutely impossible so, I don’t have anything of value to add to this thread other than a chuckle… :slight_smile:

how does this sound, i just packed my oldest DD and my middle DD clothes in their own carryon, unfort. tho i couldn’t fit their pants so i am going to put them in my carry on along with an outfit and pj’s for the boys…since i am checking in their suitcase and dh’s and my suitcase…
how does that sound? so we will bring 3 carry ons…