Parades and Such!

Hey guys! We leave in 13 days…WOO HOO…and are determined to catch some parades and fireworks this time! Suggestions on locations to sit for various parades? What about fireworks? We didn’t see any last year when we went, so this is a must do for 2010! ALSO-- any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

One last thing… I am planning on doing a daily trip report. Wasting my time since I am so new? or would you all want to hear about it?

Wishes, the MK fireworks show, is my absolute favorite thing at WDW. My preferred viewing spot is on the bridge to Tomorrowland. The view for the fireworks is nice. You’re not too close to the castle so that you get a good view of both the castle and the fireworks, but you’re not so far away that you miss Tinkerbell’s flight. As a matter of fact, she really flies right over your head. My girls always say she waves to them. :happy:

Parades are not really our thing, but our kids were dying to see the Electrical Parade when we there last month since DH and I were saying we remembered it as children. We got a spot right in front of the castle, and we got there EARLY and still got crowded out a bit. It was a wonderful spot to see the parade, though.

Welcome to Mousebuzz!! I’m always ready and willing to read a TR! The more pictures the better!!

I find it easier to find a spot to watch the parades from Frontier Land (near Country Bear Jamboree). Be sure to get your spot 1/2 early (at least), and be ready to defend your spot. There are always last minute people that will fight you for it. Drives me nuts!

Hope you have a wonderful trip, and I can’t wait to read all about it.

I would love to read your trip report, and hear about your vacation. I’m new to this web site also. One of my favorite things to do on this site is to read about all the fun people are having in Disney.

Depending on what time of year we go is where we position ourselves for the parades and fireworks. If the crowds are big we usually stand behind the castle for the fireworks in the MK, but you won’t get a good look at Tinkerbell. If the crowds are low and it’s just my DH and myself we position ourselfs by the statue right in front of the castle and sort of stand on the railing there. We also stand in the middle of the circle in front of castle for the Block Party Bash. I’m not sure if this helps you.

If your going to the MNSSHP parade make sure you get a position early. It gets very crowded. I think it’s the best place to see the headless horseman.

Hope you have a great Disney Adventure and I can’t wait to hear about all the fun you had when you get back.

We got tickets for MNSSHP with our Disney 5K run package, so we are going. I hear the halloween parade is the best. And the Electric Parade was my favorite as a kid, so I am definitely excited that it was extended.

I will most DEFINITELY be posting pics!! I wish there was a way to easily post from my iphone-- but that won’t stop me!

Keep the placement suggestions coming…this is one of our main priorities this trip!

I agree with right front of the castle for parades. It will get crowded there, so get there early… It will be so worth it.
For HS, anywhere on the main street is fine, but that parade makes stops instead of a continuous flow.
I like that AK parade too, but I can’t remember where I have been standing for it.
For illuminations-get there early… Right beside the England pavilion, or between there and France are good places to watch…

The perspective from the bridge isn’t quite right.
The key to MK fireworks (any MK fireworks) is that you need to keep the castle fairly in front of you. This is because there are really two different displays happening at the same time. There is the castle display, all the stuff launched from and next to the castle which is low flying; and there is the high flying aerial display that is launched just outside the park. The way it’s designed, it all falls together as one so long as you are no more than 5 degrees off the center axis of the castle.
So, anywhere on Main Street, but you’re better if you’re even with or in front of Casey’s Corner/Ice Cream Shoppe. You’re good all the way to the popcorn stands. Any closer and the castle starts to block the high stuff. On the left, you’re good all the way to Crystal Palace, but don’t go so far as the bridge and the best place is that little circle where the photopass photographer is always stationed. On the right, you’re good to the Noodle Terrace (which itself was a good viewing spot because Tink does fly right overhead, but you now have to pay for the honor) and that lower seating area associated with the Plaza. There is also a path on the right just next to the popcorn stand that curves back to the main spoke into Tomorrowland that again puts you directly under the wire. Main Street Station is a nice place to watch from as is the flagpole circle, although that spot can be a little like having blinders on because you are looking down the street at the castle with buildings on either side. Outside the park two of the best places are the ferry landing in the TTC and Sunset Point at the Poly as well as the Poly’s beach, although again, you are starting to get off axis.
I can’t stress how important it is to keep the castle in in front of you. If you don’t, the whole illusion falls apart. Perhaps the best example of this is viewing from California Grill where you can plainly see the two different parts and how big the physical separation between the two displays is.

Illuminations. The plaza at the head of World Showcase Lagoon between K Mart and WalMart, lantern 1, the bridge between WS and Mexico, lantern 4 near China, the little pier in Germany, the big plaza in Italy especially if you can get onto the section that is over the water, Japan to the right of the arch in the water or looking through that arch and also the balcony in front of Tokyo Dining (this is partly obstructed by the arch), the border line of Morocco and France (I think lantern 13), the bridge between England and France, and parts of Canada that aren’t blocked by trees.

Try these links…

Walt Disney World Live Entertainment

Walt Disney World park hours, fireworks and parade times, Disney World park hours

they might help

My only suggestion would be… sit down at least a hour to hour and 1/2 before parade starts. They get crowded FAST. The MSEP is wonderful at MK. Enjoy your trip!

On a night that MK was closing at 11, just as the Electrical Parade was stepping off, we were back in Frontierland and the crowd was really thinned out. We could have watched from Liberty Square and we could have watched from anywhere on the route in Frontierland. Instead, what we did was walk towards the castle and we met the parade right next to the Christmas Shop. We didn’t have to fight anyone for space and we were right on the rope and right next to the performers as they came past. This could work for you too. That is, hang out and wait for the second parade of the night if there are two parades that night.

We love to watch Wishes from mainstreet USA, but, like everyone else is saying, be prepared for people to sneak up in front of you right before the fireworks start. We’ve been lucky and had great CMs that make the last-minute people move along, but it can be stressful if you don’t remind yourself to keep some perpective.

For the 3:00 Celebrate a Dream come true parade, there is a perfect spot on Mainstreet on the opposite side of the Icecream parlor. Actually, the exact spot I sat was directly across from the building with the yellow storefront. I think the word “Gym” is painted on the window in the second story. I thought it was the perfect spot. If you look up the title “Celebrate a dream come true parade 2010”, you will see a nice video from someone who sat in that spot and that is how I decided where we would sit when we went.

I can’t wait to see your trip report. Definitely post!!

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1049494]The perspective from the bridge isn’t quite right.
The key to MK fireworks (any MK fireworks) is that you need to keep the castle fairly in front of you. This is because there are really two different displays happening at the same time. There is the castle display, all the stuff launched from and next to the castle which is low flying; and there is the high flying aerial display that is launched just outside the park. The way it’s designed, it all falls together as one so long as you are no more than 5 degrees off the center axis of the castle.
So, anywhere on Main Street, but you’re better if you’re even with or in front of Casey’s Corner/Ice Cream Shoppe. You’re good all the way to the popcorn stands. Any closer and the castle starts to block the high stuff. On the left, you’re good all the way to Crystal Palace, but don’t go so far as the bridge and the best place is that little circle where the photopass photographer is always stationed. On the right, you’re good to the Noodle Terrace (which itself was a good viewing spot because Tink does fly right overhead, but you now have to pay for the honor) and that lower seating area associated with the Plaza. There is also a path on the right just next to the popcorn stand that curves back to the main spoke into Tomorrowland that again puts you directly under the wire. Main Street Station is a nice place to watch from as is the flagpole circle, although that spot can be a little like having blinders on because you are looking down the street at the castle with buildings on either side. Outside the park two of the best places are the ferry landing in the TTC and Sunset Point at the Poly as well as the Poly’s beach, although again, you are starting to get off axis.
I can’t stress how important it is to keep the castle in in front of you. If you don’t, the whole illusion falls apart. Perhaps the best example of this is viewing from California Grill where you can plainly see the two different parts and how big the physical separation between the two displays is.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I get the whole perspective thing. I have seen the fireworks twice from CG’s viewing deck-terrible. But I have 2 little girls. Tinkerbell is more important than the perspective thing. We want to see Tinkerbell wave to us.

I never even gave thought to this! We’ve always had a hard time finding Tinkerbell in the past. I’ll have to remember this for next time. Tinkerbell is my little girl’s favorite part of the show!

:laugh:It’s my favorite part too!:laugh::blush::happy: