Paper Fast Passes Still in the Parks?

I have friends going 11/22-11/26.

Are the paper fast pass machines still there?

They were in October, but wondering for her.

I read somewhere that they were all gone, but not positive. Have her check at Guest Services at the resort about switching the paper out for RFID, rather than doing it at one of the parks. I’m reading about nightmare lines, waiting close to an hour to get your turn. If the resort can’t do it, maybe Guest Services at DTD will be less busy?

Actually, I think she was looking more from the double up capability. She was there a couple of months ago and had the magic bands but also had the paper, as did we. I think she was hoping for the same.

MBs are still in the testing stage. I got another letter this week for my Dec stay to help test for select resorts. I think they are at almost all if not all WDW resorts by now.

I believe that we’ll be seeing the paper FP machines going away in early 2014.

Can someone ask a bus driver to confirm? :laugh:

Magic Band Testing has been stretched even further into March now. Initially, it was supposed to be done on 1/5. Yes, there are still paper fast passes. You do realize the doubling up is what is keeping other people from being able to get them, right? To each their own, but this will be the longest test in history if people don’t use the system as it’s intended.

I hadn’t heard that the testing is extended. I am actually glad we aren’t going until next summer because of the testing, but I hope all the “kinks” are out by then.

I wonder how they are exactly evaluating the testing? Do they ask you during the testing period? Send a survey or just use the data to see how it’s working? Just curious…

[QUOTE=smallworld;1139920]I hadn’t heard that the testing is extended. I am actually glad we aren’t going until next summer because of the testing, but I hope all the “kinks” are out by then.

I wonder how they are exactly evaluating the testing? Do they ask you during the testing period? Send a survey or just use the data to see how it’s working? Just curious…[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way. We are going in May and hoping all is squared away by then. I can imagine lots of grumpy people for whatever FP+ problem turns up.

It does seem a lot of the ones who think it’s great were ones who were double(or triple) dipping. I never had the chance to try it, but I find three fastpasses per day way too few.

I guess when you have guests that can’t get Fast passes or major complaints, you have to keep tweaking. Speaking of which, starting next week, you will be limited with your Hollywood Studio choices for Fast Pass Plus like you are for Epcot. You may only pick Rockin rollercoaster OR Toy Story Mania in one day. Epcot is Soarin OR Test TRack in one day.

Pop century guests don’t have back up keys as of today. I think they are doing this resort by resort so magic band or key only - not both. I think the whole “double dipping” is going to come to an end.

Ugh… I am nervous about not having a back up!

You mean a back up room key? --or back up FPs…I wouldn’t worry about the room key part. Many times in hotels my swipe card never works and I have to walk back to the front desk anyway!!! lol I am nervous about losing any reservations in the system and not having them show up on my band or something…but I will make sure they are on the app and whip that thing out of my pocket if there is trouble. I will find the closest CM and go from there!!! :laugh::laugh: …and go i will!!!

If you are nervous tell them you want the key - simple as that.

Right now, I’m setting up our Christmas visit 12/10-12/13 (including one day overnight at Universal)and I called the Internet help desk last night to check if our October bands were still good. I was told they are for our APs but everything else would be tied to a new band. Last month All Stars Movies, next month Pop Century. The reason is that they would tie a new band to the room and our reservation so it makes more sense to just tie the new bands to our APs.
Additionally, I was told that they are going to go live with the bands sometime in early 2014 with no estimated date given. I also asked about tying our MVMCP tickets to the bands and the CM thought I couldn’t. I did, same as my Halloween party tickets last month. I also asked about making FP+ reservations the day after we check out and was told no, but I was able to make FP+ reservations for the three days after we checked out but were still in Orlando. To me, this means try and see because again, we may be at Uni during the day, but their parks close at 7 PM, which gives us plenty of time to get back to WDW.
(Then why stay at Uni if we’re going back to WDW on the 12th and 13th? Because the room key is your automatic fast pass!)

Part 2:
The FP machines are still there and are still in use. But once a ride runs out of FPs for the day, they cover them, same as always.
As for room key AND wrist band getting FPs, your room key works the same as always, if you have tickets attached to your reservation, the room key is your ticket. In my case, with an AP, the room key itself only gets me into my room and allows me to charge to my room.

By the way Smallworld, I did not experience any kinks once I was in the World.
The only problem I had was while I was still setting up FP+ reservations and the system dropped all of my reservations. I called and spoke with a CM who was able to recreate all of the FP reservations manually. I also made FP reservations after that and had no problems.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1139931]Part 2:
The FP machines are still there and are still in use. But once a ride runs out of FPs for the day, they cover them, same as always.
As for room key AND wrist band getting FPs, your room key works the same as always, if you have tickets attached to your reservation, the room key is your ticket. In my case, with an AP, the room key itself only gets me into my room and allows me to charge to my room.

By the way Smallworld, I did not experience any kinks once I was in the World.
The only problem I had was while I was still setting up FP+ reservations and the system dropped all of my reservations. I called and spoke with a CM who was able to recreate all of the FP reservations manually. I also made FP reservations after that and had no problems.[/QUOTE]

They are not giving out keys as I mentioned. Pop Century guests, starting today, are only getting wrist bands. They will only be giving out the keys to people who do not want to use the wrist bands. I don’t know which resort is next, but they are all changing over.

Let me add that if you choose the key over the wristband the magnetic strip is not active. Only the RFID to keep them from getting Fastpasses. AP’s and regular tickets do still work in Fastpass machines as of right now according to a friend who is there.

As far as MVMCP tickets they do not put them on the MB’s. It was causing conflicts with tickets already on the account and they have not figured it out yet.

I had no problems at all linking both my AP and my Halloween party tickets to my band.
Currently, I have my Christmas party tickets linked and obviously, my will have expired APs are also linked. Renewal date 12/3, arrival date 12/10. I’ll have the renewal taken care of soon.

Then apparently the problem is fixed.