Paddock pool design

Just got the new copy of the DVC magazine today, and the article about the new pool area at the Paddock area of SSR is very in-depth (no pun intended!). The photos of the design and the description make it seem very much like the Paddock area will be the new place to be!
The Paddock is not very near the main building, so this pool area will really breathe a new life into that section… in fact, this pool drawing looks like the new pool will rival the main one? Love the huge slide and zero entry!

I can’t make out all the details very well, but from what I can see, it looks like there are a lot of interesting features.

That section really needed something. SSR is a fantastic resort, but for all those rooms and all that space, they needed more bling so the people in the remote locations weren’t stuck out in the middl eof nowhere with nothing to do. This really solves the problem!

The slide looks really cool.

and don’t forget the quick service dining…can someone say hamburger and fries…oops my oh my challenging the ultimate in food service “artist palette”…just tongue and cheek…don’t get mad at me

This looks great. We enjoyed our stays at SSR last year but our biggest complaint was the crowds that overtook Artist’s Palette every morning. I wonder if the new QS location will have breakfast items as well or if it will be more like a pool bar lunch style menu?

Artist’s Palette in my humble opinion has always been woefully in adequate

I really enjoyed so many things about SSR when we stayed on developer points. But I vowed we would never stay there again unless the QS issue was resolved. This will really add to the appeal of SSR. I’m happy that DVC is moving ahead with this great addition.

[QUOTE=leslieh;1021274]I really enjoyed so many things about SSR when we stayed on developer points. But I vowed we would never stay there again unless the QS issue was resolved. This will really add to the appeal of SSR. I’m happy that DVC is moving ahead with this great addition.[/QUOTE]I am assumimg that QS is quick service …no it wasn’t quick and the options were too limited…trhis will give at least some options ,but the size of this pool is going to be very,very important and the amount of seating also:phone:

Oh absolutley! We are pool people ourselves, so this would draw me to stay at SSR again.

Oooo that pool looks like it’s going to be great! We loved our stay at SSR, but I have to agree about the QS, there was only so many western omlettes and chicken paninies I could take!

With an additional place to eat, we would consider staying at SSR again. I loved the convenience of being able to walk to DTD and found the resort to be really peaceful and relaxing overall. We had a great DTD view last trip and it was just a nice way to start your day, looking out the window and across the river. My only real complaint had been the dining situation.

I didn’t mind the selections at Artists Palette so much as I was frustrated with the super long lines and waits at busy times. And we did really enjoy the Turf Club.

turf club is nice…but the food court in my humble opinion,and that of several disney employees needs some work but there seems to be some issue with getting it up to snuff…not sure what that is …no hamurgers and fries and pita pizza although cute is still not real pizza,and don’t forget also that is the general store in more ways than one…we shall see what the new pool situation brings