Park Bag?

This is our 1st trip without a stroller! It’s going to be so different…

I will carry a bag of some sort - but now I am much more limited with what I can bring in it (I don’t want a big bag for sure).

What are your must haves in the park?

BTW - my girls are 8 & 11.

when are you going?

My bag has a water bottle, .99 disposable poncho, a long sleeve shirt, maybe a snack, hand sanitize, sunscreen, and a large zip lock freezer bag (for phone, wallet, etc on water rides). I try to pack as light as possible so different times of the year I might pack different stuff. When I stay on property I pack my wallet, keys, etc away in the wall safe and just carry my room key (and possibly my DL for photo ID).

I have a small swiss army sling pack:

Very handy for parks.

Have you thought about letting your girls carry a small pouch for the small things they need?

Park bag?
That almost sounds nasty:laugh:

SG!!! hahaha! of course, unless anyone else has been following the threadjacked thread over in dining, they won’t know why we are laughing!

I have thought about letting the girls carry a bag, but am not sure - I’d want a bag that is comfy to carry all day for them. Suggestions for a bag the kids can carry?

I have a little backpack, it’s like 1/2 size maybe? I thought I’d bring that and put stuff for us like hand sanitizer, tissues, tylenol, room cards, camera and a water bottle.

The questions are
[ul]
are you going to the park all day?
how old are the children?
how many adults?[/ul]

It tends to be a little easier if an adult make is going or a female that would wear cargo trousers.
I always try to avoid taking any bag when we have no stroller.if you need to use a fanny bag. (god its so hard putting fanny bag for us from the UK:ph34r:). you could even get the children one for putting the poncho in and a snack.
Use a compact camera and wear it on your belt.
Take a water/ soda bottle that hooks on your belt or use the neck holders that the kids can use.
Have a plastic zipa bag in your pocket for the cameras on wet rides.
Just use your pockets for cash and room key. zip up pockets are better.

Around the parks you will be able to pop into any rest room to clean the kids up.

You might want a nice bag, but for the girls what about something like this:

Customizable Drawstring Bags, Promotional Drawstring Backpacks

these string backpacks are great and super lightweight (as long as they aren’t planning on bringing rocks:laugh:).

Hmm, we have tons of those string bags! Maybe they can each have one, at least to try it the 1st day when we’ll just be there for half the day before we go check in. and if they can’t stand carrying it then we’ll go to plan B.

We plan to be in the parks all day (except for 2 of the days), and it’s the girls, DH and I.
Thanks!!

I always take a backpack. Carrying water bottles and sunscreen are a must. It was a happy day when my girls were old enough and willing to carry their own bags, so mine wasn’t so heavy with everyone’s water bottles.

A big ziploc bag for cameras and anything you don’t want to get wet is great.

We take empty ziploc bags in case we don’t eat something that can be saved for later or for anything else that we might want to stick something in.

Tissues and hand sanitizer.

It is strange adjusting to stroller-free life, isn’t it! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=jimbo;1093687]The questions are
[ul]
are you going to the park all day?
how old are the children?
how many adults?[/ul]

It tends to be a little easier if an adult make is going or a female that would wear cargo trousers.
I always try to avoid taking any bag when we have no stroller.if you need to use a fanny bag. (god its so hard putting fanny bag for us from the UK:ph34r:). you could even get the children one for putting the poncho in and a snack.
Use a compact camera and wear it on your belt.
Take a water/ soda bottle that hooks on your belt or use the neck holders that the kids can use.
Have a plastic zipa bag in your pocket for the cameras on wet rides.
Just use your pockets for cash and room key. zip up pockets are better.

Around the parks you will be able to pop into any rest room to clean the kids up.[/QUOTE]

Jimbo you said f…y bag you need blush :redface::redface: just kidding made me laugh though!!

I use a backpack leaves my hands free.

Totally a new experience to not have a stroller! I am actually looking forward to getting on/off the bus this time, haha!

large ziploc bag is a great idea - several have mentioned that…gotta add that to my packing list.

This is fall break for us, so tomorrow starts the packing frenzy! yay!

Forget everything…get yourself a sherpa…sure you will have to pay for their tickets but they can carry half your house on his back.

When my girls became “Disney Adults” they started toting their own stuff in a small backpack big enough for a water bottle, poncho, snack, coin purse, phone/camera and whatever else they wanted to tote. I only insisted the first 5.
I’ve found a sm backpack with a bit of padding in the straps at Walmart that I like. In it goes a resort mug to put ice in, poncho’s, money (keys/cards), phone/camera, a few bandaids, chapstick, & a travel size pack of wipes, kleenex, snack and pain reliever. I have a strap to attach a water bottle to so I don’t have to add that in the pack.
All works well and everyone is happy :happy:

[QUOTE=emamasa;1093685]SG!!! hahaha! of course, unless anyone else has been following the threadjacked thread over in dining, they won’t know why we are laughing!

[/QUOTE]

Ema, anyone who is reading this that’s a regular knows what’s going on.
And even if they didn’t know about the avatar glitch you’re experiencing, my post is still something to laugh at.

I think next time I’m ticked off at someone, I’ll call them a “park***”:eek:

I think I saw a Rent A Sherpa counter over near Everest in AK, though it could have been a limited time trial.

I would definitely have a poncho in that bag, along with a dry pair of socks, a hat for head cover in the sun, some OTC meds and any scripts you’ll need while in the park, the camera or whatever device you’re using these days to record your memories.
Those would be my basics.
(I have to stop joking and give advice at some point:blink:)

Must haves in the parks for me are my key to the kingdom and my camera.
Even when the kids were small (5 years old) we never took anything. It’s much more fun to stop in somewhere and get whatever we want.

Well, not so much the camera anymore since I keep leaving them somewhere at Epcot every time we go.

[QUOTE=JustaT;1093688]You might want a nice bag, but for the girls what about something like this:

Customizable Drawstring Bags, Promotional Drawstring Backpacks

these string backpacks are great and super lightweight (as long as they aren’t planning on bringing rocks:laugh:).[/QUOTE]

Yes, they are great. Disney sells a few of them in the parks and resort shops

Just think to yourself Do I need it? then when you have your answer ask it again!

you are on vacation in disney world to have fun :mickey: your not on a mountain top with no access to the things you need.

Sure the $$ start to stack up when you are having to get everything from the stor that you want… :ninja:

enjoy yourself.

As we Yanks say “Ain’t that the truth!”.
Seriously, even if you’ve forgotten something really important, so long as you have a car, there’s a WalMart not far away.
Same goes for Walgreen’s (the chemist and more).

That said, there are some things that they just don’t have available at park or hotel shops, but you’re mostly covered. All you need is cash.

I always bring mosquito repellant, ponchos, small (hand sized) umbrella, sun screen, ziplocs for non-waterproof cameras, cell phones, wallets, etc… (you know, for water rides and rain), small 1st aid kit (including moleskins (for the ladies trying to be fashionable instead of comfortable) and the basics), and chamois. Its amazing how quickly one can dry themselves off when you use a chamois! It’s not just for your car (when you dry said car off after a good wash)… Sometimes I’ll pack some snacks like nuts or some type of health bar as well as a water bottle or a thermos filled with an adult beverage (if its THAT kind of day at a park lol).