Park Hopper or One Park

So, I really can’t not do something Disney every year! :blush: My wonderful DH has to be in the LA area for about a week in a couple of weeks, and he found round trip airfare for $200 (who can say no to that kind of airfare!). So, being the wonderful DH he is, he booked a ticket for me and extended his trip for a day and booked a Disney view Hilton hotel room for us on the nights I am with him. He also got his mom to come stay with our boys so that I could have a little break. :wub: I feel so guilty about not having the kids, but we thought it would be rather fun to be big kids ourselves while we are there and go to Disney for the day.

So, my question is … should we do a park hopper or just stay in Disneyland all day? (Hours are 8-12 for Disneyland and 10-10 for CA on our day which is Friday, July 15)

I for one would not want to miss World of Color but the question comes down to whether it is worth $25.00 extra to you.

Oh thats tough, there’s pluses and minuses for each option. Honestly, I think I’d go with the Hopper and get the best out of each park, do the things you like doing- make the most of the time there- so lucky, enjoy whatever you decide.

I’m not too familiar with DL, but I think I would go with the Hopper, just to be on the safe side…and have a terrific vacation! (and don’t feel guilty - moms need time off too!:happy:)

Go with the Hopper option…too many things in each park that you are not going to want to miss out on…and you can walk right out of one park and into the other. If it were me, I’d hit a few of you fav’s at DL, jump out for a bite to eat at DTD, hop into DCA after lunch until dinner time and then back over to DL until closing…

Have fun!!!

Haven’t been there in years, but I would definitely go with the hopper for the simple fact that if you want to go into the other park, you are all ready set to do so. It will also give you more options than staying in one park.

As you said, you will be BIG kids for a day so hit everything you want and leave happy!

I’ve never been to DL so I can’t say; but have a FANTASTIC time away…every mom needs that at least once a year. ENJOY!

Thank you for all the thoughts … park hopper it is!

I’m thinking I’m going to get DH to take me to napa rose for dinner on Thursday night (I got a super cute little white dress on sale today and that will give me a chance to get a little dressed up ~ never get to do that enough!) I’m going to make the most of my kid free zone. :laugh:

You will love it. Cali is our favorite destination and we always get hoppers. Makes it like one big park.

[QUOTE=Cielei;1082324]Thank you for all the thoughts … park hopper it is!
[/QUOTE]

As a longtime Disneyland attendee, you made the right choice. While Disneyland will keep you busy, the extra $25 will be more than worth it when Disneyland is crowded during peak hours and you can run into the park next door for some alcohol…

[QUOTE=Cielei;1082324]
I’m thinking I’m going to get DH to take me to napa rose for dinner on Thursday night (I got a super cute little white dress on sale today and that will give me a chance to get a little dressed up ~ never get to do that enough!) I’m going to make the most of my kid free zone. :laugh:[/QUOTE]

NAPA ROSE is a wonderful restaurant, where I try to go at least for one meal. And they don’t frown if you only order soup or appetizers. But the food is the best I’ve tasted, including Club 33. So enjoy! :pirate: