Parents

I was reading about the rash of incidents (5) involving perverts at Orlando water parks. As a parent and retired cop I wanted to give everyone heads up.

These pedophiles stalk water parks as they are easy pickings.

Don’t let your guard down just because you feel safe in WDW. ‘They’ count on that. Even in the most magical place on earth, parenting is a 24/7 job.

I don’t mean to post a downer of a thread - but it’s happening and I’d rather your vacation not be spoiled.

On the up side - I am double digit dancing.

Thanks for that reminder… it’s an important one.

Definately a timely reminder. There are bad folks that take advantage of tourist because they know there are so many and it’s easy.

I got my AMEX card number ripped at the MCO rental check out few years ago. Orlando police wouldn’t even take a report. Said I had to file it with my local police. BS!!! The crime took place at MCO but I guess they want to keep their stats looking better.

Just because we are on vacation, the bad guys aren’t.

Thanks for the heads up Boss. I think one of the perverts was from CT because it was on our local news. He was at Typhoon Lagoon and exposed himself to a young girl.

Discusting!! I need to talk to my DD9 - without freaking her out. We will be visiting both water parks next week.

Thanks for the reminder. It can be easy to slack off a little on vacation, but you’re right, it can still be a dangerous time. We’re considering a water park spree in a few weeks, and I wouldn’t have thought about this on my own.

Two years ago a pervert was caught taking pictures of little girls at the towns pool. A mother noticed what he was doing and called the police. He had hundreds of pictures in his home. Sick!! Thanks for the reminder Vince.

THanks for the reminder. This kind of thing terrifies me. It is so easy between lines and the crowds to get seperated for a second and that is all it takes.

[QUOTE=ssn;977154]Thanks for the heads up Boss. I think one of the perverts was from CT because it was on our local news. He was at Typhoon Lagoon and exposed himself to a young girl.

Discusting!! I need to talk to my DD9 - without freaking her out. We will be visiting both water parks next week.[/QUOTE]

It really is common sense on the parent’s part. I would never leave my kids unobserved. I may not have hovered over them, but I always had my eyes on them :wink:

We have had that kind of thing going on at the water parks here as well. I am one of those parents that keep my kids in eye shot all the time. They hate it, but they are always safe with me.

My wife and I are Special Needs parents , Our 9 yr old DD has Downs. I have always felt that I would rip apart anyone who was to do anything inaproppriate to her… :mad: It’s sad that these situations take place. I would hope that everyone on here is safe. Thank You for the thread!!!

Apparently one guy was caught gorping under water amd another was exposing himself. I gathered the second one was saved from a thrashing by the girl’s father by security.

They know parents feel safe at the WDW parks. That’s why they stalk them.

Didn’t they have another incident awhile back where a man was caught by a young man at the Swann ??? I believe the young man was suspicious and notified the lifeguards at the pool where it happened. I think he had asked the young mans sister where he his parents were …

yes, something like that. Vigilance!!

Sad world we live in and good advice Boss. You do tend to think of Disney as place where nothing bad happens.

I will say that every trip we have made as a family , we have seen numerous good deeds done. I feel safe there… But as a parent , regardless of location I will be vigilant.

That’s the scary part about the jerk who was taking those pictures. It was a small kiddie pool, so the kids were well supervised, but he was hiding behind some bushes. Just by chance a mother saw him and what he was doing. He was still there when the police arrived.

Thanks for the thread. I hate to think of some perv taking advantage of kids anywheres.

last year my mommom HAD to go to WDW with me in May because my husband was staying home. All she kept saying was that my DD may get kidnapped because we are alone like I havent been a mom for 11 years :laugh: but it could happen anywhere

Just to add to this. Keep an eye on your teenagers as they can also be targeted.

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;977215]Apparently one guy was caught gorping under water amd another was exposing himself. I gathered the second one was saved from a thrashing by the girl’s father by security.
[/QUOTE]

Security would have to get there FAST to stop me from thrashing someone like that. Really really fast. :glare:

I don’t know. A proper thrashing takes time if it is to be done correctly.
And we would want to be sure it is done correctly, would we not?