Park hopper

Can you add park hopper option on to your tickets when you get to WDW> What about half way through your trip? Thanks!

Still plotting how to go to WDW!

I believe you can upgrade your tickets once on property, certainly when you first arrive.
As for half way, I think they can, but I’m guessing you’re going to pay the full fee to upgrade to hoppers whether it’s one day or 10 days.

But I may be wrong.

Thanks! That is what I was thinking too…

Yes you can add it anytime just go to any ticket booth. We did this on one trip after 2 days and they only charged us for upgrading days remaining. Maybe we just got a kind CM.

I was sure you could do this also, but on 2 different recent calls to Disney I asked if we could add water parks and more to our tics once we get there and was told no. I need to add before check-in. Maybe my CM’s were wrong but it’s worth a call to be sure so you are not dissappointed. I know I have in the past upgraded our tickets to annual passes at a ticket booth. Either there is a new poloicy or the 2 agents I got were wrong.

We have upgraded after check-in once before. Of course, that was several years ago, so as always, things could have changed. We were able to do it at our resort. I’m pretty sure they’re always willing to welcome an upgrade, though! :laugh:

I agree, they usually don’t have a problem taking more money from you. Not sure why I was told you can’t do this.

wdw rep once told me they can always add if available…park hoppers would be something that can’t run out

You got that right!

Yes you can add them. We were thinking of doing this last summer but it would’ve been $50ish per person to do so which would have been double the cost had we done it when we purchased the tics, so we passed.

We upgraded once too, it was a long time ago -although I do recall we had to go to a ticket place just outside MK or maybe it was Epcot to do so. We wanted to upgrade to AP’s though so maybe that was why?

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1093011]I believe you can upgrade your tickets once on property, certainly when you first arrive.
As for half way, I think they can, but I’m guessing you’re going to pay the full fee to upgrade to hoppers whether it’s one day or 10 days.

But I may be wrong.[/QUOTE]The Park Hopper option is a flat rate. it’s roughly $58. It doesn’t matter if it’s a 3-day ticket or a 10-day ticket, it’s the same $58 added fee. Period.

As long as all the entitlements haven’t been used up on a ticket, you can upgrade/add to a ticket any time within 14 days of that ticket’s first use.

So, to answer the original question, you 100% definitely can upgrade a ticket to a park hopper mid-way through your trip. In fact, this is the advice I usually give to people who are unsure whether they want to spend the money on the Park Hopper … I tell them to buy the base ticket and then add the Park Hopper during the trip if they decide they want it. This is much better than spending the money to buy Park Hoppers and then discover during the trip that they don’t want to hop, because in that case you can’t get your money back.

[QUOTE=nancyk;1093081]I was sure you could do this also, but on 2 different recent calls to Disney I asked if we could add water parks and more to our tics once we get there and was told no. I need to add before check-in. Maybe my CM’s were wrong but it’s worth a call to be sure so you are not dissappointed. I know I have in the past upgraded our tickets to annual passes at a ticket booth. Either there is a new poloicy or the 2 agents I got were wrong.[/QUOTE]The weakest link in the Disney chain is that there is NO NUMBER to call to get general questions answered. When you call a Disney number, you get a reservations/sales call center. The cast members working there are not trained in all things Walt Disney World; they’re trained only in how to make reservations for resorts, dining, tours, and so on.

When we call those numbers, the people on the other end are, many times, making educated guesses and sometimes very uneducated guesses.

The answer to the Water Park Fun & More question is YES, you can add that option at any time, as long as your ticket isn’t totally used up and it hasn’t been more than 14 days since you first used that ticket.

[QUOTE=CleveRocks;1093772]The weakest link in the Disney chain is that there is NO NUMBER to call to get general questions answered. When you call a Disney number, you get a reservations/sales call center. The cast members working there are not trained in all things Walt Disney World; they’re trained only in how to make reservations for resorts, dining, tours, and so on.

When we call those numbers, the people on the other end are, many times, making educated guesses and sometimes very uneducated guesses.

The answer to the Water Park Fun & More question is YES, you can add that option at any time, as long as your ticket isn’t totally used up and it hasn’t been more than 14 days since you first used that ticket.[/QUOTE]

That is exactly what I thought originally, so I was surprised to get these answers from those CM’s. I myself on a previous trip have done the add-on after our trip started but I simply thought the rules had changed. What you are saying makes much more sense.