Park Hopping?

We will be at WDW all day this Friday and Saturday, our original plans are to do only MK and Epcot, but I got to thinking last night, DH always hates it when I do that :laugh::laugh:because it usually means an extra cost.

Anyway, since we only have two days in the parks do you think it’s worth the cost and travel time between parks to have hopping added to our tickets? or should we just stick one park each day; I want to make the most of our visit especially since we didn’t think we’d even make it to WDW this year.

I’m curious to hear what y’all think.

[QUOTE=MickeyEars;1077434]We will be at WDW all day this Friday and Saturday, our original plans are to do only MK and Epcot, but I got to thinking last night, DH always hates it when I do that :laugh::laugh:because it usually means an extra cost.

Anyway, since we only have two days in the parks do you think it’s worth the cost and travel time between parks to have hopping added to our tickets? or should we just stick one park each day; I want to make the most of our visit especially since we didn’t think we’d even make it to WDW this year.

I’m curious to hear what y’all think.[/QUOTE]

Oh add the hopping- you know you’ll regret it if you dont- and the transportation is so good between parks, you’d easily fit the other parks in. If you nearly didn’t make it to WDW at all this year then you need to make the most of those days:happy:

I think it depends how many hours you want to spend in the parks. If you want to begin at rope drop and stay until the last park closes, you may want hoppers to take advantage of EMH. Also, if you have kiddos you may want to go to MK each morning when the kiddos are fresh and the lines are short.

I would do hoppers just because we know how to navigate and what we like best! I’ve easily done 2 parks in one day and got full days worth of activities in each park (with 2 kids under 4 by myself). Just remember star wars weekend and the grand opening of star tours if you hit HS!

Add the park hoppers. Then, that opens you up to all four parks, than just limiting you to two.

Add the hopper option after you arrive. If you decide you need it just walk up to the counter of the second park and pay for it then. It is silly to pay for it and possibly not use it.

I would definitely add the hopper option. Then if you want to go to a park for a dinner or breakfast that you did not have a ticket for, you won’t have to scramble to add the hopper option. Also, as others have mentioned, you will not be limited and if you decide you want to go to another park, you can in a hop, skip or jump.

Great suggestion, thanks! I’m not sure if we’ll have the extra $$ or not, but it’s worth checking into.

Add the hopper option! I wouldn’t ever go without the hopper option!

I guess i’m the oddball here. For years we’ve paid extra for a hopper. Last year we never even used it, year before we only used it on our 5th day. On two different trips before that we used it to start an early park, squeeze in a water park then close a late park. One trip we calculated time spent enroute hopping and realized we wasted 2 hrs of our day. So this year we’re not hopping, but should something out of the norm arise to need a location change while there we’ll add on then.

With only 2 days i’m sure you’ll want to see as much as possible, but for me I wouldn’t want to waste time on my only 2 days running back and forth trying to do it all. That’s me though.

You’re not alone. I agree that a lot of time gets wasted traveling to another park. We really found it to be a hassle after we had kids. Getting the kids, stroller, and all their stuff on and off of buses, the extra time spent in bag check lines, etc. was just not worth it for us. We tend to just stay put once we get somewhere. Last time we went I actually tried getting the hoppers again b/c we were traveling with friends and I wanted the flexibility to be able to join them, but we ended up only using them once, so it was not worth it. I agree that you should just wait and see if you feel the need to hop once you get there.

We hardly ever use the park hopper even though it’s always included in our tickets.
I don’t think you can see everything in one park in less than a day, what with queuing for the rides etc.
However, the park hopper is good if you want to go to Epcot in the day and go see Wishes in MK in the night, but if you’ve got two days to do two parks, you may as well spend a full day in each! :slight_smile:

I get the Parkhopper whenever I go, and I use it all the time. I like to use morning EMH, then hop to another park once the park I start in gets crowded. I also take breaks pretty much every day, and I like having the option of going to another park for fireworks or special shows/parades. If I were going for only 2 days, though, that might be different. The deciding point for me would be the choice between 2 experiences: getting the most out of two parks, seeing as much as possible of what they offer, or hitting the top handful of attractions in each of the four parks. I would probably lean towards the former, unless I was certain that I wouldn’t be back for many years, at which point I would purchase the Parkhopper and just try to catch the very best attractions in each park.

I’ve managed four parks in one day, a tradition we’ve had since our first ever WDW trip. Though this means we only really hit out fave attractions at each park then off we hop, and at times it can get a little stressful with busses and wait times, and the lure of the shops for last minute buys!

I’d say add the hopper when you get there if you think you’re going to need it, but if you’re happy with just a full day at MK an Epcot, stick to that. I find that the likes of AK and HS, depending on the ages in your group, can be half days, infact I can’t remember the last time we spent a full day at either!

I would add hopping. You can do MK in the mornings making the most of your time by getting on the headliners before the masses join you. Once the park fills up, head over to Epcot. Fast Pass Soarin as soon as you walk in and tour the rest of the park while you wait. You could easily get in all four parks if you really wanted to…you are going to be exhausted, but who cares?

I would definitely add the hopper. For longer trips, it’s not such a big deal to add it, but when we go for really short trips like yours, we always have a hopper so we can do all of our favorites in all 4 parks.

[QUOTE=Campbell87;1077488]I’ve managed four parks in one day, a tradition we’ve had since our first ever WDW trip. Though this means we only really hit out fave attractions at each park then off we hop, and at times it can get a little stressful with busses and wait times, and the lure of the shops for last minute buys!

I’d say add the hopper when you get there if you think you’re going to need it, but if you’re happy with just a full day at MK an Epcot, stick to that. I find that the likes of AK and HS, depending on the ages in your group, can be half days, infact I can’t remember the last time we spent a full day at either![/QUOTE]

I love “do all or die trying” approach on my last full day at WDW. It’s like your life depends on getting on your favorite attraction one last time before you leave.:laugh:

I’m going to go against myself here.
Usually I am the first to strongly recommend getting hoppers, but if you’re only there for 2 days, that’s adding $50 per ticket. That would be a $25 increase for each of 2 days and that’s a little spendy for some people.
Normally, I hop with the same amount of thought I give to my next breath.
Which is to say, it’s second nature to me.

The cost of the park hopper is just too much $$ for the two days. Thanks for all the input. We’ll definetly add it on our next trip, which will be considerably longer.

I agree! This is the best “option”. :happy: