Parasailing

Has anybody done this at WDW?

My kids are bugging me to do this in August.:eek:

I have not done this yet. But, I will be doing this on May 8th, with several family members. I can’t wait!

Awesome, can we get a report?!:cool:

I would love to hear all about it. Both kids have been bugging me about doing it every trip. It is something we have not done yet partly because it is pretty pricey for the amount of time you get. If I knew it was worth it, I would be more willing to give in and add it on during one of our trips.

Does anyone know the cost. Do you have to stay on property to parasail?

You do not have to be on resort property to do this. The prices listed are very pricey:

Single Rider: Regular is $90 for 8 - 10 minutes at 450 feet
Premium is 112.50 for 10 - 12 minutes at 600 feet.

Tandem Rider: Regular is $140 for 8 - 10 minutes at 450 feet
Premium is $162.50 fro 10 - 12 minutes at 600 feet.

According to All Ears (these prices were last updated in 2005), you can make reservations 90 days in advance. The times are from 0830 to 1730 daily. You can call 407-939-0754 for more information or to book it.

[QUOTE=timsha;956099]You do not have to be on resort property to do this. The prices listed are very pricey:

Single Rider: Regular is $90 for 8 - 10 minutes at 450 feet
Premium is 112.50 for 10 - 12 minutes at 600 feet.

Tandem Rider: Regular is $140 for 8 - 10 minutes at 450 feet
Premium is $162.50 fro 10 - 12 minutes at 600 feet.

According to All Ears (these prices were last updated in 2005), you can make reservations 90 days in advance. The times are from 0830 to 1730 daily. You can call 407-939-0754 for more information or to book it.[/QUOTE]

Preminum? Now that just sounds plain greedy!:blow:

Hey, it is Disney!! You do get a couple of extra minutes, and you go 150 feet higher. I went many years ago in the Bahama’s and it was very cool. The sights were just amazing. It must be something to see the parks from above like that. For me, not worth the price, but it would be neat.

Yes! I’m sure I will have one heck of a TR when I get back.

My DD and her Grandpa did this 2 years ago. She said it was a blast.
Only issue is well the cost ( very expensive ) and the weather if the wind is even blowing slightly they cancel and you dont knowuntil you arrive we had to go twice and they almsot cancelled the 2nd one as well. When time is limited in a vacation going back to the resort twice to parasail was not in our plans.
Other than that it was a great experience she saw a lot of the MK from high above…

Hope this helps.

I have never gone parasailing, but a friend of mine did it last year in the Bahamas and the cord broke! :eek: She said by the time she said her third “Oh My God”, that she hit the water. There were no injuries, just some soreness. Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you, and Disney will no doubt take better precautions than the Bahama company.

OK - we booked the kids. August 23rd. I’ll let you all know.

BTW DVC members get a 10% discount.

I have never seen people doing it on the lake, is it that common? I have seen alot of people fishing. Never a parasailer.

Da boys did it once and it was awesome, wife and I on
the boat as they were in the air, very cool landing on
the boat. They went together big dog in back little guy
in front. Not that we are rich but the heck with it!
Seize the day!

Which resorts do the parsailing?

Contemporary

When my wife and I went DW for our 20th anniversary I arranged for us to go parasailing. Her sister and two kids came with us and my niece (17 at the time) reaallllyyy wanted to go when she found out. I gave up my place and let my wife take her niece. They both loved it. I didn’t even get to go on the boat. I let my sis-in-law go so she could watch her daughter sail. Maybe next time.

I so want to do this! I will do it this trip !

I went with the whole family my dad, 2 sisters, my mom, my husband and my daughter when she was 3. We all did it in pairs and We all love it. The thing that I love about it is that is so peaceful and quiet. I say if anyone ever gets the chance do it. Enjoy!!