Park hopping with a non hopper base ticket

For the past few weeks there have been some questions about being able to buy a 10 day non hopper base ticket and using that ticket in two parks on the same day.
I was told once again by a CM that you can not use two days on the same ticket on the same day so that you can enter two different parks.
The turnstile will not admit you, period. It will reject your ticket at the second park.
The only way you would be able to do two parks on the same day is to have each member of your party have two tickets each.
There is no way around this, it is a hard fast rule.

Again, [U]YOU NEED TWO SEPARATE TICKETS FOR EACH GUEST IN ORDER TO HOP WITH NON HOPPERS[/U].

Did I miss a good debate on hopping with non-hoppers?

I would think you would need 2 tickets but I wonder why not just a hopper ticket.

That’s strange. I’d think it’d automatically deduct an additional day from your ticket. Huh. Learn something everyday here! Thanks for sharing (though I always have a hopper)!

I’d have to dig up the thread, but I’d say it was less a debate and more conflicting information given by some phone CMs.

The person who originally brought this up thought she was giving a good budget tip because the cost of a 10 day base is less than a 5 day hopper.
Again, I’ll have to dig up the thread.

OK, I found the thread.
It is/was the “Water Parks” thread

http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/wdw-theme-parks/49245-water-parks.html

Actually, it was a friendly conversation :laugh: I was getting the same info as Soundgod confirmed today, but another MBer was getting incorrect info.
Thanks for verifying SG

Good to know! I :heart: MB, everyone always gets the real scoop!

[QUOTE=leslieh;944654]Actually, it was a friendly conversation :laugh: I was getting the same info as Soundgod confirmed today, but another MBer was getting incorrect info.
Thanks for verifying SG[/QUOTE]

I’m glad it’s all straightened out. If WDW didn’t block non-hoppers from being used for two parks on the same day it would be a real scam. Why buy hoppers when you could get a 10 day pass and use it for 5 days with two parks each day.

This happened to the person in front of me trying to get into Epcot late in the afternoon. Her ticket was rejected and she just wanted to use another day. The CM sent her to Guest Relations and she was able to get in. Maybe she caused enough of a stink and they just let her in. Who knows!

That may be so. Of course the gate keepers don’t have the authority to do that sort of override, but Guest Relations is often under instructions to just make problems go away and keep guests happy, smiling, and spending money.

Just curious – somebody do the math for me.

Price of two base tickets, compared to the price of a one-day hopper?

I know it depends on the number of days yo ubuy and yadda yadda. But I guess I am just confused about why anyuone would even want to use two base tickets in a day? :huh:

One 10 Day base ticket = $237.00
One 5 day with hopper = $272.00

These are based on prices from Disney. Yes, you could save a few bucks, but you defeat the purpose of the park hopper. And obviously, Disney has a problem with this if people are being turned away at the gates for trying to use two days on the same ticket. The issue becomes: if this becomes commonplace, won’t Disney simply raise the price of the MYW base ticket? Would solve the problem, but does present a fairness issue to those who only want to go to one park. They would now have to pay a higher price because of people who tried to beat the system.
In all honesty, we have Annual Passes so it doesn’t present a problem to us.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;944792]Just curious – somebody do the math for me.

Price of two base tickets, compared to the price of a one-day hopper?

I know it depends on the number of days yo ubuy and yadda yadda. But I guess I am just confused about why anyuone would even want to use two base tickets in a day? :huh:[/QUOTE]

As you add more days, the cost per day decreases drastically…

Thanks for clearing that up Soundgod. I remember reading that thread and wondering about the accuracy of the information that was given.

Some CM’s just give inaccurate information.

Of course I understand that – I just can’t see a situation in which it makes enough of a difference for anyone to try and scam it out.

The only situation I can see where it might actually be important to someone is if they already own a boat load of base tickets and they want to use them –

that said,

you can always take your unused tickets and trade them up to what you want.

Bizarr-o!

[QUOTE=MissDisney;944878]Of course I understand that – I just can’t see a situation in which it makes enough of a difference for anyone to try and scam it out.

[/QUOTE]

I’m going to give them the benefit of the doubt- think that some people thought that it made sense logically, not necessarily in a “cheating” way. :laugh:

I’ll second this thought. They aren’t scamming.
It’s just trying to game the system and exploit a loop hole, the same as trying to get every last penny’s worth out of the dining plan.

Well, not really. I dont think that asking to use 2 days of tickets to get into 2 parks in 1 day is really scamming. It does make a bit of sense, but I understand their rules. With the Hopper, you are not using more days of tickets, you get them all on the same day. If I bought a 10 day ticket and couldnt get to a park one day during my 10 days, I would think it reasonable to be able to use another day’s ticket to get into another park. But the point is moot, I am just one of the dummies who long ago thought it should work that way, but learned differently. Some people’s logic (mine) just doesnt match “normal” people’s logic. I would never cheat the mouse :slight_smile: